• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

no more in God we trust?

I stopped in the bank with my Aunt today,
and they said that the coins we were getting
no longer said, 'IN God We Trust'.
They also reported to me that they are planning on taking
it off paper money in the next couple of years.
How could they do something like this??
Ever since the birth of our nation, that is the principle
we were built on, and now they are erasing it away,
like it doesn't mean something to anyone.
What do you all think of this?

All the info I could find thus far says this is not true but who knows.
Go to the Snopes website. They specialize in confirming or denying claims like this. Hopefully they are right but either way in God will I trust.

Below is the info they had and it seems this has been rumored for some time:

A Historic Change
Claim: New U.S. dollar coins were designed with the motto "In God We Trust" omitted.

FALSE

Example: [Collected via e-mail, February 2007]

Since the 1950's, "In God We Trust" has been our National Motto, and has been inscribed on the front of all coins and the back of all paper currency.

This new coin came out this month. The U.S. Mint hopes the redesigned $1 coin will win acceptance with consumers.

It does not have "In God We Trust" on it. Here's another way of phasing God out of America.

U.S. Government to Release New Dollar Coins

You guessed it
'IN GOD WE TRUST'
IS GONE!!!

Who originally put 'In God We Trust' onto our currency?

My bet is that it was one of the Presidents on these coins.

All our U.S. Government has done is Dishonor them, and disgust me!!!

If ever there was a reason to boycott something, THIS IS IT!!!!

DO NOT ACCEPT THE NEW DOLLAR COINS AS CHANGE

Together we can force them out of circulation.

Origins: In 2007 the U.S. Mint began the release of a series of coins similar in concept to the 50 State Quarters Program launched in 1999. This new series, the Presidential $1 Coin Program, features dollar coins identical in size, color, and composition to the
earlier Sacagawea dollar, each one bearing the likeness of a former U.S. President on the obverse (front) and a representation of the Statue of Liberty on the reverse (back). The Presidential $1 coins will be released in series of four per year (in order corresponding to the presidents' terms of office) beginning in February 2007.

Just as the first Presidential $1 coins rolling out of the Mint in early 2007, e-mails began to circulate spreading the erroneous assertion that the new dollar coins did not include the phrase "In God We Trust" in their design. In fact, the Presidential dollars neither omitted the phrase "In God We Trust" nor demonstrated a plot to "phase God out of America." As specified by Presidential $1 Coin Act of 2005, in order to allow for "larger and more dramatic artwork" on the coins' faces, the new Presidential $1 coins incorporated a few design features not found on other current U.S. coinage, one of which is that elements typically displayed on either the obverse or reverse of U.S. coins — the year of minting, the mint mark, the motto from the Great Seal of the United States ("E Pluribus Unum"), and the current national motto of the United States ("In God We Trust") — were instead included as edge-incused inscriptions. That is, all of these elements appeared on the edges of the new dollar coins rather than on their fronts or backs:

The following photograph shows how the national motto is stamped as an edge-incused inscription on a dollar coin blank:

The related claim that positioning "In God We Trust" on the edge of the coin means that the motto will quickly be worn away is an unlikely one, since the overwhelming majority of the dollar coins have ended up sitting in bank vaults or in the hands of collectors rather than being put into general circulation and thus experience very little wear.

(Small quantities of the George Washington and John Adams presidential dollars were discovered to be missing their edge inscriptions shortly after the initial release of those coins, but those examples were the result of minting errors and were not reflective of the new dollars' intended standard appearance. The stamping of the faces and the adding of the edge inscriptions are separate steps in the minting process and involve the use of different machinery.)

One traditional feature that has been left off the new dollar coins is the appearance of the word "Liberty." The U.S. Mint explained the change by noting that "each coin represents this important value by depicting the Statue of Liberty on the reverse":

With the passage of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2008, Congress reversed its previous specifications and instructed the U.S. Mint to move the "In God We Trust" motto from the edge to the front or back of the presidential $1 coins "as soon as is practicable." Beginning with the first Presidential $1 coin issued in 2009 (which bore the likeness of the ninth U.S. President, William Henry Harrison), the motto was repositioned to the bottom left-hand portion of the obverse:

I guess its because it should be "In money we trust" Greed is rampant. Its the golden calf. Its because the world is gearing up for the antichrist and doesn't even know it. They know not what they do. The world is going to get worse and worse before the return of Jesus. So don't let any of this surprise you.

