• Welcome to Talk Jesus Christian Forums

Celebrating 20 Years!

A bible based, Jesus Christ centered community.

Register Log In

my body's had enough

I've been ill for the past week or two and have been feeling progressively worse about the state of my health for some time, but haven't known what to do. The situation has got pretty bad. I've tried to rectify my eating habits before but i think my body must be way out of balance because I get really strong cravings and feelings of exhaustion and depression.

I've been reading about eating more raw food - and I'm going on a one day course with my mum and son to find out more. It's run by a lady called Karen Knowler here in the UK - she has videos on Youtube. I've already decided to aim for 50% raw food in a day and have at last found some herbal teas that I like. I've also decided that I don't feel right eating chicken anymore (I'd already given up red meat).

Has anyone been on this journey to wellness before me?

Rachel,

I am glad that there is something in the works regarding this......can you please keep me posted on how it goes? I am actually wanting to find a balance in my life in this area......I sometimes eat because I am bored.

I know that eating food from like, Trader Joes, natural food without all that extra mess is a great way to go..............God bless you as you find your way down the road.........

Singlemom

Easy help for you!

Hi Rachel15,

I find that we start off with all sorts of good intentions regarding healthier food, but that it becomes difficult and tedious to maintain.

The easiest way of maintaing a good diet, is to get a good recipe book of healthy meals. I recommend Ted Broer's recipe book he and his wife have compiled! You don't even have to learn all the different scientific reasons of why certain foods are bad for you etc. as the recipe book will contain only those foods that are good for you! This way you will always be in the perimeters of heathy eating. (Recipes are delicious too!)

Also, see "God's Medicine." Read Proverbs 4:20-27. This takes diligence and effort! Read the Word (especially all the healing scriptures) meditate on the Word, then do not forget to SPEAK the Word! eg.: It is written, that the Lord forgives ALL my iniquities and heals ALL my diseases! (Ps 103) It is written:"Romans 8:32" etc, etc. Let this become a good habit! Hope this helps, I know what it is like to feel ill, and to be lifted up by the Word! God bless, love E xxx

Thank you singlemum for your post of support - I will try and remember to let you know how I get on - if i forget by any chance (due to chaotic schedule) do look me up - it would be great to chat.

Thanks Chad for all those references - I really appreciate you taking the time to find them out for me.

Thank you also to Peteresther - I shall check out Ted Broer's book and Prov 4:20-27.

I really appreciate you guys posting!

God bless,

Rachel :girl_hug:

Last edited:
Rachel15: Have you looked into the WeightWatchers program? That program involves mentoring, which might help you get your diet in order.

SLE

Hi SLE, thanks for your post. I tried Weightwatchers online once but I haven't tried going along to the meetings, which I guess could be quite different - I hadn't heard that they did mentoring.

I've yet to go on the raw food course (its on 2nd February), so if that doesn't work I may give Weightwatchers a go - certainly their recipes look really good on their site. Plus my mum has offered to pay for my sessions if I go to them. To be honest, I've just been rather afraid of going because I'd probably be one of the biggest there.

So I guess after the 2nd of February I'll make a decision ... not long to go ...

Thanks and God bless,

Rachel

Rachel15,

The members of WeightWatchers aren't there because they're slim and trim. They're there because they have eating problems that make them overweight, the same problem that you have.

WeightWatchers is a program that works if you work the program. They've been around quite a long time.

SLE

Has anyone been on this journey to wellness before me?

Yes and I am still on the journey. I have made many changes to the way I eat.

I think eating unhealthily is no different to smoking, we reach a point that we are ready to make those lifestyle changes because we are sick and tired of being sick and tired.
For me it isn't just feeling sick and tired, but the fact I really want to be a healthier, better person for God.

Eating 100% raw is difficult for some, I tried it for several months, maintaining a healthy 40-70% raw is manageable. I am around 40%, I need to increase it more. Herbal teas, yes there are some nice ones out there, I like green tea aswell.

If you are feeling sluggish, tired, exhausted etc, you may want to look into eliminating a couple of things from your diet for a week or so, just to see whether you possibly could be sensitive or allergic. Wheat, dairy, corn are high on the list for causing allergies or sensitivities.

I personally avoid gluten, it is a protein in several grains that many, many people are either sensitive to or highly allergic to. It can make some people very very ill, and causes celiac disease(there is a test for this)

I for one feel wiped out if I slip up and have a piece of bread or pizza, it makes me feel dreadful. I have not been tested for food allergies, but I did enough reading on the subject and for the problems I have, I decided to eliminate gluten from my diet, so this meant no longer consuming wheat products, barley, rye etc..and I found alternative safe grains. This is something that I have been able to adhere to almost 100% most of the time, and I do feel so much better.

Because your leaning towards eliminating meat, maybe going vegetarian is also the way to go for you, everyone is different. Whatever you decide to do, just do plenty of research, plenty of reading, books, google searches online. Pray about it, the Lord will most definitely lead you to people, places and resources. Alot of it is also trial an error. Everyone has some advice to offer, so take what you can and then come up with a plan that works for you personally and something that is realistic for you to be able to adhere to long term. You can do it with Jesus by your side.

I do wish you health and wellness, may the Lord guide you to the right way of living for your healing.

