• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Narrow is the Gate

Loyal
Matt 7:13; "Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
Matt 7:14; "For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

It seems to be a fad on talk shows lately that God loves everyone. It doesn't seem to matter if you are a "Christian" or not. As both Oprah and Ellen Degeneres put it... "there are many ways to heaven".

Jesus says there are two gates. One gate is "narrow". The other gate is "wide" and "broad".
One gate leads to destruction, one gate leads to life. Jesus says "many" will enter the wide gate.
Only a "few" will enter the narrow gate.

How many is a "few"? I'm not sure but even if it was only 10% of the earth's population, that would be 700 million people.

Luke 13:23; And someone said to Him, "Lord, are there just a few who are being saved?" And He said to them,
Luke 13:24; "Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.
Luke 13:25; "Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, 'Lord, open up to us!' then He will answer and say to you, 'I do not know where you are from.'
Luke 13:26; "Then you will begin to say, 'We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets';
Luke 13:27; and He will say, 'I tell you, I do not know where you are from; DEPART FROM ME, ALL YOU EVILDOERS.'
Luke 13:28; "In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, but yourselves being thrown out.

This time Jesus uses slightly different wording... the narrow "door". Jesus says "Many" will seek to enter, but will
not be able to. Jesus says to "strive" to enter through the narrow door. Striving takes effort on our part.
Many seem to think if we just lie on the floor in the right spot... the gate will just fall on us.

Jesus says these people say they "ate and drank" in His presence. It seems they even practiced communion.
These people tell Jesus.. "you taught in our streets". It's interesting they think Jesus is on their streets
because someone is teaching something about Jesus.... but it wasn't really Jesus. In fact He says... I don't
know where you are from. If Jesus came to your "street". He would know where you are from.

There are some "Christian" denominations that believe you can get saved after you die. But Jesus says,
once the door is shut... some people will be standing outside banging on the door.... They will be asking
Him to open the door. But it will be too late.

Heb 9:27; And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

Once we die, then comes the judgment. There is no changing your decisions or directions after this happens.

Luke 16:28; for I have five brothers—in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'

The rich man in hades didn't get a second chance. Once you die, the die is cast.

John 10:7; So Jesus said to them again, "Truly, truly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep.
John 10:8; "All who came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them.
John 10:9; "I am the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

John 14:6; Jesus *said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Loyal
Acts 4:12; "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved."