• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Once more, with feeling.... repent!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
This is an unpopular message. People don't like to hear it. Some churches don't even preach it. They will be held accountable one day.

Ezek 18:32; "For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord GOD. "Therefore, repent and live."

God doesn't want us to die. But we need to repent. That verse was in the old testament, all the rest here are in the new Testament.

2Pet 3:9; The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Matt 3:2; "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
Matt 4:17; From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
Mat 11:20; Then He began to denounce the cities in which most of His miracles were done, because they did not repent.
Mark 1:15; and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."
Mark 6:12; They went out and preached that men should repent.
Luke 13:3; "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
Luke 13:5; "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."

Luke 5:32; "I have not come to call the righteous but sinners to repentance."
Luke 15:7; "I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

Luke 24:47; and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Most of the passages above from the gospels were Jesus speaking, the ones below are from the disciples after Jesus was resurrected and ascended back to heaven.

Acts 2:38; Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 3:19; "Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;
Acts 17:30; "Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,

Repentance isn't just for the Jews, Gentiles also have to repent.

Acts 26:20; but kept declaring both to those of Damascus first, and also at Jerusalem and then throughout all the region of Judea, and even to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds appropriate to repentance.

Rev 2:5; 'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place—unless you repent.
Rev 2:16; 'Therefore repent; or else I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war against them with the sword of My mouth.

Matt 3:8; "Therefore bear fruit in keeping with repentance;

It's all fine and great to talk about the love of God, and His mercy, and even His grace... but that only applies to those who repent.
There is no salvation without repentance.

2Cor 7:10; For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.

The word most frequently translated as "repent" is..
metanoeō
met-an-o-eh'-o
From G3326 and G3539; to think differently or afterwards, stop practicing sin, turn in the opposite direction, that is, reconsider (morally to feel compunction): - repent.

If you think believing Jesus is enough, remember even the demons believe.

Heb 10:26; For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27; but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.

Loyal
It's where we are placing our Faith. And the Holy Spirit working within our heart. His convicting power and our response to that. Repentance would be part of that.

Loyal
I once thought, for most of my life, confession was repentance, scary

I have herd men say no repentance is needed, only a change of heart, seems to be a play on words, these are the same people, who claim no changed heart is needed to enter heaven and that the luke warm church is going to heaven,,,,

I have recently switched churches Ray, I was thinking about you since this church is a Pentecostall church I know you attend the same denomination. I dont know if they are all like this one,, I attend but my pastors was on knees at one service begging people to repent,, because time is short, we here repent constantly in his message, very refreshing compared to the last church I attended.

Loyal
In some churches -- 'repentense' can get more into emotionalism than actual repentence. Some pastors prefer to see visual evidence of repentence and some people are very emotional in nature. For Me -- repentence is between me and God and not for public display in a church. A person's repentence should be seen through their life as believers.

Staff Member
This is an unpopular message. People don't like to hear it. Some churches don't even preach it. They will be held accountable one day.

Ezek 18:32; "For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone who dies," declares the Lord GOD. "Therefore, repent and live."

God doesn't want us to die. But we need to repent. That verse was in the old testament, all the rest here are in the new Testament.

2Pet 3:9; The Lord is not slow about His promise, as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing for any to perish but for all to come to repentance.

Matt 4:17; From that time Jesus began to preach and say, "Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand."
Mat 11:20; Then He began to denounce the cities in which most of His miracles were done, because they did not repent.
Mark 1:15; and saying, "The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand; repent and believe in the gospel."
Luke 13:3; "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish.
Luke 13:5; "I tell you, no, but unless you repent, you will all likewise perish."

Luke 15:7; "I tell you that in the same way, there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who need no repentance.

Luke 24:47; and that repentance for forgiveness of sins would be proclaimed in His name to all the nations, beginning from Jerusalem.

Most of the passages above from the gospels were Jesus speaking, the ones below are from the disciples after Jesus was resurrected and ascended back to heaven.

Acts 2:38; Peter said to them, "Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
Acts 3:19; "Therefore repent and return, so that your sins may be wiped away, in order that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord;
Acts 17:30; "Therefore having overlooked the times of ignorance, God is now declaring to men that all people everywhere should repent,

Acts 26:20; but kept declaring both to those of Damascus first, and also at Jerusalem and then throughout all the region of Judea, and even to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turn to God, performing deeds appropriate to repentance.

