• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

my wife was given to me as a gift from God literally.

I was single, and not really looking for a wife or even a friend. I really didn't have time to look, and wasn't even in a church---just a home bible study. I was caught up in Evangelism with a passion.

Somehow knew within that I needed a mate---you know a help meet. I had plenty of love to spare to give away.
Well one day while sharing Jesus in my neighborhood, A fellow around my age got out of his car with two girls. They were going into the store, but I stopped them to share Jesus. They all were born again believers and were out inviting people to come to their church for a hay ride.

1. they were 20 or more miles from their church
2. Others were inviting a young lady in that church area to go on the hay ride also.

We didn't meet on the hay ride but we did go to the youth meetings and then met. A anointing came over me one night letting me know that gal would be special in my life. We were so perfect for a match, even were raised by a alcoholic father.

Absolutely Awesome brodav9. You know when you know God has his fingers in the pie. I am wrapped for you. I totally understand that my better half was a gift from God. May your life and future be enriched with the Love of God and for each other. As each year passes may you come to know your wife more intimately and be enriched with Love knowing God matched you together. How awesome is that. Praise God.

thank you for your very kind words, and may God bless you wonderfully.

This is a good subject that I desire to bless others with my experience of 37 years of marriage. it all started when God put us together.

I must say I always longed for a good woman. God knew who she would be. I have learned a special lesson in life which causes the marriage to always work from my side. There are times when my wife and I disagree, and there are times of moods. The thing that is difficult from God is still the thing that works. One must go to the cross and crucify the self. Gal. 2:20. Though it humbles me, ----it works---- When my self dies to the situation---my cross, God works it all out. He actually turns my wife in her heart to think the opposite direction. You would have to see it to appreciate what God does in her heart. She could say no and a moment later say yes.

Back to the key God gave me. Once you are pressed to be fed up about something, always enter into thankful mode. I wrote a children's song about it. called mama loved me. it is about my reviewing how she, washed my cloths, cooked my meals, shopped groceries, cared for the rest of the family etc. When you are thankful it is easier to see the positive side of her ---or him, He works, cuts grass, etc. That one moment of downs is overcome by ups of thankfulness. When a mate is stubborn and does bad things, only salvation will fix that. Better be sure the partner is saved if you are a Christian.

Sex is a marvelous thing but it is only a part of marriage. To have children, which are a gift from God, are a big responsibility. The world is wrapped up in self and pleasure. They are really looking for love and joy. If we have that love and joy they will know where to find it.

The word of God shows us to excel in our gifts and talents, God gave us. This is personal but it is to show what setting goals means.

I have declared over myself by faith, to be, king of encouragement, and one of the greatest gospel talents of all time. It I know will be impossible
to do this myself. God enables us to arrive at goals set by faith. To remain humble I won't answer the question as to whether I'm there or not.

The first place a woman of youth will be very important is how her parents raise her. She can adjust as to removing faults of raising her in the Lord.
but she must have some good things planted in her. To be successful she must get the love of the world out of her heart. it is the same for the fellows.

Here is wisdom. a fireman shouldn't be standing there petting a dog while the house is burning down. A Christian shouldn't be getting into the things of the world without having a bible perspective concerning all those things. Conscience helps, but scripture shows us ethically that if it harms the body we should abstain from it. If a person has a baby out of wedlock, it harms the baby if they don't take care of it. Natural wisdom, is not always bible wisdom. we need bible wisdom to help us live with another person to be well pleasing to God. -----later----

Loyal
"Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD." Prov 18:22

That's beautiful. My wife was given to me by God, as well. I was walking in rebellion, and dating woman after woman outside of marriage. Each one was crazier than the last. Finally, after unhinging from the last one, I cried out to God to bring me the perfect wife. I basically recognized I had no idea what I was doing when looking for a mate.

Within 24 hours my future wife contacted me randomly through the internet. It was when AOL was really big. She searched through profiles regionally, looking for hobbies and traits she wanted in a mate and found me. It's been 13 years since then, and I thank the LORD so much.

Loyal
That's beautiful. My wife was given to me by God, as well. I was walking in rebellion, and dating woman after woman outside of marriage. Each one was crazier than the last. Finally, after unhinging from the last one, I cried out to God to bring me the perfect wife. I basically recognized I had no idea what I was doing when looking for a mate.

Within 24 hours my future wife contacted me randomly through the internet. It was when AOL was really big. She searched through profiles regionally, looking for hobbies and traits she wanted in a mate and found me. It's been 13 years since then, and I thank the LORD so much.

Anyone who thinks that a woman cannot be used of God hasn't read your testimony.

This post made me smile. My boyfriend and I have been dating for over 3 years now, and we talk of marriage and the future, knowing that we both don't date 'casually' as many do. To hear a marriage honoring God and that both love eachother deeply makes me have hope despite the 50% divorce rate in America. Thank you for blessing us with the story of your marriage!

Loyal
This post made me smile. My boyfriend and I have been dating for over 3 years now, and we talk of marriage and the future, knowing that we both don't date 'casually' as many do. To hear a marriage honoring God and that both love eachother deeply makes me have hope despite the 50% divorce rate in America. Thank you for blessing us with the story of your marriage!
Believe me when I say that the beginning of our marriage was extremely rocky. Both of us loved our children and until 1976 that was the thread [the children] that held the marriage together. The thread was stretching however and was about to finally break when we gave God a chance in our lives. He saved us both and thereby saved our marriage. This year it will be our 41st anniversary. There have been a lot of bumps in the road, but the marriage has never again been in serious danger. Give God the glory.

Amen to this post ...the word says a man that finds a wife finds favor with God..been married to my blessing for 16 yrs now ...I proposed after 30 days of knowing her and seeing her heart before God ....6 kids and 9 grands later life is better than ever . My God reigns ...! Rev