• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

My Song, My Strength

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
But I will sing of Your power; Yes, I will sing aloud of Your mercy in the morning; For You have been my defense And refuge in the day of my trouble. To You, O my Strength, I will sing praises; For God [is] my defense, My God of mercy. Psalm 59:16-17

The first song recorded in scripture is the Song of Moses and Miriam in Exodus 1. It was a song of praise and thanks to God for rescuing the Israelites from the Egyptian army. The entire assembly sang it together. Many years later in the Promised Land, Judges 5 records the song of another duo, Deborah and Barak. They praised God for His power and faithfulness after defeating a Canaanite king.

Then, of course, there's King David, whose musical talents are on record in the book of Psalms. And though we don't have them today, according to 1 Kings 4:32, David's son, Solomon, wrote 1,005 songs.

Paul admonishes you to "be filled with the Spirit, speaking to one another with psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit. Sing and make music from your heart" (Ephesians 5:18-19). Don't worry how you sound. Embrace the power of singing praises to the One who loves to listen.

Prayer: Lord, You are my song and my strength! You are worthy to be praised! I will sing of Your love and faithfulness!