• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

on the true effects of COVID19

Loyal
In the meantime, Trump declared that the United States would undertake a 60-to-90 day investigation into why the "China-centric" WHO had caused "so much death" by "severely mismanaging and covering up" the coronavirus' spread, including by making the "disastrous" decision to oppose travel restrictions on China.

I'm not an investigative news reporter. But I can see the obvious.

Loyal
Good. If it's obvious, you should be able to tell me very simply what data the World Health Organization falsified, and your source of information.

It shouldn't be a complicated task. If you don't have an answer, just be honest about it and say so.

Loyal
They covered up the Wuhan virus, intentionally. If you read the articles you would know this.

Before belatedly declaring the COVID-19 outbreak a pandemic on March 11, the WHO provided conflicting and confusing guidance. More damaging, it helped China, where the crisis originated, to cover its tracks.

It is now widely recognized that China’s political culture of secrecy helped to turn a local viral outbreak into the greatest global disaster of our time. Far from sounding the alarm when the new coronavirus was detected in Wuhan, the Communist Party of China (CPC) concealed the outbreak, allowing it to spread far and wide.

You're right, not complicated at all.

Staff Member
Good Morning Brothers (or good evening) depending on where you are @Dave M @B-A-C @Hekuran @Trevor

This is an interesting thread but it is getting somewhat snappy in places.
Let's keep focussed on the fact that this is Talk Jesus.

If you Google Covid-19 there are so many so called facts and figures, so many sources of information that it becomes a mass of confusion. The devil is having a field day.

If I may share something:

Here in our little coastal region of South Australia there have been 4 or 5 reported cases of Covid-19 and no deaths.
In the whole of South Australia just 440 cases and 4 deaths.
Yet the whole economy stopped, businesses closed down, schools shut down, shortages in supplies etc
People have been affected more by the restrictions than by the "virus"

Let us look to Jesus in these last dark days and keep focussed on Him

Keep yourselves in the love of God, looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ unto eternal life.
Jude 1:21

Loyal
Thank you for the reminder Fragrant Grace.

It's relatively easy to sort your way through the confusion of information if you have a little persistence and ask the right questions. Good journalism is based on hard, verifiable facts. When a statement is made, to check its veracity we want to get a source of information that is authoritative, transparent and unbiased.

In general, the people who gather statistics are extremely conscientious, and very careful in the way they present their data. Most statistical reports have a long preface explaining how the data was gathered and what the limitations of the data.

That data gets into the hands of political advisors, lobbyists and media commentators and politicians, and it gets twisted to suit their agenda.

So it's always good when you hear someone make a claim to do a search and get as close as possible to the original source of the data. If there's a direct quotation, google it and find the original context. I did this with the quotation from Ashish Jha "this is a mess" in the OP. It came from a story in The Atlantic, and it's a misquote: he was not commenting on measuring infection rates, but testing rates.

Back to Jesus. He said "I am the way, the truth and the life" and "the truth will set you free". I know he wasn't talking about journalistic accuracy in either case, but at the very least we as Christians should hold truth and truthfulness high in our standards. The world would like us to believe that we are in a post-truth era. I want to say that Jesus is Lord and so we remain in an era where truth -- of all kinds -- matter.

Loyal
One very simple thing everybody can do is to switch their news diet from television and video to print and radio, especially print.

It's far easier to get wobbly arguments past an audience when using visual media. You have to be more exacting when it's written down.

Active
One very simple thing everybody can do is to switch their news diet from television and video to print and radio, especially print.

