• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

One Angel vs 185,000

Loyal
2Kin 19:30; 'The surviving remnant of the house of Judah will again take root downward and bear fruit upward.
2Kin 19:31; 'For out of Jerusalem will go forth a remnant, and out of Mount Zion survivors. The zeal of the LORD will perform this.
2Kin 19:32; 'Therefore thus says the LORD concerning the king of Assyria, "He will not come to this city or shoot an arrow there; and he will not come before it with a shield or throw up a siege ramp against it.
2Kin 19:33; "By the way that he came, by the same he will return, and he shall not come to this city,"' declares the LORD.
2Kin 19:34; 'For I will defend this city to save it for My own sake and for My servant David's sake.'"
2Kin 19:35; Then it happened that night that the angel of the LORD went out and struck 185,000 in the camp of the Assyrians; and when men rose early in the morning, behold, all of them were dead.

Isa 37:31; "The surviving remnant of the house of Judah will again take root downward and bear fruit upward.
Isa 37:32; "For out of Jerusalem will go forth a remnant and out of Mount Zion survivors. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this."'
Isa 37:33; "Therefore, thus says the LORD concerning the king of Assyria, 'He will not come to this city or shoot an arrow there; and he will not come before it with a shield, or throw up a siege ramp against it.
Isa 37:34; 'By the way that he came, by the same he will return, and he will not come to this city,' declares the LORD.
Isa 37:35; 'For I will defend this city to save it for My own sake and for My servant David's sake.'"
Isa 37:36; Then the angel of the LORD went out and struck 185,000 in the camp of the Assyrians; and when men arose early in the morning, behold, all of these were dead.

Ahab was probably the most wicked King in the Bible, along with his wife Jezebel. But he had a son named Hezekiah who was probably one of the most righteous kings of Israel in the Bible.
But Hezekiah had a number of set-backs during his king-ship. Quite a few things started against him after a while, finally a large army of Assyrians is coming.
Jerusalem. The name means "New Peace". Melchizedek was the king of Salem, (King of Peace) this is also often spelled or pronounced as Shalom, Jehovah-Shalom ( The God of Peace )
But even though Jerusalem has the name of peace, very places on the earth (if any) have had more wars fought in and over a city.

But back to the point here, God has plans for Jerusalem, He is not going to let the Assyrians destroy it. So He sends an angel, this story is in both 2Kings and Isaiah, both say it was one single angel.
This one single angel kills 185,000 Assyrians. I think that has to give us a little respect to the power of angels. How many angels are there, I suppose no one but God knows for sure but a few
verses that give us a clue are...

Matt 26:52; Then Jesus *said to him, "Put your sword back into its place; for all those who take up the sword shall perish by the sword.
Matt 26:53; "Or do you think that I cannot appeal to My Father, and He will at once put at My disposal more than twelve legions of angels?

A legion in the Roman army was 1,000 soldiers. So it would seem here, that there are at least 12,000 angels. Are they all capable of killing 185,000 humans? I don't know.

Peter says angel are greater in power and might than us.
2Pet 2:11; whereas angels who are greater in might and power do not bring a reviling judgment against them before the Lord.

Hebrews says Jesus was made a little "lower" than the angels for a little while.
Heb 2:9; But we do see Him who was made for a little while lower than the angels, namely, Jesus, because of the suffering of death crowned with glory and honor, so that by the grace of God He might taste death for everyone.

But the point here is, angels can affect things in the physical realm. They can kill humans. In some circumstances, God is willing to use angels to protect His interests.
So why then didn't God just use angels to clean out the promised land ( Canaan ) for the Jews, instead of having them fight for it. I think He wanted to show them He was with them as long as they were obedient.
There were times when the Jews didn't always remain obedient, such as Achan in the battle of Ai, ( Joshua 7:10-26; ) and God allowed the enemy to be victorious over them. So it seems He was teaching them discipline as well.
In fact all through the Bible the Jews are fighting the Assyrians, the Egyptians, the Babylonians, the Philistines, etc... It seems God could wiped them all out at anytime, but He didn't for various reasons.

I don't know about you, but knowing we can have the God of angel armies on our side is pretty comforting to me.

