• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Not Always Rewarded Immediately

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
I was also upright before him, and have kept myself from mine iniquity. Therefore the LORD hath recompensed me according to my righteousness; according to my cleanness in his eye sight. 2 Samuel 22:24-25

David faced adversity that few can imagine. He didn't just fight in battles and bear the weight of being king; he also lived years of his life as a fugitive, hunted by King Saul. If David had judged his circumstances on the run as the reward for his faithfulness, few could have blamed him for giving up on God. However, David remained blameless because he believed God would reward him for his faithfulness.

Is there an area of your life where you have to trust in God's faithfulness? Are there promises that you need to desperately hold on to? While as you may know how David's story ends and can see how his trust in God won out, no one has that assurance while going through the fire. Faith must fill this uncertainty gap.

Where is your hope today?

It's tempting to place your hope in the things you can control and predict. Placing yourself in God's care is hardly an assurance of an easy, conflict-free life. The promise of God is that your love and obedience is always seen and always rewarded--even if that reward comes in the future.

Today's faithfulness will pay off. Your obedience today that leads to a perceived loss will one day return to you as a blessing.

Prayer: Lord, I place today's challenges in Your loving care.