• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

New to everything!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Hello brothers and sisters!
I recently have went threw a few huge life changes! My life has changed for the better in so many ways! At the time of all the pain and hurt I didn't think things could ever get better, but they did. I owe this all to God. God saved me. He saw hope in me and pulled me out of the horrible road I was wondering down. I lived a dark, very scary, very sinful life. I wasn't proud of this but I am proud of myself over coming it all the way I have. I feel like I owe God so much for all he has done for me. He loves me and I have basically moved back home at 23. Living with my parents I have went out bought a bible and trying to please the lord and live a way healthier life! I appreciate every moment I have on earth, and this is huge because at one time this wasn't the case. I am so excited to see the life God has planned for me in the days to come! I have truly stopped worrying about the future and have put it into gods hands!
With no worries and God in my heart, life is great! God is great!! God bless every single one of you!!

Loyal
Hello brothers and sisters!
I recently have went threw a few huge life changes! My life has changed for the better in so many ways! At the time of all the pain and hurt I didn't think things could ever get better, but they did. I owe this all to God. God saved me. He saw hope in me and pulled me out of the horrible road I was wondering down. I lived a dark, very scary, very sinful life. I wasn't proud of this but I am proud of myself over coming it all the way I have. I feel like I owe God so much for all he has done for me. He loves me and I have basically moved back home at 23. Living with my parents I have went out bought a bible and trying to please the lord and live a way healthier life! I appreciate every moment I have on earth, and this is huge because at one time this wasn't the case. I am so excited to see the life God has planned for me in the days to come! I have truly stopped worrying about the future and have put it into gods hands!
With no worries and God in my heart, life is great! God is great!! God bless every single one of you!!
Angelina, You say you are not "born again", but you are talking like a person who is. What happened that caused this change in your life? Do you know how a person becomes "born again"? If you don't know, this is how.

Rom 10:9 because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
Rom 10:10 For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved.

Active
Welcome to Talk Jesus Angelena. Hopefully you will find good fellowship here in the nice family of Brothers and Sisters. I'm one of the old guys who likes to help you younger folk get your Born Again legs strengthened so you'll be able to walk in the Spirit at a good pace.

I saw in your post that God saved you. Because there is so much false teachers out there, if you don't mind, I'd like to hear your testimony about how God saved you. There are always new folk coming into our Forum and some are not saved. Your testimony just might be the one that God chooses to plant a Gospel seed in that someone.

Again, a warm welcome and a hug. Enjoy your time here and if there is anything that I can help you with, just ask me and I'll do my best, with the help of the Holy Spirit, to answer any questions. God bless you with Peace and Joy.

Welcome to Talk Jesus Angelena. Hopefully you will find good fellowship here in the nice family of Brothers and Sisters. I'm one of the old guys who likes to help you younger folk get your Born Again legs strengthened so you'll be able to walk in the Spirit at a good pace.

I saw in your post that God saved you. Because there is so much false teachers out there, if you don't mind, I'd like to hear your testimony about how God saved you. There are always new folk coming into our Forum and some are not saved. Your testimony just might be the one that God chooses to plant a Gospel seed in that someone.

Again, a warm welcome and a hug. Enjoy your time here and if there is anything that I can help you with, just ask me and I'll do my best, with the help of the Holy Spirit, to answer any questions. God bless you with Peace and Joy.
Thank you so much for responding to my new post! I stumbled upon this forum this morning as I was waking up and reading my bible. Recently I went threw a nasty break up after being with the guy for five years. I am going to be honest, when I first met him he was married and getting a divorce. I was very young and well kind of dumb. I made bad choices and I was truly just living a life full of sin. It isn't until now that I realize how bad all of the decision I made were. I didn't grow up in a house without God but we didn't go to church or read the bible. My parents grew up in church but for one reason or another we just didn't go to church. Which I know now, you don't have to go to church to believe in God.
There come a day when my grand mother got very sick and I went to take care of her but the man I was with, was a very jealous and abusive person. He got mad at me for doing it, he wasn't in control of what I was doing. I prayed to God asking for him to get me out of the situation. I begged God if he could only give me a better life I would never look back, and he did. Well..... I never looked back. I lived in Texas with him, the next day I got on a plane and flew to Michigan with my parents. I tried so hard to make him happy, but I see now nothing I ever did was gonna make him happy. God didn't send me that man, God is never going to send you someone else's man. I know these are things everyone should know but I honestly didn't think I was doing wrong. Now at 23 I am moved back in with my parents. I am healing and getting my life back together, happier than ever. I owe all of this to God. He saved me and now he is helping me grow into the person I am meant to be! This new beautiful life for me has so many oppurtunites and things are just full of joy and light. The life I used to live was dark and scary and I never ever want to be back there. A life full of sin, is no life at all.

I'm trying hard to not let God down, he helped me out of my darkness and I hate to think I am letting him down.
Every day is a new day, getting stronger and smarter and I love it! I have so much more to learn and a way better person to become but I'm ready! I am eager to learn!

I have so many questions about things but I guess with time they will all be answered!
Does the devil try to stop you from learning about God? At times I get so confused about things and I hate it!
Thank you so much for my time
I know this is long
But I would love to have some good help with my faith and everything else! God bless you!!!!

