• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

No More Excuses

Staff Member
But the LORD said to me: "Do not say, 'I [am] a youth,' For you shall go to all to whom I send you, And whatever I command you, you shall speak. Do not be afraid of their faces, For I [am] with you to deliver you," says the LORD. Jeremiah 1:7-8 NKJV

God’s people have been using excuses to not do what He’s called them to for thousands of years. Moses said he couldn’t speak well, Abraham and Sarah thought they were too old, and in today’s verses, Jeremiah claims he is too young. But the Lord stops that right away, just as He did with Moses, Abraham, and Sarah.

Just go, the Lord told Jeremiah, and do not fear because He would go with him.

Take note of what Matthew Henry said in his concise commentary about these verses: “It becomes us to have low thoughts of ourselves. Those who are young, should consider that they are so, and not venture beyond their powers. But though a sense of our own weakness and insufficiency should make us go humbly about our work, it should not make us draw back when God calls us.”

What’s your excuse? Isn’t it time to go humbly about the work God has called you to? Cast down your excuse and trust God to go with you.

Prayer: Lord, I’ve held on to my excuse for so long, but I believe that as I let go today, You will walk with me.