• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

New here, looking for support to see my way out of rock bottom.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

My name is Jayna, I am 21 years old, and I have a beautiful 3 1/2 year old daughter. I am currently going through a very rough time and I am looking for some light, motivation, and support.

Staff Member
Welcome to Talk Jesus @Jayna

Always awesome when someone finds their way to this Online Christian Community.

We can pray for you, but know that the only light that will lift you from the darkness of despair and the weight of the world is Jesus. In and through Him all things are complete.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask them.

Once again be welcomed.
C4E
<><

Then Jesus again spoke to them, saying, "I am the Light of the world; he who follows Me will not walk in the darkness, but will have the Light of life." John 8:12

"And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved." Acts 4:12

Maybe I should create a new thread for this but my mother is keeping my daughter from me and I am trying to get out of the dark place I have been feeling like I'm in. I signed over temporary guardianship to her 8 months ago, as I had nowhere to live and I wanted my daughter to be in a stable environment. I have had a place for 6 months now and I am completely on my own. She has no valid reason for keeping her from me, and it's very painful for the both of us. My daughter asks all the time to see her Mommy but she is being denied. I have been asking the Lord every night to guide me, and give me strength. I do not know how much longer I can hold on.

Jayna.. I am so sorry that you are walking through that.. I cannot say that I know how you feel. You might have to end up taking the matter into your hands legally, and just pray in the meantime that you can salvage the relationship with your mother, and still be able to get that child of yours back in your arms. Why does your mother feel that you should not have her? If that is too personal a question to answer, I completely understand. I will pray for you, your mother, and especially, your daughter. If you need another mom to talk to, I am here.
God Bless You.

Joshua 1:9
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.

Loyal
Welcome to the forum @Jayna I am praying for your situation. Also read these words of Jesus:

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. " Matt 11:28-30

Greetings and God's Peace Jayna. Welcome to the site. There are many here that are proficient in the Word of God. I am not one of them. I just know in Whom I have put my hope, and in Whom I have put my trust... Jesus Christ.
I relate to being at rock bottom though.,I've been to bottoms that few survive. God is merciful indeed.
Being honest; those bottoms that I had reached were caused by my own self seeking and indifference to others; emphasized by many broken promises, fierce resentments, and callous disregard for others. That being the case, when I surrendered and repented, no one that "knew me when" took it seriously, and indeed even to this day there are those that would rather remember and reject the unsaved me, than acknowledge the man that God's mercy is turning me into. As painful as that is, I have to acknowledge their right to that opinion, Who is in Charge, Trust In His Will; and allow Him to work on healing the injuries I had inflicted on others. False promises and insincere attempts had made my words cheap. I have to live it now... not speak it
What I also have to do is acknowledge my part, ask forgiveness of those I had harmed; be willing to make amends; and to pray for them, not expecting to be welcomed with open arms, but always willing to extend the same Mercy that God has given me. And I have to accept that things happen on God's Time schedule.... not my own.
God knows us better than we know ourselves; His Light cuts through every dark space in us. He understands our impatience, and Praise Him for His! What I have learned was that I first had to establish my relationship with the King, before I could deal with relationships with others. Trust God; seek His face.... the rest will fall into place

Thank you all so much. (Aubrie, @amadeus2, @milordsheep)
All of this is very helpful and uplifting! I am very glad I decided to join here!

@Aubrie Sloan, she does not tell me her reasoning. She mainly ignores me and says my daughter is well adjusted and that she has no reason to be with me. I am not sure but I pray for her as well and that all of this will come to end and go back to normal soon.