Staff Member
First before all else.........Welcome to Talk Jesus @Angelena Snyder !!!

Quite the story you've told in your postings!
That you've identified that you're a sinner first and foremost is the first step! Takes a lot for one to admit to being wrong without justifying the why. Even harder to tell others of it! Yet you've done both! Honesty is a rare jewel in these times.

In your postings and bio you speak of God, you mention Church, etc. But what I need to ask.....Is Jesus your Personal Savior? I say "Personal Savior" because this is truly between you as a sinner and the sacrifice of Jesus upon the Cross so that those sins will be washed away in and through Him. I really want not for me to be sure, but for you to be. Because, there is a point that your faith will be tested and one thing nobody can take away from you is your very own testimony! It is real, personal and it's between you and Jesus!

I put a couple of links below just in case you have questions or are not sure.

How do I accept Jesus as my Savior
How to be friends with God

I do believe that anyone here will gladly answer any questions you may have.
Once again Angelena Snyder......Be Welcome!!!
C4E
<><

Active
Thank you so much for responding to my new post! I stumbled upon this forum this morning as I was waking up and reading my bible. Recently I went threw a nasty break up after being with the guy for five years. I am going to be honest, when I first met him he was married and getting a divorce. I was very young and well kind of dumb. I made bad choices and I was truly just living a life full of sin. It isn't until now that I realize how bad all of the decision I made were. I didn't grow up in a house without God but we didn't go to church or read the bible. My parents grew up in church but for one reason or another we just didn't go to church. Which I know now, you don't have to go to church to believe in God.
There come a day when my grand mother got very sick and I went to take care of her but the man I was with, was a very jealous and abusive person. He got mad at me for doing it, he wasn't in control of what I was doing. I prayed to God asking for him to get me out of the situation. I begged God if he could only give me a better life I would never look back, and he did. Well..... I never looked back. I lived in Texas with him, the next day I got on a plane and flew to Michigan with my parents. I tried so hard to make him happy, but I see now nothing I ever did was gonna make him happy. God didn't send me that man, God is never going to send you someone else's man. I know these are things everyone should know but I honestly didn't think I was doing wrong. Now at 23 I am moved back in with my parents. I am healing and getting my life back together, happier than ever. I owe all of this to God. He saved me and now he is helping me grow into the person I am meant to be! This new beautiful life for me has so many oppurtunites and things are just full of joy and light. The life I used to live was dark and scary and I never ever want to be back there. A life full of sin, is no life at all.

I'm trying hard to not let God down, he helped me out of my darkness and I hate to think I am letting him down.
Every day is a new day, getting stronger and smarter and I love it! I have so much more to learn and a way better person to become but I'm ready! I am eager to learn!

I have so many questions about things but I guess with time they will all be answered!
Does the devil try to stop you from learning about God? At times I get so confused about things and I hate it!
Thank you so much for my time
I know this is long
But I would love to have some good help with my faith and everything else! God bless you!!!!
Thank you so very much for your reply to my post. You sound like a very sweet young Lady who has begun to see God as He is, the One who loves you the best and Who wants you to have a great relationship with His Son, Jesus.

There is a beginning commitment that all of us have to make to Jesus the Son of God before our Heavenly Father can bring us into His Family of born again believers. I don't know if you've read about Nicodemus, he asked Jesus how he could be saved. Here's that Scripture....John 3:1-6

1. Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. 2. This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” 3. Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” 4. Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother’s womb and be born?” 5. Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. 6. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

So my dear Angelena, If you have not, as yet, called upon Jesus to give you this new spiritual birth, you can do it right now. Just you and the God Who loves you and wants you to be His child so He can take care of you the rest of your life and then when you die, He'll take you to His House in Heaven where He lives. Here's how....

Romans 10:9-13
9. because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10. For with the heart one believes and is justified, and with the mouth one confesses and is saved. 11. For the Scripture says, “Everyone who believes in him will not be put to shame.” 12. For there is no distinction between Jew and Greek; for the same Lord is Lord of all, bestowing his riches on all who call on him. 13. For “everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Note: All Scripture is provided by "Bible Hub" English Standard Version.

So, find a quiet place and pray to your heavenly Father a prayer like this....Dear Heavenly Father, I'm a sinner and I want to change. I believe in the death, burial, and resurrection of Your Son Jesus Christ. He died so that my sins could be forgiven. Please forgive all my sins. I desire for Your Son to come into my life and heart to be my Lord and Savior. I will, to the best of my ability, live a life pleasing to You. I now repent of my sinful lifestyle and will, by Your help, life a new life. In Jesus Name Amen.

Congratulations Angelena, you are now a born again Christian and Child of Almighty God. You are now my Sister in Jesus. Welcome to the wonderful family of God. I love you and will help you with any questions that you might have....Have a wonderful new day walking with Jesus.

Loyal
Welcome to the forum, @Angelena Snyder

Lots of differing opinions or beliefs here on small points, but on the bigger things we must come to agreement before the end in accord with His Word and His Plan. Give God the glory.