Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Misery's company

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by soulwaves, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Not the most warm title to a thread, but a title that fit's the reality of my situation. Yes misery has overcome me, and the day's are gloomy. Have you noticed how when you're in deep pain and other's who stand afar watching you suffer, only multiples your suffering.

I put down that I'm not born again, but I know that the Bible speaks the truth.
    But I can't make myself born again, that is something only God can do. Isn't said "Through much tribulation you will enter the kingdom" Does one get born in an instant, or does it take some time?

I guess I'll have to hang in there until I am delivered into my new life. I doubt there's any magic word's to be said here, Jesus was never formulaic in his approach to life. In all humility I ask you to respect my right to discover God his way. Any attempt to pigeonhole me to a Church, a Bible translation, a theology and the usual suspect dissection of my faith will be ignored period. Sorry to sound awful, but I am not naive to tactics many Christians use to demote other's.

On a joyful note, I'm glad that I'm here. I hope to make real connection's & friendships, but that is second to getting right with God. So pray for me to recover from year's of pain & abuse, and to be born again.

Thanks

C.J

2. How did you develop this disdain of Christianity.

3. Welcome to Talk Jesus @soulwaves

No attempt here to pigeonhole you to anything.....just a little to share.
    However, of course this is Talk Jesus......so that is what we do, we talk about Jesus and His love.

Canst thou by searching find out God?
    Job 11:17

Ye shall seek Me and find Me, when ye shall search for Me with all your heart
    Jeremiah 29:11

...him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out
    John 6:37

For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16

4. Welcome to talkjesus. From your opening post here it sounds like you are stuck in a no-man's land of pain and uncertainty. Is that a fair description of where you are?

Praying that you will find new life and freedom. Look forward to seeing more of you on the forums.

5. praying for you and welcome here

6. @soulwaves
    So simply how does a person meet God and become born again? Simply ask:

"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: " Matt 7:7

It's a pretty open Door, but it has its limits as well:

"Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts." James 4:3

So what is the Way to go carefully and complete through the Door, NOT amiss?

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you." Matt 6:33

Along the Way as you are seeking first the kingdom and righteousness of God what should you do when you hit rough spots? Ask again! Do not stop asking again until you are satisfied that you are in touch with God as closely as you can or wish to be.

Most of my natural life I've been serving God and still I am continuing to ask. How close can to get to God? The limit is not in Him but always in you.

Give God the glory!

7. Salvation (born again) happens in a instant, but sanctification, which means to make Holy takes a life time. How can a person receive salvation?

Rom 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Rom 10:14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

You have to "hear" the Gospel first which gives "faith" to believe to get saved. It is not up to you to conjure up the needed faith to get saved, it is a gift given to those who hear the Gospel. The only requirement for you is the "choice" to act upon what you have heard. What must one do to act upon what you believe that came by hearing the Word of God?

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

Confessing with your mouth that Jesus to be your savior is your act by faith that he gave you to believe in him.