• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Nothing Automatic?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
Ok. Can anybody give me an example of something in our Christiian walk that comes to us automatically? We need to get faith to get saved, to get healed, to get delivered, to prosper, to ....anything. Is ANYTHING just handed to us? LOL
And then.....When you are born again, are you a child (son) of God?
You get born again, and the Holy Spirit comes in to dwell with you in your spirit. Do left over demons there! But what about the other two thirds of you? Is that part automatically cleaned out, Or do you have a responsibility to clean out the rest?

Active
Ok. Can anybody give me an example of something in our Christiian walk that comes to us automatically? We need to get faith to get saved, to get healed, to get delivered, to prosper, to ....anything. Is ANYTHING just handed to us? LOL
You get born again, and the Holy Spirit comes in to dwell with you in your spirit. Do left over demons there! But what about the other two thirds of you? Is that part automatically cleaned out, Or do you have a responsibility to clean out the rest?
Hi, B'.
God's gifts are "there" for the taking, but they must be "taken".
Birthday gifts are free, but need to be unwrapped.
Repentance from sin is available to men, but we must repent.
The gift of the Holy Ghost is available to men, but men must turn from sin and ask for that gift of the Spirit, in order to receive it.
The death of the flesh is available to men, and rebirth, but that death and rebirth require our taking part in baptism in Jesus' name for the remission of our past sins.

I would opine that the only thing "handed to us" is the opportunity to turn to, or away from, God.

Active
I am an OSAS believer. So I believe their are many 'automatics'.

Every expectation a child has of a loving Father is automatic. On healing for example, I don't believe a child needs faith as It is a 'need'. A parent meets their children's needs whether they ask or not. No wrong in asking, but no need to ask.

As for gifts like a bicycle, an increased salary, different shoes and so on, these may take a degree of faith and prayer.

Our needs and the path we are on, are automatic. We do need to grasp that where we are, those people we encounter most of the day are / is God's will for us.

Automatic
:
Psalm 37:23[COLOR=#4d4dff] The steps of the righteous are ordered by God.[/COLOR]
Matt 6:26 [COLOR=#4d4dff]Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
[/COLOR]
Requests:
James 4:2 [COLOR=#4d4dff]You do not have because you do not ask God. 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures[/COLOR]. I include verse 3 because it speaks to the context of what we should ask for. IE 'spend'.

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
I am an OSAS believer. So I believe their are many 'automatics'.

Every expectation a child has of a loving Father is automatic. On healing for example, I don't believe a child needs faith as It is a 'need'. A parent meets their children's needs whether they ask or not. No wrong in asking, but no need to ask.

As for gifts like a bicycle, an increased salary, different shoes and so on, these may take a degree of faith and prayer.

Our needs and the path we are on, are automatic. We do need to grasp that where we are, those people we encounter most of the day are / is God's will for us.

Automatic
:
Psalm 37:23[COLOR=#4d4dff] The steps of the righteous are ordered by God.[/COLOR]
Matt 6:26 [COLOR=#4d4dff]Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
[/COLOR]
Requests:
James 4:2 [COLOR=#4d4dff]You do not have because you do not ask God. 3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures[/COLOR]. I include verse 3 because it speaks to the context of what we should ask for. IE 'spend'.
I'm sorry KingJ I was not clear...I was talking about things like salvation, baptism of the Holy Spirit, deliverance, meeting of our needs such as finances, healing and the like....Where is any of that automatic?
You're talking of healing for a child is automatic, when you know and I know, that Christian children die of disease all the time, or by accident. Healing for them is not automatic...
Why do many Christians starve and have to go on food stamps if this provision is automatic?

The paths we are on are either life living us, or Us obeying Gods direction. Again the automatic part is not Gods way.

So.......

Active
I'm sorry KingJ I was not clear...I was talking about things like salvation, baptism of the Holy Spirit, deliverance, meeting of our needs such as finances, healing and the like....Where is any of that automatic?
You're talking of healing for a child is automatic, when you know and I know, that Christian children die of disease all the time, or by accident. Healing for them is not automatic...
Why do many Christians starve and have to go on food stamps if this provision is automatic?

The paths we are on are either life living us, or Us obeying Gods direction. Again the automatic part is not Gods way.

So.......
Us needing to put effort into climbing to heaven is automatic :wink:.

You actually making an excellent point. Nothing 'automatic' is God's will. But in the same sentence we need to add, God taking literal care of matters / automatic does happen when it is a last resort and then, mostly only to His children. Example with the Hebrews in the wilderness receiving daily provision.

Active
I would have to say, everything we could ever possibly need, no mater what it is has already been given to us. I guess you could say that was automatically given.

2Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

But these things are not received automatically! Faith is the only way to experience, that which we already. This faith is only gotten by knowing what these things are through the knowledge of God.

2Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

That which we already have are only found in the promises of God, that gives us faith to get them in this life.

Loyal
Top Poster Of Month
I would have to say, everything we could ever possibly need, no mater what it is has already been given to us. I guess you could say that was automatically given.

2Peter 1:3 According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

But these things are not received automatically! Faith is the only way to experience, that which we already. This faith is only gotten by knowing what these things are through the knowledge of God.

2Peter 1:4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

That which we already have are only found in the promises of God, that gives us faith to get them in this life.
LOL That seems to be much clearer than I said it! Thank you....Yes We receive nothing automatically. We have to do something...We have to receive it....Receive means to reach out an take it....By faith.