• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Not a Reservoir but a Spring

Christ is not a reservoir but a spring. His life is continual, active and ever passing on with an outflow as necessary as its inflow. If we do not perpetually draw the fresh supply from the living Fountain, we shall either grow stagnant or empty. It is, therefore, not so much a perpetual fullness as a perpetual filling.

--A. B. Simpson

"The only way to keep a broken vessel full is to keep it always under the tap" -D.L. Moody

Christ is not a reservoir but a spring. His life is continual, active and ever passing on with an outflow as necessary as its inflow. If we do not perpetually draw the fresh supply from the living Fountain, we shall either grow stagnant or empty. It is, therefore, not so much a perpetual fullness as a perpetual filling.

--A. B. Simpson

Excellent post Stephen, may all of us employ this truth into our daily lives.
I really like A.B. Simpson's teachings, very Christ centered.

I agree with Stephen, it is good to see you back on the forum Coconut. You really are a blessing and missed very much when your away.

Last edited:
what a wouderful and inspinring post...and your right when we stop flowing out we become as the dead sea ..full of salt and stagninet in our aroma to this world..God bless you ..Rev

--A. B. Simpson

Awesome post, so true! We drink from that spring and we never thirst again.

when we stop flowing out we become as the dead sea ..full of salt and stagninet in our aroma to this world..

That word went straight to my heart, thank you

It is Christ who brings us to saltless places, and tells us to pour ourselves out for those who need preservation.- Word of God