• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Need advice on what it means to be saved

Hello
I have to ask help from mature christian who can shed some light to my situation. I have been concerned lately on what kinda life God wants me to live.. And I dont really know the answer.... I have been trying to fix my focus on Jesus but it isnt working very well (by reading bible, praying and fasting). I have also trouple trusting in his grace and i think i should serve him and witness to people or else God doesnt like it.

But I yearn for just peace right now. So does anybody know any answer to this question what God wants from me...? I also feel very lonely and I am concerned of my salvation.

Somehow i fail to trust in God's grace with my heart and keep thinking these things and praying for God's acceptance for me and also reading from bible that God forgives all sins like a Father but I dont know if my salvation is secure if I cannot cope with whatever i need to do next or way I should live and practice my faith.

Help & prayers are apreciated.

thank you for reading!

Last edited:
Active
Brother Jari,If I may humbly comment.I can only speak for myself in this,I to wondered what the Lord would have me do? Like you I prayed and fasted,and yet,no response?? After a week or so of feeling pretty down, and lonely, thinking Jesus must have left me because I was not worth his time,when I thought so many much better then me could do what I wanted to do,why did Jesus ever need me??

I was in Church on a Sunday,a brother got a Word from the Lord,to be honest I did not start to pay to much attention,as why would God speak to me? The Pastor said" before you can do tasks in me,you must learn, how to. God showed Moses his ways but the people only his acts,why? because they would not learn,Moses would.If you will be willing to learn from me,that i really do love you,that I really do care for you,then you can do in my name as well.

I thought about this,and in prayer, I recieved this.Mark can you be a plummer,or a carpenter without first learning how best to use the tools given? Do not feel lonely, nor out of place in self,learn first,of me,then you will have the confidence to do in me.Humm

You mean I have to start at the beginning? This depends on what area of your life, you need the most. If believing you are forgiven is something you need to learn,then learn this,if prayer then learn this,whatever you need the most to learn to grow in me do so.Study to show yourself approved. 1 tim 4:16 says pay close attention to yourself,and to your teaching;perserve in these things( meaning know they are true to you!) for as you do this you will ensure salvation! both to yourself and for those who hear you!

All scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching,for reproff,for correction,for what?? amen training in righteousness,or right standing with our Jesus so that the man of God,( which you are) may be adequate,equipped for every good work!!( 2 Tim 3:16-17)

So I learned,I studied hard,I made sure not only what I believe,but why I believe it,no matter what others thought or said! Through much learning,am I today,I am what Jesus called me to be in him,as are you,but you have to believe this,and belief comes by learning as it did for me.

Now I can help build up another,because Jesus trained me in him to do this! Jesus can train you as well! My prayers are with you,have no fear of what is not in your control,but rather take control of what you can,you can learn even as I! amen!

Thank you bright that is a good advice. However i still have trouble finding peace.
So much negative thoughts going on and emotions...

Dear Jari,

You are trying to earn God's acceptance by reading the bible, praying, fasting.. etc. Though these things are important, but don't become legalistic that you start "earning" His acceptance this way. You don't need to impress God your Father, He loves you already.

Remember that, " by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast." (Eph 2:8-9)

Jari, you have been accepted already by God through Christ Jesus our LORD! (Eph 1:6) so much so that the LORD himself said, " I will never leave you nor forsake you" ( Heb 13:5).
So when you are faced with negative thoughts and emotions, cast those thoughts down! (2 Cor 10:5) and stand on these scriptures concerning you. For we do not walk by feelings but by faith.

God's desire is that you prosper always in Him, " Let the LORD be magnified, who has pleasure in the prosperity of His servant."
(Psalm 35:27)
He wants you to have peace in Him and so much more. Therefore He wants you to believe in Him, thats all the work He requires of you.( John 6:29) And you cannot please God unless you have faith in Him knowing that He is able to do everything ( Heb 11:6)

Lastly, to ensure that whether you are truly saved is by looking at Rom 10:9-10. Look carefully and ask yourself - "have I done this?"

