• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Not looking at CNN.com anymore!

I don't know about you guys but I am SERIOUSLY considering not looking at CNN[edited by dannibear: posting links without permission] anymore. They are publishing blasphemous articles about Christ about EVERY week now-last week it was how "Jesus was married" and I looked at it this morning and it had a picture of a man's dirty hands and said "Jesus was alot dirtier than you think"!!! I know we are close to the Lord's return and the spirit of anti-Christ is running rampant but I want to protect my eye gate (what I let into my thought life). I stay busy with work and don't subscribe to the newspaper and hardly ever watch tv so I rely alot on the websites for news, etc. I guess I will just stick with my local news website. Prayerfully they won't start doing what CNN[edited by dannibear: posting links without permission] is doing! Let them publish a derogatory article about atheism, satanism, etc and they would catch MAJOR flack from those groups! Do you guys feel the same way I do?:secret:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know about you guys but I am SERIOUSLY considering not looking at CNN[edited by dannibear: posting links without permission] anymore. They are publishing blasphemous articles about Christ about EVERY week now-last week it was how "Jesus was married" and I looked at it this morning and it had a picture of a man's dirty hands and said "Jesus was alot dirtier than you think"!!! I know we are close to the Lord's return and the spirit of anti-Christ is running rampant but I want to protect my eye gate (what I let into my thought life). I stay busy with work and don't subscribe to the newspaper and hardly ever watch tv so I rely alot on the websites for news, etc. I guess I will just stick with my local news website. Prayerfully they won't start doing what CNN[edited by dannibear: posting links without permission] is doing! Let them publish a derogatory article about atheism, satanism, etc and they would catch MAJOR flack from those groups! Do you guys feel the same way I do?:secret:

These sorts of things are rampant in the media.......I see many things that really anger me........we must do all that we can to proclaim truth

(a line from a song I learned as a child - "be careful little eyes what you see")

Staff Member
Actually, I do sister. Except rather than angry, it makes me sad. It's another example of how lost the world in general is, and that those in the media, are some of the greatest contributers for spreading the deceit that is seen daily on every medium of communication imaginable. They are totally oblivious of the Love of our Lord and the sacrifice made on the Cross, which shows it. The sadness is that one they all will know irrefutably that Jesus Christ is Lord, and all that they have done against Him will be brought to the light of day! The shame, horror, and complicity of their crimes/actions will be seen by all and know by them for all eternity, unless they turn to the Lord. For too many when the realization of what they have done comes to light, it will then be too late to change either their condemnation or sentence for their irreverance and rejection of the King of Kings, Lord of Lords, Our Savior Jesus Christ! Blessed be His name. Yes, sister. Sometimes it can get to you. But be comforted! We are Victorious in the Lord!
YBIC
C4E
I Corinthians 15:55-58

Last edited:
Loyal
Hi, I've checked out the Jesus with dirty hands piece on CNN and I don't think there is too much to be worried about.

It's a comment piece and the basic thrust is that the polished manicured pure white image of Jesus is not true to the Bible's teaching that God became man. As a man who walked long distances, had access to rudimentary healthcare and sanitation, Jesus lived with the same health and hygiene issues as everybody else of his day. The article concludes: "He was the God who became dirty so that the world’s souls might be made clean."

Hope that helps to ease your worries a little.

Loyal
The problem for anyone, a follower of Jesus in particular, is that he is or is becoming what he eats. If people eat garbage, will they not become garbage? lt. We must eat properly and I am not talking about what the body of flesh consumes.

"Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you." John 6:53

If we watch back to back programing on the b.o.o.b. tube for hours each day, which almost certainly contains more garbage than good food, how much good food and drink (Word and Spirit) are we consuming? Do we pray and worship and read the Bible for hours (or even minutes?) every single day?

You are not partaking of CCN anymore? How about replacing the time saved with the consumption of the Word and the Spirit?

The msm media is bad trust me, my dad hates cnn and MESS-NBC (msnbc but my dad calls it that lol) they even have a gay woman in primetime, stay away from them. I like Fox!

