• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Obeying husbands- what do you think

Many times we are told as wives to obey our husbands

Eph 5:22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.
Eph 5:24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so [let] the wives [be] to their own husbands in every thing.
Col 3:18 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.
1Pe 3:1 Likewise, ye wives, [be] in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives;

Alot of people say, well obey him if he is a christian- but peter/the Lord says if any obey not the word.
Others say obey him but not in everything little thing, just the important things and not if what he tells you is wrong. but paul/ God says in everything, as unto the Lord.

Now here is a question: If your husband took you on a trip to Iran or some foreign country and he told you to tell the people at the airport and anyone who asks that you are his sister( a lie), what do you do? Then if while you are there a man finds you in the market place and takes hold of you and decides to make you his wife, which in the country you are in, is the legal way and the man has total say and the woman has none what do you do since he believes the man with you( your husband) is your brother and you are free to wed?

In such a situation do you believe God enough and trust Him enough to obey your husband and lie and obey your husband and not tell this man that you are married already?
Gen 12:11 And it came to pass, when he was come near to enter into Egypt, that he said unto Sarai his wife, Behold now, I know that thou [art] a fair woman to look upon: Therefore it shall come to pass, when the Egyptians shall see thee, that they shall say, This [is] his wife: and they will kill me, but they will save thee alive.Say, I pray thee, thou [art] my sister: that it may be well with me for thy sake; and my soul shall live because of thee.And it came to pass, that, when Abram was come into Egypt, the Egyptians beheld the woman that she [was] very fair.The princes also of Pharaoh saw her, and commended her before Pharaoh: and the woman was taken into Pharaoh's house.And he entreated Abram well for her sake: and he had sheep, and oxen, and he donkeys, and menservants, and maidservants, and she donkeys, and camels.And the LORD plagued Pharaoh and his house with great plagues because of Sarai Abram's wife.And Pharaoh called Abram, and said, What [is] this [that] thou hast done unto me? why didst thou not tell me that she [was] thy wife?Why saidst thou, She [is] my sister? so I might have taken her to me to wife: now therefore behold thy wife, take [her], and go thy way.And Pharaoh commanded [his] men concerning him: and they sent him away, and his wife, and all that he had.

Gen 20:1 ¶ And Abraham journeyed from thence toward the south country, and dwelled between Kadesh and Shur, and sojourned in Gerar. And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, She [is] my sister: and Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah.But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou [art but] a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she [is] a man's wife.But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation?Said he not unto me, She [is] my sister? and she, even she herself said, He [is] my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this.

Even when men took away sarah to be theirs, she remained faithful to submit to her husband and the Lord and she did not tell that she was his wife. She had faith in her husband and the Lord to be in control of the situation no matter what it looked like.

How many of us wives today when put in situations to submit to our husbands, truly do it? i would love comments on this and maybe testimonies of when you have obeyed your husband in hard circumstances :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever read the book "Me Obey Him"? by Elisabeth Rice Hanford? I believe you should obey your husband even when he tells you to sin just your example. I believe what it says in says it. Likewise, ye wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives; The part underline says it all. Some people think that part is talking about an unsaved husband but I disagree I believe its talking about both unsaved and saved. Even if you think it's just about an unsaved husband you still have to obey him even when he's not obeying the word. :thumbs_up

Last edited by a moderator: