• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

my famiy

I have been caring for my 3 year grandson for 8 months,my daughter gave her life august 06 yet she has gone her own path taking drugs and making know effort to care for her son.I take all my worries in prayer and i know the lord will never leave me through this trial as i call it,but i,m not sure i,m doing right most of the time.i can only do my best.I have not attended church for a while as our paster is leaving so i feel alone.

Hello Pinkangel,

It is a pleasure meeting you. You are right when you say that the only thing we can do is do our best and pray for our children. But don't exclude yourself from the fellowship of other believers. We need each other to encourage and lift up in difficult times.

I wish there was more I can say. Use this time to rest in Jesus and He will take care of the rest. This is the difficult part, isn't it - letting go of our children and trust them in Jesus' care. I will keep you in my prayers my dear friend. Send me a Private Message any time if you need to talk. God bless you.

Love,
Snowrose

I think the Lord wants you to take care of your grandson, and that's why he's safe with you. I will keep praying for you. And remember you're never alone. God never forgets anyone, and he worries about your daughter. They are lucky to have you. God Bless!

My prayer for you, your daughter, & your grandson

"The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto, and be gracious unto. The Lord lift up His countenance upon you & give you peace."
-------------------------------------Above are words to a song which I made my prayer for all of you.

Re: My Family

PinkAngel,

This will be very hard for you to hear, but I t hink you must stop being an enabler and take a tough love approach to the problem by talking to the police about filing child abandonment charges.:thumbs_up Tough love is aptly named. It is never easy, but it is the best thing you can do for her aside from praying for her to be delivered.

"Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it and it will be yours." (Mk 11:24).

SLE

Hello! I have been where your daughter is now- I was on drugs and my mom had my kids for 4yrs. I have been clean now for 4yrs. but have parenting problems as a result of my absence now that my kids are entering pre-teen years. I pray for you and your daughter. One thing I know that I can offer as advice from my prospective as a user looking back- my parents never offer to help me, they had good intentions but went about it the wrong way by condeming me which led to more use, if they would have offered to help me or get me help I may have quit sooner. God Bless and I will pray for you and your daughter's recovery.

You are in my thoughts and my prayers..and also your grandson and Daughter.. Just keep on Looking up to Jesus. He will help you in your times of needs...

GOD Bless
April

im am very sorry for the strain you are under and understand you must feel very alone right now
I headed down a dangerous road when i was younger and drove my parents crazy with worry, Jesus was calling me for a long time before i answered
But finally i did answer his call and i was so lucky to have such amazing parents who welcomed me with open arms even after all the pain i had caused them
Do not give up on her she will come around keep praying for her, Jesus intrusted this child to your safe hands
I will keep your daughter in my prayers
I trust the Lord will bring her home to you
God Bless xxxxx