Loyal
Another thought comes to me about angels as I re-read this.

In the story of Lazarus and the rich man it says...

Luke 16:21; and longing to be fed with the crumbs which were falling from the rich man's table; besides, even the dogs were coming and licking his sores.
Luke 16:22; "Now the poor man died and was carried away by the angels to Abraham's bosom; and the rich man also died and was buried.

The angels carried him to another place.

It will be the same during the rapture/resurrection.

Matt 24:31; "And He will send forth His angels with A GREAT TRUMPET and THEY WILL GATHER TOGETHER His elect from the four winds, from one end of the sky to the other.
Mark 13:27; "And then He will send forth the angels, and will gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest end of the earth to the farthest end of heaven.

I've seen pictures and paintings of bodies just floating up from the earth. But it appears what will actually happen is... we will be carried up by the angels.

Matt 13:39; and the enemy who sowed them is the devil, and the harvest is the end of the age; and the reapers are angels.
Matt 13:40; "So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age.
Matt 13:41; "The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness,

Fire of Stone
The number of each one of these classes of angels is equal to the number of all mankind from Adam to the resurrection.

Also:
The number of falling angels is equal to the number of all mankind from Adam to Eve to the resurrection

Hence it is handed down that the number of people who are going to enter the world is equal to the number of all the heavenly hosts; but some say that the number is equal to that of one of the classes only, that they may fill the place of those of them who have fallen through transgressing the law; because the demons fell from three classes (of angels), from each class the third part.

If then it is an acknowledged fact that there are three orders of angels, and in each order, there are three classes, and in every class a number equivalent to that of all mankind, what is the total number of the angels? Some say that when the angels were created and were arranged in six divisions--Cherubim, Seraphim, Thrones, Principalities, Archangels, and Angels--the three lower divisions reflected (saying), 'What is the reason that these are set above, and we below? For they have not previously done anything more than we, neither do we fall short of them.'

On account of this reflection as a cause, according to the custom of the (divine) government, Justice took from both sides and established three other middle classes of angels--Lords, Powers, and Rulers--that the upper might not be (unduly) exalted, nor the lower think themselves wronged.

As for the dwelling-place of the angels, some say that above the firmament there are the waters, and above them another heaven in the form of infinite light and that this is the home of the angels.

Loyal
Fire of Stone
The number of each one of these classes of angels is equal to the number of all mankind from Adam to the resurrection.

Also:
The number of falling angels is equal to the number of all mankind from Adam to Eve to the resurrection

Hence it is handed down that the number of people who are going to enter the world is equal to the number of all the heavenly hosts; but some say that the number is equal to that of one of the classes only, that they may fill the place of those of them who have fallen through transgressing the law; because the demons fell from three classes (of angels), from each class the third part.

If then it is an acknowledged fact that there are three orders of angels, and in each order, there are three classes, and in every class a number equivalent to that of all mankind, what is the total number of the angels? Some say that when the angels were created and were arranged in six divisions--Cherubim, Seraphim, Thrones, Principalities, Archangels, and Angels--the three lower divisions reflected (saying), 'What is the reason that these are set above, and we below? For they have not previously done anything more than we, neither do we fall short of them.'

On account of this reflection as a cause, according to the custom of the (divine) government, Justice took from both sides and established three other middle classes of angels--Lords, Powers, and Rulers--that the upper might not be (unduly) exalted, nor the lower think themselves wronged.

As for the dwelling-place of the angels, some say that above the firmament there are the waters, and above them another heaven in the form of infinite light and that this is the home of the angels.

I was just wondering if you have any scripture for this, or what your source is?

I was just wondering if you have any scripture for this, or what your source is?

God’s mighty angels
Fire of Stones

The SWAT TEAM

1 Chronicle 21:11-15 So Gad came to David and said to him, "Thus says the LORD: 'Choose for yourself, either three years of famine, or three months to be defeated by your foes with the sword of your enemies overtaking you, or else for three days the sword of the LORD--the plague in the land, with the angel of the LORD destroying throughout all the territory of Israel.' Now consider what answer I should take back to Him who sent me."

