• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community.

Join over 10,000 members today

Register Log In

• Hi Guest!

I've added a brand new "Night Mode" option to our site design. I'd greatly appreciate your vote on this poll here.

To switch to or from Light / Night mode simply click on Site Menu icon on top and on the dropdown choose "Switch to Night Mode" or "Switch to Light Mode"

Thank you.

NDE's (near death experiences)?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal Member
The visited a secular book store a few days ago. They did have a "Christian books" section with a few Bibles.
It seems that book stores and libraries are becoming more and more scare these days. Everything is on the internet.

Still, I was surprised about the number of books claiming to be about people who died and then returned to life.
While we know a few things about the new Jerusalem, heaven itself remains much of a mystery.

When Paul was in Paradise, he said there were words (sounds?) there that a man is not permitted to speak of.

2 Cor 12:4; was caught up into Paradise and heard inexpressible words, which a man is not permitted to speak.

hen John was having the vision of Revelation, (much of this seemingly in heaven) he was told not to write down certain things.

Rev 10:4; When the seven thunders spoke, I was about to write. But I heard a voice from heaven saying, “Keep secret what the seven thunders said, and do not write it down.”

I have a read a few books like "The Shack", that I personally felt had just a lot of junk in them.

There is some debate about whether in Lazarus (with the rich man in Sheol) was actually Lazarus, Mary Magdalene's brother that died and was raised from the dead by Jesus.

But in any case, even that story doesn't really say anything about heaven. In fact God, the throne, and the lamb aren't mentioned anywhere in that story.

There is another thread I recently started here, about the "last day" resurrection, and do we immediately go to heaven. So far no one has replied to it.

But the point of all this is to say, has anyone ever really been to heaven? When people die now do they immediately go to heaven?

If the answer to either one (or both) of those questions is no... then all those books about what heaven is like are really just man made lies.

The other thing that strikes me about these books, is that it is funny no two of them give the same description of heaven, and certainly not the description the Bible seems to give.

Loyal Member
One of the other things that strikes me about these books, is that there seems to be no awe or respect for the majesty of God.
It seems that whenever people in the Bible try to describe being in His presence, there is always a fearful respect and awe.

Rev 1:14; His head and His hair were white like white wool, like snow; and His eyes were like a flame of fire.
Rev 1:15; His feet were like burnished bronze, when it has been made to glow in a furnace, and His voice was like the sound of many waters.
Rev 1:16; In His right hand He held seven stars, and out of His mouth came a sharp two-edged sword; and His face was like the sun shining in its strength.
Rev 1:17; When I saw Him, I fell at His feet like a dead man. And He placed His right hand on me, saying, [COLOR=rgb(209, 72, 65)]"Do not be afraid; I am the first and the last,
Rev 1:18; and the living One; and I was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore, and I have the keys of death and of Hades. [/COLOR]

Isa 6:1; In the year of King Uzziah's death I saw the Lord sitting on a throne, lofty and exalted, with the train of His robe filling the temple.
Isa 6:2; Seraphim stood above Him, each having six wings: with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew.
Isa 6:3; And one called out to another and said, "Holy, Holy, Holy, is the LORD of hosts, The whole earth is full of His glory."
Isa 6:4; And the foundations of the thresholds trembled at the voice of him who called out, while the temple was filling with smoke.
Isa 6:5; Then I said, "Woe is me, for I am ruined! Because I am a man of unclean lips, And I live among a people of unclean lips; For my eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts."

Exod 3:6; He said also, "I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob." Then Moses hid his face, for he was afraid to look at God.

Loyal Member
Go to yourtube there are thousands upon thousands claiming all kinds of NDE. Some say they sat on Gods lap and stared in his eyes.

I always wondered about there stories in light of what Paul said that it was not allowed to talk about.