Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Need help I have a problem with my faith :(

Discussion in 'Seeking Jesus' started by Naphol Witaya, Sep 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. *English isn't my first language
    I'm sorry if I confuse you.

About last month I had a questions to my self
    for example "Is Christianity true? what if Islam is right? how I can make sure that christianity is true?" "Has the Bible been corrupted or edited? How I can make sure that Bible is really a God's word?" "Which one is true between Bible & Quran?" and when I started to have these question I try to answer my self I try to find the answer of these question from Bible,Google,Youtube etc. but even I found the answer I still have a doubt&question.
    THESE QUESTION MAKE ME CONFUSE AND I STARTED TO HAVE DOUBT ON JESUS AND CHRSITIANITY
    I have a question to my self all time "Is Jesus God ? or his disciple misunderstand him? " "Jesus or muhammad? "
    "Bible or Quran?"
    I'm from Thailand and I'm a ex-buddist.
    I'm christian when I was in grade 5.
    At the moment I'm really ashame to call my self a "Christian".
    If 2 month ago you ask me a question like "What is the best things in your life?" my answer is "to know Jesus Christ"
    Jesus, I need him in my life I know that he is the best for me He have an amazing grace & love that he give to me every single day.
    BUT NOW I HAVE A DOUBT IN HIM. I feel like I betray him.
    I don't know what to do.
    What should I do ?
    I know jesus exist.
    But I can't answer my question that cause my doubt.
    "Is Jesus God like John said in John chapter 1 ? or john lie to me or bible is already edited by Christian like muslim said? "

Sorry for my English skill

Sent from a mobile device
  2. @Naphol Witaya
    Walking and believing in Jesus is a walk of faith in something that people cannot see with the natural eyes in our head:

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

As to books, this book or that book, I can tell you that the Bible is the one, but you must come to the place that you believe that. This also is by faith [belief] which comes from where?

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Rom 10:17

So then if the Bible is the Word of God or contains the Word of God, test it by reading it [hearing it] or if there is a good Christian believer available by hearing what that person says to you. You must step out on faith [even when you do not understand or even doubt God and His Son and the Bible] and go on from there. What you want to do is please God. He already loves you so even though you doubt or have little faith step out in what you have:

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Heb 11:6

So then also "diligently seek him". You doubts will be suppressed and your faith will be increased.

Also come to this forum and visit with people who have faith in God and in His Son, Jesus. This will encourage as you grow stronger in spite of those around you who will constantly raise question and possibly even rebuke you for your beliefs.

Give God the glory always!

Melissa Chan and Naphol Witaya like this.
  3. Thankyou for your reply
    I'll try to read a bible carefully again to have more understand & belief
    Thankyou so much !

amadeus2 likes this.
  4. Please do so and check in here again. I am certain that others will also have words of encouragement for you.

Naphol Witaya likes this.
  5. First @Naphol Witaya,
    Welcome to Talk Jesus.
    Next Brother Naphol.
    You are not the first or the last who has been "made" to question their faith. Faith in Jesus Christ, as your Savior.
    You should look to your own testimony first and foremost.
    You say that you came to Christ in Grade 5. How old were you? Were you repentant of your sins? Did you even know what sins were at that age? Did you know why Jesus died on the Cross? Did you understand and believe that Jesus arose on the third day?

I ask this, because many who come to Christ at such a tender age understand only so much. Many do not know the Gospel and so their faith is not upon firm ground.

This is necessary, because without it you can be easily be moved in questioning what you have felt to be true, but was not. Your belief in faith in Jesus Christ as your Savior who died on the Cross and arose again on the third day. Your testimony of your conversion is something that no body can take away from you. People can always come up with reasons not to believe, but no one can take away from me that night that the Holy Spirit brought me to my knees and to the Lord Jesus Christ in a little church in Germany, in December 19, 1979.

Since then things I have read, people I've talked to have made me question my faith, but then I remember that night! With the years, as I've grown in knowledge of His Word I have learned much that has put any of the fears where they belong and that is behind me. Just memories of my own ignorance and another example of the Devil's continuing work, deception be worked in the world.

You have come to this online Christian Community with the Hope of finding answers. Hopefully, your Brothers and Sisters in Christ Jesus can provide you with some guidance in how to grow to know your Jesus and His Word better, so that in prayer, you will ward off all the attacks of the enemy in whatever form they may present themselves to you.

Take a look around here. There are many good postings that are specific to what you have asked here. I truly pray that language won't be a hindrance to you knowing, and growing in the Lord.

Once again be welcome brother Naphol.
    With the Love of Christ Jesus.
    YBIC
    Nick
    <><

But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all generously and without reproach, and it will be given to him. James 1:5

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

amadeus2 likes this.
  6. @Christ4Ever
    when I was in grade 5 I was 11 years old.Now I'm 17 and I'm going to turn 18 next months.
    YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT
    when I was 11 years old I didn't know much about the gospel
    "Jesus died on the cross to paid my sin and he rose in the third day If I recieve him as my God & my savior he will give me a salvation" may be that's all I know about christianity when I was 11.But I started to "be serious" about Jesus 2-3 years ago.I started to truely understand what Jesus did it for me on the cross. About repentance yes, I did. I never have an idea of changing my life I don't want to change my self
    "I JUST HAPPY WITH SIN"
    but somehow I was changed.
    some how my thought about sin,world,love,jesus changed.
    and I'm glad that some how I was changed.I look back to my disgusting life and I thanks God that he change me.I think I repent when I seek jesus 2-3 years ago not when I was in grade 5. I'm really happy with my life (when I don't have all of that questions in my mind).
    Thanks for your reply&prayer
    I'll try to think about my testimony&life when I spend it with God.
    Thankyou :)

Christ4Ever likes this.