• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 12,500 members today

Register Log In

More Than A Pep Rally

Staff Member
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. ... But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues [in it], and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does. James 1:22,25 NKJV

You can believe something, but without acting on it, you'll end up in self-deception. You can hear a sermon, read the Bible, or have conversations with Christian friends yet through inaction leave people thinking what you learned isn't worth trusting. Why? If you say you follow Christ but won't actually do what the Bible says, then those who observe you may feel it's not worth following either.

Church isn't a pep rally. Reading God's Word isn't just spiritual comfort food. And following God isn't simply a matter of well-placed bumper stickers, witness wear, or learning the top ten Christian phrases.

God probably won't ask you about your collection of spiritual quotes or T-shirts, but He will be interested in whether trust in His plan led you to obedience. God's Word changes lives. Changed lives require obedience. Obedience requires action.

Prayer: Lord, I don't want to just listen and walk away from You unchanged. I don't view Your truth as just an opinion to consider. I don't want to leave time in Your Word with a lazy "That's nice" on my lips. Help me to continue in Your grace and find freedom in Your Spirit.