Rev 2:5; 'Therefore remember from where you have fallen, and repent and do the deeds you did at first; or else I am coming to you and will remove your lampstand out of its place—unless you repent.
Rev 2:16; 'Therefore repent; or else I am coming to you quickly, and I will make war against them with the sword of My mouth.

It's all fine and great to talk about the love of God, and His mercy, and even His grace... but that only applies to those who repent.

2Cor 7:10; For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation, but the sorrow of the world produces death.

metanoeō
met-an-o-eh'-o
From G3326 and G3539; to think differently or afterwards, stop practicing sin, turn in the opposite direction, that is, reconsider (morally to feel compunction): - repent.

Heb 10:26; For if we go on sinning willfully after receiving the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins,
Heb 10:27; but a terrifying expectation of judgment and THE FURY OF A FIRE WHICH WILL CONSUME THE ADVERSARIES.
Thank you Brother

I was thinking ...

Do you think there may be a connection between repentance and righteousness before God?

Bless you ....><>

metanoeō
met-an-o-eh'-o

Nice post BAC - I noticed no one responded to Ezek 18:32. Powerful verse, that alludes the carnal mind.
Christians are in as much darkness as Non-Christians; their spirit may have been born-again at one point, but they are not "being transformed by the renewing of the mind" - they remain in "the carnal mind which is death" - Rom 8:6.

Nice to see someone believes the gospel here - Jesus came to destroy sin and DEATH.
It's a metaphysical thing.

Loyal
Merlin -- let's use some common sense. We all know that both believer and non-believers die -- all of our physical bodies die. It's the Spirit that lives within everyone that continues on into eternity.

What you're doing is taking lots of Scripture -- putting it together yourself to make your own 'doctrine of beliefs'.

So -- you're Trying to suggest that our physical death is only a 'metaphysical' thing. -- a reality that is beyond that which is perceptible to the senses // highly abstract.

A person dies -- yes, their physical body is but a 'shell' that is either buried or cremated. And eternity Is a reality we won't comprehend until we Get there.

In the book of Revelation -- the state of being Dead -- comes back to Life. Remember the account in Luke of the rich man and Lazarus. Though they were both physically Dead -- they were very much Alive -- one in Haddes and the other in Paradise.

We Also have Romans 12:1-2 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice , holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

And Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, are noble, are just, are pure, are lovely, of good report, anything virtuous , anything praiseworthy -- meditate on these things."

For the born again believer, our citizenship is in heaven -- with God -- for ever. But - in the meantime -- we are here on this earth -- our lives Should be attracting people to God , the Father Through Jesus Christ. His death, burial and bodily resurrection on the 3 day provides for our salvation.

@Sue D.

It's obvious you've "made a covenant with death and hell" (Isa 28:15).
Enjoy your mortal existence in the "Wide Gate to Death", the "Wolves in Sheep's Clothing" are there to keep you comfortable.
(Matthew 7:13-15).

Loyal
Since when are there any death-cults of Christianity?!

You're 'free"?! of what? Your physical body is going to die just like everyone else's. It's the Spiritual part that lives forever.

Since when are there any death-cults of Christianity?!

You're 'free"?! of what? Your physical body is going to die just like everyone else's. It's the Spiritual part that lives forever.
"And I shall choose your delusions" - Isaiah 66:4

II John

9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

11 For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.

Thank you Jesus!!

Active
@Merlin

When I hear Christians say things as stupid as what you've said here it's like being beaten with a rod.

Considering what you've said to Sue, not only are you okay with others being cast into an eternal fire, but you have no concern for them; is this really your way, Merlin?

Active
If you would like me to, I can quote scripture against you for your sake.

I can break down every piece of your speech and correct you. I can show you exactly how you are wrong here, and I can explain to you what is correct.

But I will say this: Whoever will say Thank You Jesus after telling another brother or sister to enjoy their mortal existence before they perish, how do you suppose Jesus would respond to You?

If you would like me to, I can quote scripture against you for your sake.

I can break down every piece of your speech and correct you. I can show you exactly how you are wrong here, and I can explain to you what is correct.

But I will say this: Whoever will say Thank You Jesus after telling another brother or sister to enjoy their mortal existence before they perish, how do you suppose Jesus would respond to You?
You can start by breaking down Romans 8:13.
And elaborate on why you assume the word "perish' equates to 'Eternal Damnation'.