Movement to cashless society!

We definitely see a trend that is undermining the schools, Constitution, church (new law regulations), freedom of speech and how the United States is printing money for the advancement of NWO. There is a point that we will be in a position of excepting this as they move into a one world currency federated by the Euro dollar. This eventually will lead to the Mark of the Beast in Revelations. This (my opinion) will be the National ID chip (which will be called later, Global ID) which we know what Revelations says about that: Then in: Revelations 13:16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: Revelations 13:17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.
Revelations 13:18 Here is wisdom. Let him that hath understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number [is] Six hundred threescore [and] six. But we must stay faithful walking in righteousness with wisdom of Gods understanding that we will be found worthy at the last trumpt. May God richly bless you, Brother David.

Last edited:
It's beginning to make me sick, of all the things they
are doing to "TRY" to take God out of everything!
These people just don't understand though, that God is
everywhere, and that it's obsurd to say they
'took God's influence off of money' or 'took God
out of schools.' Why isn't it other religions?
How come the religion they are against the most is
our Christianity? You don't see people saying,
'look, we took pagan, wiccan, satanism, etc. out of school?'
I understanding now to the fullest extent of what God
meant when He said, 'And you will be hated because of me'.

What is the worst thing in satan's eyes?

For God to be worshiped and to have Jesus' and God's name everywhere. So satan decided to 'do away' with it all...and any influence that God may have on anyone or anything.

Satan doesn't go after what is helping him...only what is hurting him.

I found a coin where the words had been moved to the edge of the coin, I guess where it will not be seen and wear off quickly.

It is ironic that anything to do with God should be illegal, how long before the insurance companies exclude God from things that happen we have no control over? Most acts of God are not covered unless you pay an extra premium, there should be a lesson in that...somewhere. Just thought I'd toss that in.

What is the worst thing in satan's eyes?

For God to be worshiped and to have Jesus' and God's name everywhere. So satan decided to 'do away' with it all...and any influence that God may have on anyone or anything.

Satan doesn't go after what is helping him...only what is hurting him.

Yea, and what upsets me is, when I look around at the
city I live in, the kids in my school, the people in my family,
I wonder, why can't they see the pain and suffering and
darkness that I see? Why don't they realize that
everything is not 'ok?'

I found a coin where the words had been moved to the edge of the coin, I guess where it will not be seen and wear off quickly.

It is ironic that anything to do with God should be illegal, how long before the insurance companies exclude God from things that happen we have no control over? Most acts of God are not covered unless you pay an extra premium, there should be a lesson in that...somewhere. Just thought I'd toss that in.

I have one of those coins, there it was on the edge...
I was like, um, ok, that cant be right...
and yea, i have to pay extra here in Florida for hurricane insurance -_-
No one in my family seems to realize all this, and when I say something,
they look at me like the guy holding the sign saying 'the end is near'

I have one of those coins, there it was on the edge...
I was like, um, ok, that cant be right...
and yea, i have to pay extra here in Florida for hurricane insurance -_-
No one in my family seems to realize all this, and when I say something,
they look at me like the guy holding the sign saying 'the end is near'

We are the guys and gals holding the sign...:wink:

We are the guys and gals holding the sign...:wink:
I think that believers getting worked up about issues such as this is what the devil wants. Remember? "He goes about as an angel of light seeking whom he may devour" (2 Cor 11:14). Satan wants to hijack our evangelistic zeal and send us off on campaigns that appear to be righteous, but are in fact designed to take our focus off the Father's mission for us, the mission of drawing people to Jesus.

Battles over things like having "In God we trust" engraved on coins are secondary. The real WAR is over the minds and hearts of people with their eternal destinies hanging in the balance.

SLE