I tend to stay clear of most media programs, news or not. Either it's corrupt, full of subliminal messages, or tries to destroy God's work. In terms of main stream media, Fox is the closest to the truth your gong to get. However, I would caution against blindly trusting alternative media sources some are actually anti-Israel and potential anti-Christian propaganda channels rather than alternative news media. I am by no means trying to say that we should approve everything Israel, or any other nation/group/religion has done, rather to be careful about blindly believing what alternative media says about them.

Praise The LORD

Hallelujah i just removed CNN from my webbrowser amen.

i recommend that all Christians stop watching TV as well, it is all of the devil all FEAR and trash and filth, sell your tellavision!

Glory to GOD

Last edited:
Let them publish a derogatory article about atheism, satanism, etc and they would catch MAJOR flack from those groups!

Lol. Exactly! Then if Christians do show the slightest concern or protest -- we are mocked, in a sense, and have stuff like "Doesn't the Bible teach you not to be angry!?" in thrown in our face.

Lol. Exactly! Then if Christians do show the slightest concern or protest -- we are mocked, in a sense, and have stuff like "Doesn't the Bible teach you not to be angry!?" in thrown in our face.

ya we take it my dad says chistians always get attacked on TV and nobody cares but if somebody says something about athests or gays then its like the worst thing ever. Too bad.

CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC/MSNBC/ The alphabet soup names of the God hating left. Is it really a surprise to hear, or see they attack Christians?

They collectively attack anything wholesome, and good. They are Satan's mouthpieces.

Anyone who depends on them for their news is a low information zombie. You will never get the truth from them.

There are three kinds of wisdom; spiritual, fleshly, and demonic ( Jas 3:15) CNN, like most of the media, knows nothing of Christ and cannot even began to understand Him (Joh 3:3) and therefore are limited to the latter. The god of this world (the god of all the lost) directs their opinions, and they cannot but hate, and mock Christ.

New advances in television technology such as ultra high definition can make screen viewing very relaxing, as if you are visiting an art museum to see great works of art and craft. TV documentaries about our endangered wildlife of plants and animals can be seen with almost mirror-like quality, to remind us that mother nature, God's creatures of our Earth, is working hard to fight global warming - besides our human fight through the use of green clean technology such as solar/wind power.:
Like shopping, we choose programs we like, and now with the advances of television and internet together, program choices can be shown when we want, especially the TV News. New wonders of television has reminded me about God's kingdom and that the ultimate in television technology has been achieved, knowing that God knows the past, present and future. My guess is that television might not seem anything like it all - if you were born a thousand years later and noticed that the big 3D TV screens at present have become as tiny as a mite and planted directly on the center front layer of the two human eyes, and switch channels or programs with your "thought remote control".
Praise Jesus for our advanced Kingdom of God is coming soon on a new disaster-proof Earth and Jesus will moderate our program production/viewing if entertainment is to be a healthy one.;*;.

I once read a poster displayed on a church wall it said 'Jesus died, so what' it is an evangelical church too, perhaps they were trying to wake people up but I definatly didn't agree with that wording, if the church hadve been open I would have went in and took it up with them but unfortunatly it was closed.
Next time I passed by it had been removed I'm sure other believers had same thoughts as myself.
I think that oly the Word of God should be displayed on church notices as mans word just has no effect and its stupid when compared to Gods word.

Loyal
CNN/ABC/CBS/NBC/MSNBC/ The alphabet soup names of the God hating left. Is it really a surprise to hear, or see they attack Christians?

They collectively attack anything wholesome, and good. They are Satan's mouthpieces.

Anyone who depends on them for their news is a low information zombie. You will never get the truth from them.

I'm old enough that I can remember when television news and newspapers prided themselves on objective reporting. Sure there were always editorial opinions, but
the real news, always tried to be as neutral as possible. I guess those days are long gone. There is a spin on everything.

The msm media is bad trust me, my dad hates cnn and MESS-NBC (msnbc but my dad calls it that lol) they even have a gay woman in primetime, stay away from them. I like Fox!

You are right. msn is very bad and I know the gay woman you are speaking about. I avoid them and watch Fox also

I try not to watch CNN or any other mainstream news source - hopefully the reasons for this are obvious by now.