• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

Musical Celebrity's Vs. God

I love music my favorite genre would probably be rap r&b and hip hop and I love alternative christian rock.. I recently read some things and heard some things on the web about rap artist being apart of the illuminati and I believe that artist such as Jay z are a big part of this new world order group it's very disturbing to me.. I struggle with music bc I don't think I should listen to music like that what do to guys think should I do away with all music that is not God related?

My best advice is to avoid any music that is inappropriate in it's lyrics, mocks Christian values, and or who artist mocks or hates Christianity. However, putting away any music that is not God related is also a good method, too.

Your right! I just can't believe how all those people sold their lives to satan just for fortune and fame its sick! Thanks for your advice

I know this is an old post, but it's perfectly fine to listen to music that isn't God related. God wouldn't give us the ability to make that type of music if it wasn't. However, do watch for things that sound Satanic or whatever. Look at the lyrics.

I know this is an old post, but it's perfectly fine to listen to music that isn't God related. God wouldn't give us the ability to make that type of music if it wasn't. However, do watch for things that sound Satanic or whatever. Look at the lyrics.

I don't agree with you.

Does that mean its okay to smoke and drink and take drugs cos man is able to make them.

There isn't anything wrong with drinking, or smoking. Certain drugs are helpful. What I mean is that God wouldn't give us the ability to make other types of music if it wasn't meant to be listened to. Classical isn't God based, but it's perfectly fine. If I listen to Justin Bieber that doesn't make me a sinner or any less of a person in God's eyes. In other words it's fine to listen to music that doesn't have God in every other stanza.

There isn't anything wrong with drinking, or smoking.

Although cigarette smoking was unheard of in the ages when the Bible was being written, there is plenty of medical evidence as to why there is plenty wrong with smoking. An organization that shares facts to help people quit gives these examples:

About 8.6 million people in the U.S. have at least one serious illness that’s caused by smoking.

Smoking is the cause of 1 in 5 deaths in the U.S. annually. And tobacco use is the leading preventable cause of death.

Every day over 3,800 teens, 18 and younger, smoke their first cigarette. While, 1,000 teens start smoking on a daily basis.

A single cigarette contains over 4,800 chemicals, 69 of which are known to cause cancer.

Secondhand smoke contains over 7,000 chemicals, including 70 cancer-causing chemicals.

Smoking increases your risk of getting lung diseases like pneumonia, emphysema and chronic bronchitis.

Oh another ACT 15 moment...why must i keep jumping on stage and reciting the same old lines

God made this world and every good and beautiful thing in it...and He said nothing that would suggest He minds us singing about every good and beautiful thing He made.

ACT 15 - "We have heard that some who went from our group have troubled and upset you by what they said; they had not, however, received any instruction from us.... The HOLY SPIRIT and we have agreed not to put any other burden on you besides these necessary rules:

1)eat no food that has been offered to idols; eat no blood; eat no animal that has been strangled;

2) keep yourselves from sexual immorality.

You will do well if you take care not to do these things. With our best wishes."

The messengers were sent off and went to Antioch, where they gathered the whole group of believers and gave them the letter. When the people read it, they were filled with joy by the message of encouragement." ACT 15 GNB

FOOTNOTE Also, notice that other than there being no rules about music...(other than you would obviously not be "keeping" yourself very far from sexual immorality if you are dancing around your house singing about it) the HOLY GHOST gave no rules about cigarettes....tobacco is not bad meat...and its not something you eat...you smoke it....or at least I do. :shock:

God gave us the gift of free will. It's up to us on how we're going to use it. :)

I would just say remember that all of that is only alleged, people on the internet like to fabricate sensational stories including ones about celebrities supposedly selling their souls to the devil and being members of the illuminati. If you were to only listen to music that was directly God-related, you'd miss out on a lot of good music. The fact is we'll never know the true personalities, actions or motives of these music artists so base the music you listen to on whether or not you feel comfortable listening to it. I personally don't believe in the whole illuminati thing so I guess it doesn't bother me as much.

I wouldn't say Jay Z and Beyonce are a "big part" of the NWO but they are part of the Illuminati, yes.

It seems better to avoid most mainstream music nowadays. Even most mainstream Christian music is not good.

I would just say remember that all of that is only alleged, people on the internet like to fabricate sensational stories including ones about celebrities supposedly selling their souls to the devil and being members of the illuminati. If you were to only listen to music that was directly God-related, you'd miss out on a lot of good music. The fact is we'll never know the true personalities, actions or motives of these music artists so base the music you listen to on whether or not you feel comfortable listening to it. I personally don't believe in the whole illuminati thing so I guess it doesn't bother me as much.
Many singers including JayZ have openly shown their support for Lucifer just as followers of Jesus might show signs of their support. Making using of certain symbols and words confirms their involvement. You can't say it's "alleged", they have done too much for it to be denied at this point.

Last edited:
Staff Member
Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world.
1 John 2:15

And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Romans 12:2

Celebrities can easily become idols......(even Christian celebrities can become idolised and bask in self glory)

And then they take the place of the Lord in our hearts

Our singing and praises should be to the Lord and Him alone
He alone is worthy of our adoration and praise

Be filled with the Spirit; singing to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord
Ephesians 5:18-19

Only Jesus gives life. No Jesus no life.
If music has no Jesus in it, there's no life there. Good or bad music, makes no difference, as long as Jesus is not there. Ask yourself, is this music giving me life or not? If not life, it is unprofitable.

