• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

Need some support

Hi everyone. My name is Elizabeth and I'm new to this site. I'm fourteen years old and I have been a Christian all my life. I go to church every Sunday, try to remember to pray, and read the bible. I go through all the motions, but something is missing. I've been depressed since I was twelve, and last year I got officially diagnosed. I try to pray and ask for hope, peace, and strength, but my words always seem meaningless and fake. I lost all hope in life and every day is a struggle for me. I know some of you are probably thinking that I sound silly because you may think I'm too young to be this sad, but I am. I want to get better. I want to have hope again and I want to be okay. It's just so hard. Every day I wake up and put on a fake smile. I feel like God has abandoned me. If he truly loves me like His word says, why on earth would he curse me with this illness?

All I ask of you is that you keep me in your prayers. I'm having such a struggle fighting this depression. I don't think I can handle this much longer. Thank you for your time.

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm terribly sorry to hear things seemingly aren't going to well. I would like for you to know that God does, in fact, love you and he would never abandon you. He loves you so much and I cannot stress that enough.

Know that you are not alone through this as well as you are in my prayers.

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm terribly sorry to hear things seemingly aren't going to well. I would like for you to know that God does, in fact, love you and he would never abandon you. He loves you so much and I cannot stress that enough.

Know that you are not alone through this as well as you are in my prayers.
Thank you very much Aaron. :)

Hello Elizabeth :) My name is Angel. You are not too young to feel sadness. I have fought depression all my life and it started at a very young age. I used to make excuses of why I shouldn't feel this way. I used to justify other peoples actions towards me. I had to stop doing that. And I'm thinking so do you. One sure fire way for things to change is to cry out to God. Do not discredit your feelings. God doesn't do that and neither should you. Confess how you feel to God. This was very uncomfortable to me at first. This may sound silly but I went to the extreme of when I would even hit my elbow on something I would say, "ouch that hurt, I didn't like it" People think all we have to confess is our sins. That would be a very negative relationship, in my opinion. He knows all things, but that doesn't mean He doesn't want to hear from us. Proverbs 3:6 We are to acknowledge Him in all our ways! He wants us to have a relationship with Him. When you're feeling all alone know He is there with you. Keep your head up. He loves you. He promises never to leave or forsake you. He never lies. My favorite scripture is
Isaiah 61 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;

2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
This is where my journey with Jesus started. He heals our broken hearts and comforts all that mourn.