:love:Calluna

Last edited:
Thanks for your posts SLE and Calluna - I'm sorry i haven't replied - been very low with depression, but hope to get back to you.

blessings to you racheal,i dont think eating raw meat will be good to do as there is so many chemicals in animials,eat plenty of veg and fruit and drink water only,tea and coffee are a no go,i find bananas,are a good health boost,have you been to the docs,he can recommend a dietition,im fasting for lent,a good detox, god bless,[email protected], let me know how you are

Hi Rachelle15: I'm glad you came back to this thread. Try out WeightWatchers. Go to five or six meetings. Check it out thoroughly. Don't be ruled by your own or anyone else's preconceived notions.

SLE

Rachel, I am rooting for you!

Rachel,

I have been in times where I have been depressed, I know what that is like.

Though I may say that, I know God understands completely. He cares about what you are going through.

This one thing I know for sure, helped me. To isolate myself was the wrong thing to do. I got out and forced myself to fellowship. Makes a huge difference!

Come back, we are all rooting for you!

God bless you immensely with His presence, and with wisdom to know his peace always.

My body...The Temple of the Holy Spirit!

Hello All,

I got up determined to take care of the Temple God has given me for the Spirit to reside in.

I went for a walk........good one too!

I feel like walking on air...................boy, o'boy, does it put a spring in your step.

There was a time when I lost 23 lbs. in one month alone and that went because I was eating a balanced meal and walking daily.

Keep me in your prayers. :wink:

eating right and doing an activity that you enjoy is important. I clock in at 387lbs, i know that's a lot, but ... i use to weight 430lbs on a 5' 10" frame. What i did is, Eat like a king at Breakfast, eat like a prince at lunch, and eat like a poor man at dinner. Healthy food not Junk/fast food. Plus i took up an activity , I walked, i hear 20-30 minutes a day is enough, and you don't have to do it all at once, 10m here 5m there 15m later, you get the point. I know at 387lbs i am not the best to advise.

But with God's help, i will hit the 200lbs Mark one day.

Oh and never eat then sleep, will make fat. Stay awake 2-3 hours.

God Bless.

I have discovered that simply removing sugar and caffiene from your diet can work well. Also, replacing your white sugar with fresh fruits and vegetables helps.

eating right and doing an activity that you enjoy is important. I clock in at 387lbs, i know that's a lot, but ... i
use to weight 430lbs on a 5' 10" frame. What i did is,

"Eat like a king at Breakfast, eat like a prince at lunch, and eat like a poor man at dinner."

I Love this!!!!!!:star:

Can I use this and turn it into art for my kitchen????? with your permission of course, is it a quote from someone else or yours????

It is beautiful!!!!!!!!:sun:

Healthy food not Junk/fast food. Plus i took up an activity , I walked, i hear 20-30 minutes a day is enough, and you don't have to do it all at once, 10m here 5m there 15m later, you get the point. I know at 387lbs i am not the best to advise.

But with God's help, i will hit the 200lbs Mark one day.

Oh and never eat then sleep, will make fat. Stay awake 2-3 hours.

God Bless.

Wow, sounds like a focused determined man to me! Thank you for your post here.

Sounds like your body is telling you "ENOUGH"
I dont know what type of food you eat but feeling run down and sick generaly results from eating junk foods, geneticaly modified and chemical infused foods, also the water we drink could be bad too.

I'm a student and I had problems focussing and had headaches... after reading into health I changed the way I ate and suddenly had a bright face, energy and was happy and positive.

This is what I elimintaed from going into my body, after all we have to think about the future consequences not just the 'now' feeling.

- So no more sugar or salt as they create addictions
- No more red meat (personaly I hate the taste and it makes me feel sick in my stomach)
- No more packaged food off the shleves (ful of chemical preservatives and its not fresh as it sits on the shop shelves for weeks and not including sitting in warehouses, I mean when we have home cooked food we usualy dont eat it the next day so pakaged food is even worse)
- Definately no more coffee (people brainwash themselves into thinking they need it to stay awake but they simply dont, I sometimes sit up at night till 5am doing homework but all without coffee just exercise and water :) )
- Dried fruits (full of sugar and not fresh)
- Baked sweets (flour and wateer turns to thick glue so what about our poor intestinse trying to digest that?!)
- Fastfood -> This I stopped eating about 5 years ago. Fast foods like McDonalds etc (the food is never fresh and more made in labs than grown outside , read 'Fast Food Nation' ISBN 13 978 0 06 083858 4 to know where Im coming from, Also the fast food corporations pay researchers big money to find out how to make the customer not satisfied and come back to buy more. For our bodies to feel full we need a certain number of nutrients and when their not there we feel hungry even though our stomachs are packed.)

So what I ate more of was
- fresh vegetables (great to eat when craving food in between meals)
- Fruit (source of energy and a substitute for sugary sweets)
- Grains (rice of all colours except for devilish not nutritious white rice)
- Breads (other than white again, full of nuts, seeds, vegetables and grains)
- Dairy foods (like milk, cheese, yoghurt, also goats milk is great)

So thats basically it, the bottom line is try to eat food as nature intends it to be
Not Processed
Not Modified
Not over cooked (looses its nutrient content)
Raw (as in fruit and vegetables and not red meat, some fish is ok thoufgh like in sushi)

A great thread to read is this one, it opened my eyes alot to what is really going on with our food: (Since I cant post link yet, its at parkour . net under the health and fitness category titled 'Diet', I hope I dont get banned from here as its a great article to read and will help us to look after the bodies we have as God wants us to)

Hope this helps
God bless you all :D
Olesya

Hi Rachel15:
Bless your heart. I hope you are soon on the road to recovery and health.
I am just now starting to hear about Raw foods, so I can contribute to this topic.
Wish I could. I am going to do some looking into it also. Best of luck to you,
God Bless you.