• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

My Warrior is a Child

My step-sister is one of the strongest people I know. She has a 17 month old baby girl who was born pre-mature. 2lbs and 3oz. She was taken out of my sister because doctors thought she wasn't going to live. She was born with one leg about 6 inches shorter than the other. The baby's name is Trinity, but we all call her peanut. There are a lot of medical responsibilities with trinity. She's not handicapped mentally, but physically with her leg.
Well, Amber(sister) does everything in the world for that baby, and love's her dearly. She drives all the way to Ohio for a doctor's appointment. She takes care of her all day long while going to school to further her education.
A true warrior in my eyes because she never gave up on trinity when she could have.

One of my favorite songs is "A Warrior is a Child", and I listen to it all the time. I thought it reminded me of me. The chorus is
"They don't know that I go running home when I fall down.
They dont know who picks me up when no one is around.
I drop my sword and cry for just a while.
Cause deep inside this armour
A Warrior is a Child."

A blessed song.

Amber came to my house last night crying out of her mind, hypervenallating, and screaming "she can't take it anymore." She cried and cried and I wanted so badly to comfort her pains, and hug her and pray for her. I didn't though. I did pray for her of course!
I thought of this song, because she has done it all for trinity, and she's stayed strong throughout the whole thing, and she thinks that because she can't handle it she's a bad mother.

She is far from that, and I love her dearly, and I told her that many given the same situation would have given their child up for adoption. She didn't and she is so strong!

She came running home cause she fell down, but we picked her back up, and she kept on going.

Like a true warrior.

God Bless you !!! . The Warrior Is A Child is a very good song . I am happy that God had a laborer in her path . :thumbs_up :love: :boy_hug: Mike

Thank you for all of your prayers, I hope you continue to pray for her. I have sent her an e-mail talking to her and sharing my heart with her, but I do not think she has got it yet because she came over today and didn't say n e thing.

:love: :shade: :love:

Your step sister sounds like an amazing woman and God chose her to be the mother of that baby. Do support her and encourage her, lift her up daily! I will be praying for her. You should tell her she is a beautiful testimony to others, not to doubt herself!

Administrator
Staff Member
Beautiful story thank you for sharing. Amy is definitely a true warrior and a REAL mother right there. Amen and God bless her for that!

I got this in an e-mail from my sister a minute ago, and I would greatly appreciate it if any of you could help me on what to say to her.

Thank you
God Bless

I think that is the sweetest email or letter anyone has ever sent to me!! It made me cry again. I feel like when I left that night you were the only one who cared. You were the only one who gave me a hug. I know that mom is under some stress right now and she is doing all she can to help Becky. I feel like she has turned her back on me, like she don't care. Trinity is my responsibility and I don't expect mom or anyone to raise her, she is mine. But I am still mom's child and I need her more then I have ever needed her. It is hard to be a new mother. I love Trinity more then anything and I would never do anything to hurt her. I feel like such a bad mom because I am getting to where I am kind of mean to her. When I say mean, I mean like not wanting her to climb or set on me. When she screams and cry's I scream back at her. I don't put her leg on her anymore because I can't stand to listen to her cry. I also keep having these bad thoughts about myself and Trinity. I am her mother and if I were a good mother then why do I think and feel the way I do??????? I know that you cannot answer my questions, but no one else wants to hear it. But if I don't get to talk to someone I am just going to lose it.
I love you and thank you for letting me know that you are there for me.

I will be praying for you and your family. What a blessing you are to have!!!! Sometimes in life we need to hold other people up to stop them from drowning and that is what you are doing now for your sister!! May they Lord pour just an extra amount of blessing on you !!! God BLess you!!!!!

Inrobar, is your step sister a believer? Talk about how God only gives us as much as we can bear. 1 Cor. 10:13
Also talk to her about how God has plans for our lives and things can happen so we learn to lean on Him for the answers.
What about her husband? Is he helpful with the baby?

No my sister is not saved. I believe she want's to be with all her heart, but I think she wants her husband there too. He is not saved either. He helps somewhat with Trinity, but not a whole lot because Amber is the only one she clings to the most out of the two of them.
I have invited her to church with me several times and she did come when Trinity was really small. She said she liked it, but I don't ask anymore cause she's too busy, or Trinity isn't home and they have to wait on her to be brought back.
But every now and then I will bring it up and ask her!
I love her, and I want to give her the right answer, but God is the only one who will give her the answer she's looking for, and I cannot give it to her or get it for her. It's her time to do a little searching. She'll find it!