• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Obesity

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

I am in need of prayer for myself and my husband. He is in a program which we are hoping will lead to bariatric surgery. He has lost 138 pounds so far and is at the end of his six month requirement to be approved for surgery from the insurance company. He was doing very well.

At the August monthly meeting, he was told that since he has started medicare, the other insurance says he they will not pay for him to have surgery with the facilty he just went through all of the meetings, supervised weight loss, etc. for the past 5 months.

The place that medicare wants him to go to for the surgery told him today that he will have to go through their program now. This was very disheartening to him and he feels like there is no hope. Bariatric surgery is way beyond what we can even think of paying without insurance, so I am inclined to agree.

My husband has been disabled for two years from arthritis which has been made worse by the 600 lbs he is carrying around and so he is not able to work, because he can't sit or stand for more than a few hours, and walking is very, very, limited. The government has helped him to begin a business from home. The problem there, is the red tape to getting training and up and running in certain time limits is going so much slower than anticipated.

I am his wife, caregiver, friend, and support. This is very hard on me to see him giving up after all we have been through together. I am usually optimistic about everything, but I am getting very discouraged as well at this point. I have a strong faith in the promises of God and thank him for all he has done for me all my life, but...

I don't feel that I am strong enough alone to pray for my husband anymore. He believes in God and I know he has seen many miracles in his 40 years, but I am not sure he is truly saved. I try to be a good example of the love Jesus told us to share...

Anyway, please pray for us. I will be eternally grateful and thankful for the love of God's family surrounding us. :love:

Thank you.

Dear sister,

I am praying for you and your husband. Keeps your faith and hope in the Lord, He will open all the doors that you need.

God bless you,
miss.

Thank you, thank you, miss, for your prayers. I am thanking God for your support!

susand

Administrator
Staff Member
You and your husband will be in my prayers. I'm a health freak and I exercise daily. I know the joy of feeling good and healthy and I wish for the same for everyone else as well. It kills me to see people have health issues and obesity in general as it causes other non-physical problems as well such as laziness and low self esteem. Who wants this garbage from the devil? No, GOD is our healer in Jesus Christ.

This piece of Scripture has to be one of my most favorite as Jesus Himself spoke the promises in an inviting way!

Matthew 7:7-12

Keep Asking, Seeking, Knocking

7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent? 11 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! 12 Therefore, whatever you want men to do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.

Father God I praise You for who You are. You are our Deliverer and our Healer. I pray for this family lifting up their needs before Your throne of Grace asking You to move in this situation. I ask that this man recieve his breakthrough and that this wife see Your manifest presence surround them. I thank you Lord for the steps of faith they have already taken and that their breakthrough is coming forth as the morning Son. Eventhough sorrow may last through the night, Joy cometh in the morning! Father God, Let a brand new day dawn in this families lives so that thier faith may increase and Your Glory be revealed through the power of Your Spirit and by the blood of Jesus. I pray and ask in Jesus name, AMEN

My thoughts and prayers are with you at this time ,put your faith in God and he will deliver as always ,

Update on Obeseity prayer request

Thank you all for your prayers and concern for my husband's battle with obeseity. We were facing a setback with the insurance, but all is well again. It looked like we were going to have a long struggle with the insurance situation, but, praise God, things went much more smoothly than anticipated! Now Mark has a surgery date set for January 8.

This is for bariatric surgery. It is much needed. When you get to the point of surgery, it is because one has tried everything but cannot do it alone. Mark has finally surrenderd to God and is leaving this up to Him. Thank you all again and please remember Mark on January 8.

Afterwards, he will have to wait for two years to have the excess skin from his gigantic belly removed. It will be hanging in front of him down past his knees like a massive apron of flesh. I am asking for God to help Mark deal with yet more embarrassment until the doctors can help him get a "normal" life back. I don't know if that is the right thing to pray for, but please keep us in your prayers, so that we will keep on the right track in God's will!
Thank you and God bless you all. :love:

Tomorrow Mark has his bariatric surgery done. We have seen the presence of the Lord in all the many people who are praying for Mark. People who don't even know him personally. He is trusting God more than he has ever done in his life. God is so wonderful. I have nothing but praises to sing to my Lord! Thank you Jesus for your wonderful loving family!