• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Mother's Day

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:5)

Staff Member
On the third day there was a wedding in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Jesus was there. Now both Jesus and His disciples were invited to the wedding. John 2:1-2

Since Jesus attended this wedding in Cana with his mother and brothers, commentators tend to believe that one of His relatives was getting married. This seems likely. One commentator, Jonathan Gill, points out that Mary acts like a principal person at the wedding, with the authority to order the servants to obey Jesus.

Today, on Mother's Day, it's a great opportunity to stop and recognize the love, support, and authority of your mother.

If she's still alive, do something special for her. Write her a letter to tell her what she did right in raising you. Take her to her favorite restaurant, and ask her to tell you a story about your family that you've never heard. Offer to pray for her before you part ways.

If she's no longer living, tell your kids about her. Was she in the habit of reading her bible every day? Did she show up for your games? Was she the first one to pray for you when you needed it? Tell them everything good you can remember.

Prayer: Lord, thank You for my mother. I know she wasn't perfect and that she made mistakes, but You chose her to raise me, shape me, and send me into the world. And I'm content with Your choice.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Follower Testimonials 0
rizen1 Stories 1
S Stories 0