1 Chronicle 21:13 And David said to Gad, "I am in great distress. Please let me fall into the hand of the LORD, for His mercies are very great; but do not let me fall into the hand of man."

1 Chronicles 21:14 So the LORD sent a plague upon Israel, and seventy thousand men of Israel fell.

1 Chronicle 21:15 And God sent an angel to Jerusalem to destroy it. As he was destroying, the LORD looked and relented of the disaster, and said to the angel who was destroying, "It is enough; now restrain your hand." And the angel of the LORD stood by the threshing floor of Ornan the Jebusite.

The Power of One of God Mighty Angels can destroy Seventy Thousand Men in seconds, this world the equivalent of one tactical warhead
(Read 1 Chronicle 21:14) ( 2 Samuel 24:15; 24:16)
Remember we as humans can also destroy and devastate the entire Planet in Minutes, we are flesh, the Lord will never destroy man, that's called
LOVE Thousand times more :innocent:

2 Samuel 24:14-17 And David said unto Gad, I am in a great strait: let us fall now into the hand of the LORD; for his mercies are great: and let me not fall into the hand of man.

2 Samuel 24:15: So the LORD sent a pestilence upon Israel from the morning even to the time appointed: and there died of the people from Dan even to Beersheba seventy thousand men.

2 Samuel 24:16 And when the angel stretched out his hand upon Jerusalem to destroy it, the LORD repented him of the evil, and said to the angel that destroyed the people, It is enough: stay now thine hand. And the angel of the LORD was by the threshing place of Araunah the Jebusite.

2 Samuel 24:17 And David spake unto the LORD when he saw the angel that smote the people, and said, Lo, I have sinned, and I have done wickedly: but these sheep, what have they done? let thine hand, I pray thee, be against me, and against my father's house.

The Power of Four of God Mighty Angel can destroy and devastate the entire Planet in Minutes

Revelation 7:1-8 (NLT2) Then I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds so they did not blow on the earth or the sea, or even on any tree.
Note: holding back the four winds are the four Horsemen of the apocalypse

Revelation 7:2 And I saw another angel coming up from the east, carrying the seal of the living God. And he shouted to those four angels, who had been given the power to harm land and sea,

Revelation 7 :3 “Wait! Don’t harm the land or the sea or the trees until we have placed the seal of God on the foreheads of his servants.”

Revelation 7:4 And I heard how many were marked with the seal of God—144,000 were sealed from all the tribes of Israel:

The number of falling angels is equal to the number of all mankind from Adam to Eve to the resurrection also the number of mankind is equal as of today, and not counting the worst criminals those that are in Tartar-Hell :eyes:

Revelation 7:5 from Judah — 12,000 from Reuben — 12,000 from Gad — 12,000

Revelation 7:6 from Asher — 12,000 from Naphtali — 12,000 from Manasseh — 12,000

Revelation 7: 7 from Simeon — 12,000 from Levi — 12,000 from Issachar — 12,000

Revelation 7: 8 from Zebulun — 12,000 from Joseph — 12,000 from Benjamin — 12,000

83,000 angels of the Lord

Of the children of Dan, by their generations, after their families, by the house of their fathers, according to the number of the names, from twenty years old and upward, all that were able to go forth to war;
Those that were numbered of them, even of the tribe of Dan, were threescore and two thousand and seven hundred. Num 1:38-39 (KJV)
About 10,760 angels

2 Thessalonians 1:3-10 We are bound to thank God always for you, brethren, as it is fitting, because your faith grows exceedingly, and the love of every one of you all abounds toward each other, so that we ourselves boast of you among the churches of God for your patience and faith in all your persecutions and tribulations that you endure, which is manifest evidence of the righteous judgment of God, that you may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which you also suffer; since it is a righteous thing with God to repay with tribulation those who trouble you and to give you who are troubled rest with us when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven with His mighty angels, in flaming fire taking vengeance on those who do not know God, and on those who do not obey the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ.
These shall be punished with everlasting destruction from the presence of the Lord and from the glory of His power, when He comes, in that Day, to be glorified in His saints and to be admired among all those who believe, because our testimony among you was believed.

Last edited: