• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Mystery of Godliness - 2nd Edition

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

MYSTERY OFG0DLINESS
2nd Edition

As we studied in the 1st lesson that God is a spirit, (John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.) I wonder why we refer to him as the 1st person of the Godhead. (Oxford dictionary describes a person-a HUMAN BEING or an
INDIVIDUAL’S BODY.) If we begin to analyze the scripture below, we need to find the formula to solve this mystery.
(1Jo 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.) This scripture was not in the original manuscript, but it is extensively used
in the discussions of the Godhead. So we will leave it in this study
Col 2:9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. (Reading this scripture we can
understand that Jesus is the only one that has a body or the only one that is a person. He
was not a spirit.
GODHEAD
(THE MEANING OF THE WORD GODHEAD ACCORDING TO WEBSTER AND OXFORD DICTIONARY IS- - - - THE DIVINE ESSENCE- - - THE DIVINE NATURE
THE DIVINE ATTRIBUTES THE SUPREME DEITY.

My conclusion is that the complete operation and events of the Supreme Deity is the
meaning if the word GODHEAD

The 1st event in the existence of men is that God created the heaven and the earth. A place for man to live.

Ge 1:1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
Isa 44:24Thus saith the LORD, thy redeemer, and he that formed thee from the womb, I am the LORD that maketh all things; that stretcheth forth the heavens alone; that spreadeth
abroad the earth by myself.
Isa 45:5 ¶ I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me
Isa 43:11
I, even I, am the LORD; and beside me there is no savior.

Isa 43:12
I have declared, and have saved, and I have shewed, when there was no strange god
among you: therefore ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, that I am God.

Isa 44:6
Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first,
and I am the last; and beside me there is no God.

In eternity God is an invisible spirit without flesh and bones who alone created the heaven
and the earth. Read these scriptures Isa 37:16 Job 9:8 Isa 44:8
Deut. 32:39 Isa 42:8 Isa 45:21 Deut 4:35 Hosea 13:4
We see by these scriptures written by servants as his spirit led them that God did all things alone, without any help. Genesis 1:26 is used often to explain the three God concept but I wonder to whom he was speaking. Isa 6:8 God ask the question “who will go for us”. The first 3 verses describes a vision that Isaiah could see. He saw a throne with the Lord sitting on it and he also saw the seraphims
worshiping the Lord. To whom did he ask the question?

Another great event in the operation of God concerning man was written by the beloved Apostle John. Remember we are still trying to unravel the mystery surrounding the operation of God. If we study as the bible directs in 2 Timothy 2:15 we can solve some of the mystery.

(Joh 1:1¶ In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Joh 1:14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.) We know that John was speaking of the birth of Jesus in these scriptures.

Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Mt. 1:23 Immanuel is interpreted as God with us.

Isa 9:6
For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The
Prince of Peace.
Notice that Isaiah prophesied that the government would be on his shoulders. All things pertaining to mankind would be committed unto our Lord. He will be called the mighty God - The everlasting Father.

(Isa 42:8 I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.) By this scripture God will never give his Glory, Majesty
or Power to anyone. Yet when Christ began his Ministry he was able to forgive sin, Rebuke and cast out demons. Heal all manor of sickness and open blind eyes. Raise the dead and a multitude
of things. Is the Bible contradictory? I don’t think so, but we still need to find the formula for solving the problem.

Mt 19:26 But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Phillip asked Jesus to show them the father in the 14 chapter of John and Jesus answered with the below listed scripture but remember this scripture first (John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.)

Joh 14:9Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Our Lord verified here that if you see him you see the father. No man has seen God at anytime is scriptural fact John 1:18 but the scripture below lists the only way we will be able to see him.

Jesus made known to the disciples here that he was the father. A scripture in 2 Corinth. 5:19 “God
was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself”etc.” sheds some light on how he could declare
himself as the father. What if Christ was born into the world to be the temple for God to dwell in
and in fulfilling his mission on earth has now become God that we will be able to see in heaven. Jesus has taken on a heavenly form and we will become as he is in heaven. 1Jo 3:2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we
shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.

We know that Christ was a man (flesh and blood). John 1:18 No man hath seen God at anytime.
If Christ being a man, no man hath seen God, how could he declare God except he was the temple that God dwelled in.

1Sa 8:5 And said unto him, Behold, thou art old, and thy sons walk not in thy ways: now make us a king to judge us like all the nations.

1Sa 8:6 But the thing displeased Samuel, when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed unto the LORD.

1Sa 8:7 And the LORD said unto Samuel, Hearken unto the voice of the people in all that they say unto thee: for they have not rejected thee, but they have rejected me, that I should not reign over them.

God let the people have a king they could see and Judge them. When David, the man after Gods own heart was placed on the throne, the Royal linage was established in the tribe of Judah and the final King to be born was God, dwelling in Christ.

To the servants of the Lord I wish for you to know that I am in no way questioning you belief or doctrine. Nor am I trying to change you in any way. This is maybe a different concept and a base for a different study. In eternity I feel that Jesus will be our Lord, our King and our God and we will be able to look upon him.