Leaving you with John 16:33

God bless you!!
PRE

Last edited:
From lizabe

Dear Jari
So I finally got moved to give a piece of the puzzle to understanding SALVATION.

Salvation = Eternal Life & Restoration of some physical aspects of life.

It begins with repentance of our sins, followed by baptism in water [if available] and then receiving of the holy spirit WITHIN you. ACTS 2:38[/
With steadfast allegiance and obedience to Jesus Christ, you grow in the fruit of the holy spirit ][Galatians 5: 22-23].[
Once growth in the character of Christ abounds [I Timothy 4:8] goes into action and remains unto your end.

The chapter of[ St John 15: 1-20]may be helpful.

May the holy spirit give you the understanding that you NEED.

Yours in Christ
Lizabe

Last edited:
Thank you all for the replies. Very interesting.

Im still trying to understand what Lizabe said. thx Lizabe. :)

Thank you all for the replies. Very interesting.

Im still trying to understand what Lizabe said. thx Lizabe. :)
Dear Jari
It is part of the answer that you are looking for. The Holy Spirit will put it all together for you to truly understand salvation as YOU personally need to.
Lizabe

Hello
I have to ask help from mature christian who can shed some light to my situation. I have been concerned lately on what kinda life God wants me to live.. And I dont really know the answer.... I have been trying to fix my focus on Jesus but it isnt working very well (by reading bible, praying and fasting). I have also trouple trusting in his grace and i think i should serve him and witness to people or else God doesnt like it.

But I yearn for just peace right now. So does anybody know any answer to this question what God wants from me...? I also feel very lonely and I am concerned of my salvation.

Somehow i fail to trust in God's grace with my heart and keep thinking these things and praying for God's acceptance for me and also reading from bible that God forgives all sins like a Father but I dont know if my salvation is secure if I cannot cope with whatever i need to do next or way I should live and practice my faith.

Help & prayers are apreciated.

thank you for reading!

Jari,

Have you received the Holy Spirit ? And how did you know that you had ? Because when I received the Holy Spirit I spoke in tongues. Without the Spirit you cannot conquer the world.

Jari,

Have you received the Holy Spirit ? And how did you know that you had ? Because when I received the Holy Spirit I spoke in tongues. Without the Spirit you cannot conquer the world.

Yes....

conquer the world? Not sure what you mean.

Active
Brother Jari,as to negative thoughts. I know of no one,who does not have them. Having them is not the problem,we all have them,it is what you do with them the matters. I have thought long on hard on this,with much prayer,that is why I have not answered this part of your question until now.

If you are in a room with a fly buzzing around you,this fly does not bother you,unless it gets in the way of you eating,if it lands on your T.V. screen, or on something you are holding or doing. At times you may wave this fly away,but after a few days of this you may grow tired of this fly, and end this annoyance by killing the fly.

How you decide to remove this problem is up to you. Since we know in Jesus that the room he has given us,is his freedom for us,he wants us to be free. The renewing of our mind takes time to learn,it takes time to understand how best in Jesus, to do this for our own self.

We have something or put up with something for as long as we choose to do this. You are a smart man,you know the Word,but this knowledge does no good for any of us unless we apply it to our situation. Some choose to leave the room,this helps for a time,the problem I have found is that by doing this,another fly or negative thought comes buzzing around us again.

Now we are in a different room, but still have the very same problem! To end this problem brother Jari,we have to kill the fly,there is no other way. Jesus gave us his Word to do just that.It requires us though to trust in his Word,in order to render this fly helpless against us! Just today in prayer I asked the Lord to do what he did to Moses on the mountain,give me his mind,I reminded Jesus that he said if you ask anything in my name I will do it! So I expect this now.

But when? Yestersday is far to late for me.I want his mind right now! I should be able to recieve this according to his Word,so why haven't I?? Before we eat some food, we must prepare it, meat must be cooked first before we consume it. I am in the kitchen,I am preparing. In everything in Christ,we must always DO something.

For Moses he had to climb a mountain,we are doing just that my brother,during this,thoughts of every nature attack us,I am sure they did Moses as well.The difference between us and results is how far we climb. Do we go all the way? Or because of bad thoughts, do we give up? 1Peter 1:6 say In this your greatly rejoice( not in fact!! we are not to joyful at the time) but rather in Faith, through our Jesus.

Even though now,(which of course means our present situation) if necessary, you have been distressed by various trials,(Trials does not have to be something we physcialy are going though,they can be negative thoughts as well!Is this not a trial?Sure it is! then verse 7, the reason we do this. I cannot speak for you,nor will I, I will speak for myself in this.I need proff of my own Faith!

That is why we climb all the way to the top,we let no negitive thoughts stop us,we let no mountain stand before us.WHY?? because my brother I have to know!! As you have so often said by grace are you saved through Faith and that not of ourselves, it is a gift of God lest any man should ever boast!( eph 2:8)

If we recieve this grace in Jesus freely which he has given to us,then we recieve his salvation through him,and since we do,then why would we not work hard to get to who gave this gift to us to thank him personal? That is why we climb. To offer ourselves as a living sacrifice unto our Lord.

On the way to him sure negative thoughts come,Jesus used the Word against the enemy in matt 4. true Jesus saw the devil,but are not evil thoughts the devil as well? Who tells you ,you cannot live for Jesus? Who tells you, you are to weak to make it? who tells you just forget it,and climb back off the mountain? NOT GOD!!

Since Jesus has given you his wisdom,why do you look to self to overcome this? We cannot. The Word which is and who Jesus is only can. But we have to prepare ourselves to dish it out to eat,to partake of,yes to become full of his Word. And when we are full,we have the strength to continue our climb to All Mighty God,to thank him,to offer ourselves unto him.May this help you understand,and may our Jesus continue to bless you,even as you have blessed all of us jari!! amen!

Now we are in a different room, but still have the very same problem! To end this problem brother Jari,we have to kill the fly,there is no other way. Jesus gave us his Word to do just that.It requires us though to trust in his Word,in order to render this fly helpless against us! Just today in prayer I asked the Lord to do what he did to Moses on the mountain,give me his mind,I reminded Jesus that he said if you ask anything in my name I will do it! So I expect this now.

Well thats easier said than done. :)
But I thought you believe salvation can be lost? So I dont quite understand how can I believe that and have no doupt? Doesnt that theory give lot of doupt?

Active
Brother jari, remember doubting Thomas?( john 20:24-29!) He doubted,as we all have done! Yet, did this doubt turn Thomas to unbelief? Did not Moses a well? he spoke but did what?? Exodus 14:15!! God had to tell Moses to go forward. Jesus choose to show Thomas,so he would not doubt. Then spoke words of truth to him concerning this.

Yes you are right,all things are possible for those who believe( Luke 1:37) and for those who do not believe as well.( hebrews 6:4-6 For these do not ever wish to come back,nor believe. Like Judas, can betray! Who stopped him? Easier said then done? Salvation is first spoken by us ,is it not? Then done.

We live what we speak if we truly believe what we speak. I judge no one except me in what I speak. Here is a difference we all have seen! Someone tells you they will talk with you or meet with you tomorrow,but do not. You say you will meet with another tomorrow and you do.Who's words have more truth to them? For me, I judge truth by what is done,not only what is spoken.

For good fruits bear witness to others,even as bad fruit does as well.Doubt can lead to a moment in pause for us,or it take away all truth from us,if we allow this. Judas allowed all truth, being Christ,to be taken away from him,because he choose this.So it is with us.

THx bro but i dont think u see the issue. The thing is I dont believe.
Sure I believe in God and that Jesus is saviour. But what does it require of me to be saved?
thats the big question.

Active
Ic you are saying you do not believe you are saved? What is believing to you? Is believing saying you believe,but ones life does not measure themselves by there own words? Or is believing doing the very best we can,with the knowledge we have in Jesus?