Active
It isn't so much what we do, but what we prefer to do which makes us or breaks us. If we prefer to do activities which encourage us away from God's will for us, that would not be such a good thing particularly if one is claiming to be a disciple of Christ. It's sad that people can develop warped views of what God is about. It's worse when they encourage others to do the same. Sadder still, is the light in the dark who makes a mistake which destroys their Christian witness in a heartbeat.

If you wish to invite friends over for a BBQ and have a few (I don't mean a two-four just for yourself) beer for social reasons, no problem. However, if you need copious amounts of beer just to get through the occasion, the Good Lord might have a problem with that.

At the end of the day, it's what we prefer to do. If God approves, great. If not, not so great.

Cheers,
John

Loyal
There probably are some "spiritually neutral" songs out there, that have no agenda or sinful words in them. But as someone who has been listening to music for over 50 years....
I would say 97% of the music today has either something about God/Jesus or something about sex/drugs/authority/gangs/violence/alcohol/abuse/sadness/depression/murder/rape/ and at the very least a romantic notion.
But even romantic songs usually involve lust or fornication at some level. Even a lot of what we call orchestral/symphonic music has it's roots in Christianity (Handel's Messiah) or pagan god's (the march of the Valkyries).

Active
Songs are used for national and school anthems, ballads about could-have-been heroes (Ballad of Ira Hayes), events, and much of what has been written above by BAC. I recall going into a Christian bookstore in the late 70's and listening to music that sounded little different than what was played on AM radio. The words were different, but the music was not pleasant. I take gospel songs and hymns and occasionally put them to music with Sonar X2. Many have a drum beat. At the end of the day, much of it would be rejected. But, I have fun doing so. While electronically/digitally enhanced music instruments and recording has shaped modern music, sometimes all you really need is a guitar, a voice(s), and a desire to sing. Cheers, John

Without trying to sound like one of those obsessed over conspiracy theories, I want to mention a few points
-Wikipedia defines back-masking as a recording technique in which a sound or message is recorded backward on to a track that is meant to be played forward. Backmasking is a deliberate process, whereas a message found through phonetic reversal may be unintentional.
Good and fine, now what is its potential effect? Another quote from Wikipedia- Serial killer Richard Ramirez, on trial in 1988, stated that AC/DC's music, and specifically the song "Night Prowler" on Highway to Hell, inspired him to commit murder. Reverse sheep advocate David John Oates claimed that "Highway to Hell", on the same album, contains backmasked messages including "I'm the law", "my name is Lucifer", and "she belongs in hell". AC/DC's Angus Young responded that "you didn't need to play [the album] backwards, because we never hid [the messages]. We'd call an album Highway To Hell, there it was right in front of them." The implication of this material (and other information on the website) (you should check it out) is that subliminal messages can enhance preconceived ideas. If you wanted to murder, but weren't sure, for example, a subliminal message could help make up your mind.
You might argue that as Christians we wouldn't have these preconceptions. True, but then, why involve yourself with people who probably do?
Quickly on to my next and final point-
Ever heard about the (evil) 3rd eye? If you listen to Ab-soul and his crew, or Joey Bad*** (both labeled as the 'next big things' in rap) you probably have.
The refrain of 'Enter the void' (the name itself...) (a song by both aforementioned)
Enter the void
This for my hundred dollar businesses to destroy
Spreading word of knowledge to through decoys
People realize that it's time to deploy
Stay on point - open your third eye, boy
(And keep your mother... Chakras open
Keep your mother... Chakras open
Keep your mouth shut and keep your mother... Chakras open
Keep your all seeing eye open)

Just a jumbled collection of my thoughts.

God gave us the gift of free will. It's up to us on how we're going to use it. :)

Yes, but all of us will be judged by our works and deeds. God gave us free will to choose whether love the world and hate God or love God or hate the world. There is no in between. No gray, only black and white. Either be with God or against God.

James 4:4 Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

Revelation 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

Back to the first of the ten commandments. Exodus 20:3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
We must shun all appearance of evil. We must refrain from worldiness. Listening to music played/sand by unbelievers is a grave mistake. They are partakers of evil, lustful,worldly - carnal. We are Peculiar people, a Royal Priesthood, a Holy Nation, The Bride of Christ.

i dont know if its true or not but i saw an interview that Dave Mustaine once of metallica and then when he got booted he started megadeth got saved. There is a video on youtubes about it and he gives a bit about his testimony on practicing magic and in the video dave says there are certian songs he wont play anymore. I tend to think its true because the bible says you dont confess Jesus is Lord with out the spirit. We should pray for these musical artists as God doesn't desire one should perish.

I love music my favorite genre would probably be rap r&b and hip hop and I love alternative christian rock.. I recently read some things and heard some things on the web about rap artist being apart of the illuminati and I believe that artist such as Jay z are a big part of this new world order group it's very disturbing to me.. I struggle with music bc I don't think I should listen to music like that what do to guys think should I do away with all music that is not God related?