It's far easier to get wobbly arguments past an audience when using visual media. You have to be more exacting when it's written down.
There's a lot going on behind the scenes Hekuran, in Britain there is a concerted effort to get rid of Dominic Cummings, who is seen as the main architect of Brexit. The EU is now consorting with the left in Britain to push to extend the Brexit negotiations and keep Britain locked into Europe, Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage and Dominic Cummings are the thorns in their sides, and with the money from George Soros, politicians and media people are now creating fake news to discredit them. Dangerous times. When Britain leaves Europe proper, British finances cease to flow. Europe are already in dire straights because the Euro is to rigid and many European countries are going under because they have no means of adjusting their currencies. This is because the Euro is centrally controlled by the EU and not the individual countries. The EU is at present imploding because the main structure is falling apart. The European countries that signed up for shengan (open borders) are now closing borders because of the invasion of immigrants and coronavirus, this is damaging the concept of a nation state. The major players are now in conflict because they are starting to put their own countries first to survive, and so the money that should be going to prop up Greece , Spain and Italy, is dwindling because the main players are keeping it for their own survival. The people throughout Europe are seeing what is going on, and are now starting to go to the streets in civil unrest. The European fishermen are in panic because they are watching the fishing grounds returning to British control. There is a war going on between the Left and the right. In the States the globalist are being challenged by Donald Trump and his people, and in Britain, by Boris, Nigel Farage and Dominic Cummings. The media in both countries are being brought out by the globalist millionaires and are making a concerted effort to destroy the right. It has reached the point where it's impossible to know who to believe and who's side who is on. As Christians we need to exersize our rights as aliens and leave it to the Lord and just pray.

Last edited:
Loyal
There's a lot going on behind the scenes Hekuran, in Britain there is a concerted effort to get rid of Dominic Cummings, who is seen as the main architect of Brexit. The EU is now consorting with the left in Britain to push to extend the Brexit negotiations and keep Britain locked into Europe, Boris Johnson, Nigel Farage and Dominic Cummings are the thorns in their sides, and with the money from George Soros, politicians and media people are now creating fake news to discredit them. Dangerous times. When Britain leaves Europe proper, British finances cease to flow. Europe are already in dire straights because the Euro is to rigid and many European countries are going under because they have no means of adjusting their currencies. This is because the Euro is centrally controlled by the EU and not the individual countries. The EU is at present imploding because the main structure is falling apart. The European countries that signed up for shengan (open borders) are now closing borders because of the invasion of immigrants and coronavirus, this is damaging the concept of a nation state. The major players are now in conflict because they are starting to put their own countries first to survive, and so the money that should be going to prop up Greece , Spain and Italy, is dwindling because the main players are keeping it for their own survival. The people throughout Europe are seeing what is going on, and are now starting to go to the streets in civil unrest. The European fishermen are in panic because they are watching the fishing grounds returning to British control. There is a war going on between the Left and the right. In the States the globalist are being challenged by Donald Trump and his people, and in Britain, by Boris, Nigel Farage and Dominic Cummings. The media in both countries are being brought out by the globalist millionaires and are making a concerted effort to destroy the right. It has reached the point where it's impossible to know who to believe and who's side who is on. As Christians we need to exersize our rights as aliens and leave it to the Lord and just pray.
It's not impossible to know who to believe. It just takes a bit of effort to cut through all the vested interests.
  • Look for information from those who have little in the way of vested interests and who have appropriate expertise.
  • Get as close to the origianl source of information as you possibly can.
  • Apply appropriate skepticism to the statements of all politicians, lobbyists, and business interests.

Loyal
The media in both countries are being brought out by the globalist millionaires

the media here in the states are so evil and vile I dont know of any Christians who can watch it with out there stomach turning

easy to know who is working for the devil just by hearing them talk I can tell

Active
It's not impossible to know who to believe. It just takes a bit of effort to cut through all the vested interests.
  • Look for information from those who have little in the way of vested interests and who have appropriate expertise.
  • Get as close to the origianl source of information as you possibly can.
  • Apply appropriate skepticism to the statements of all politicians, lobbyists, and business interests.
The problem is Hekuran, People who at one time I would have staked my life on, are now subtly changing and backing the globalist up by subtle innuendos that appear plausible, but ring hollow when held against their previous staunchly held beliefs. I have lost confidence in many of them. I now follow the teachings of scripture and pray for them. You talk of vested interest. Money is a pretty good persuader.