Many say they are saved,many believe Jesus sends no one to hell! We who know the truth and are set free by this know Matt 7:13-29 In the end brother jari, here is what we really do know for sure about our own salvation! 1. Nothing we have ever done deserves us being saved.2. If we say we believe but have no fruit of these,we make ourselfs a liar and the truth,or God's Word is not in us. 3. Jesus through his blood,and by his great mercy,and by his unbelievable love for us,saves us through his dear Son Jesus.

So would you then say we are being saved daily in Christ then? true! because fact salvation only can take place at our end. For now,like in everything Jesus taught us,we must take him,by his Word,this requires faith, the same faith you have to believe that Jesus and his Word can abide within each of us. John 14:23-26

The whole reason we have Holy Spirit, or God,or Jesus 3in 1 living inside each of us!The external Jesus becomes our indwelling, for HE!! is our helper! Colossians 1:26-29 verse 27 Christ!!! IN YOU!! If this were not so my brother,Jesus would never have told us so!! amen!I hope this helps in increasing your faith!! amen!

I still dont understand what it means to be saved. I believe i was saved but I also read from bible that you can loose your salvation so I think im not saved anymore and I dont know how to become saved again.. Thats how I feel. I dont know what the truth is.

Active
As brother RJ and I disagree as to salvation,he believes it is given and can not be lost,I believe it can be.I respect his opinion, on this,I was in prayer for much of the night last night,here is what Holy Spirit told me about salvation.

Salvation is like having a house,it is your house,I sure agree with RJ that salvation is granted to those who truly believe in it.( I only question what kind of belief?? I do not judge anyone in this but me!)

A house from the outside may be large or small, it is not the size that matters,but what does matter is what is inside ones house when you walk in. Is our house filled with what pertains to the outside of our house? OR is the inside of the house things hidden to others,because of our mask we wear?

When we step inside our own house,and invite no one else inside,this is the telling tale of just how much we really truly believe to me.We are hidden from others inside our house,this is our comfort from the outside world,it is our safe place to us. In Christ as a believer, we have no fear of opening our door,we have no problem having our windows open to others,because we know what we believe,and why we believe what we do.

When Jesus Christ came into our life,and we let him move in us through Holy Spirit,we allowed Jesus to clean up darkness inside our home,we know we have done this,as we have no fear of anyone that wishes to come and look at our fruit,or our life.

The very point of love,is the very nature of our Jesus,and if we hold to this,us in him. We know we have passed from death unto life when!! we love the brethren ( 1 John 3:14) HE meaning ALL!! who does not abide in love abides in death. Please notice there is no lukewarm in this passage.( rev 3:16) John 5:22-24 You have eternal life, but there is a condition to this!! You shall be judged on what love you do,or do not have.

I do not believe for one second eternal life is a given,I also agree with what RJ said,no works we can ever do,can save us either!! I only say this,with love, which we all know covers a multitude of sins!( 1 Peter 4:8) The more love we have for one another the less judgment we ourselves will face.This is written in the Word.

How we live our life tells us, and others to me what we really believe and hold on to. For if a man beats another man,and then repents, and believe he cannot lose his salvation,does he go and beat another man? rom 6:1-23 Notice something here please,if we believe,we show this,we do something because we do believe,saying I believe is not enough,for words mean little, when action shows our true self.

In a nutshell,we have eternal life,as we love,and do our very best to keep that nature of our Jesus,Jesus did not only talk about dieing to self,he died, on the cross,and expects us to follow after him!

To follow does not mean to say I believe you Lord!! And do nothing.To believe is to follow Jesus all the way to the same cross we came to in the first place. John 13:34-35 verse 35!!BY DOING!! this!! all men will know you are MY disciples IF!!!!!! meaning you have to do something,IF!! you also have love for another. To me follow means just that. What is truth? A man who tells you I will follow you and stands there,or the man who tells you I will follow you and does? You judge,I have for myself in this.Blessing to you!

Thank you Brother brighthouse.

Odly bible says who is born of Him DOES love, like you pointed out from 1 John 3:14. So why does it leave it as condition?

Active

RJ

In reponse to your question please look at the new topic called:
"Can A Saved Person Ever Become Unsaved".