• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

my semi brief/long testimony

So I'll just tell you the long story of how it came to happen. I grew up in a very broken home. My mother was addicted to alcohol and drugs. My dad is very abusive (He has been physical) mostly emotionally. I've never heard my dad ever in my life tell me he loves me. I've walked in on my mother trying to kill herself twice. Shortly after she ended up getting sick and having to go to the hospital. We never really had a relationship until she got sick. She passed away and I took it very hard. I began taking pills at 11 (maybe 12)yrs old. I would take them till I passed out. Sometimes woke up in the hospital. Eventually when I made it into high school I had calmed down a lot. I met a boy who I dated for 4 years. He was in and out of jail all the time, involved in gangs and violence. Use to take all kinds of drugs. Eventually I discovered and tried weed for the first time in 10th grade and from then I started getting into trouble. I started skipping school to the point I was kicked out of 3 schools for bad attendance. I then started to plan my days around smoking weed and getting high. I got so high once on my way home from my friends house around 1 am I fell asleep behind the wheel rolled my car 8 times and walked away without a scratch. Eventually weed wasn't working anymore for me and I moved onto cocaine. I was already into drinking at this point. So the first time i tried cocaine I was hooked. It was awesome. I then started to take cocaine when I was drinking and the more cocaine the more alcohol I could consume. It began to take over my life. If I wasn't high I was drunk. I then started to stop using cocaine and just started to drink my life away. Everyday day, before work, at work, after work, weekends, holidays, any opportunity I took it. Well I had a new boyfriend at this time who grew up in the church and then eventually I met his family. They would then start talking to me about God the more they got to know me and what stuff I was into.

It eventually got to the point where I would argue with them about science and evolution or whatever else I could think of. So one night after a weekend with my friends (slowly making my way back into drugs ie. cocaine, household cleaners etc.) I was sitting in my room and had this powerful I cant even explain to you what it was to just throw out all my alcohol. So I had maybe 5 or 6 bottles some not even opened others half full. I never told anyone, not one person that I was planning on taking it easy on drinking for a while this was May 23 2014 and the next day I picked up a bible and started reading and I first went to Genesis and it was like everything I was reading was just making sense and connecting with me. Almost instantly. I then moved onto reading Matthew and by this point I was convinced.

Again I never told any of my friends and not a single person messaged me, called me, came over or spoke to me after the night I poured out all of my alcohol. I didn't get a message from any of them until NYE. I went out for the first time in 7 months to a bar and I was SOOO bored. Now I'm a huge believer In Jesus and I go to church. I've been 13 months sober from that night forward. My life is completely different. Just like the bible says the old me is washed away and I'm a new creature in Christ. I've been Baptized and everything. Glory to God he is truly AMAZING

Staff Member
Alleluia! Awesome testimony!
I am so happy you have shared it!
YBIC
C4E
<><
Matthew 11:28-30 Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.

Administrator
Staff Member
Powerful testimony! That is awesome thank you for sharing. Proof of GOD's grace, love, faithfulness towards us.

Active

RJ

You are living proof of the power of God. Read Romans 7 and see how Paul said he struggled and what he said was the outcome in Romans 8:1. You have been saved and remember if you have any struggle in the future with anything , Christ is there, take your problems to him! Congratulations and God Bless your future spiritual growth!

Loyal
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.
Prov 3:5-6
The Lord be with you and bless you sister! Glad for the path you have chosen, you will have no regrets with God, sometimes with man, but never with God.

Active
God is indeed amazing and He can deliver us from anything! Thank you for sharing this powerful testimony. I'm SO happy for you!

Brought me to tears, I am so happy for you!

"As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD's word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him." -Psalm 18:30