• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Ministering On A Tight Budget

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:6)

Staff Member
Then Peter said, "Silver and gold I do not have, but what I do have I give you: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk." Acts 3:6

Peter lacked the financial resources to help the beggar, but he was rich in other things that he gladly shared. Helping this man stand and walk brought Peter and John a good deal of attention, some that helped them preach the Gospel and some that brought persecution and suffering. However, their focus in the moment was this man who was unable to walk.

Peter stepped out in faith, perhaps uncertain of where his actions would lead, but in the end, many benefited from his compassionate ministry.

It's tempting to either assume that money is what will fix most problems or to assume that not being able to donate money can rule you out as a contributor. Peter's faith is a reminder that followers of Jesus have blessings to share that are far greater than money.

Whether praying for actual physical restoration or spiritual liberation, you have access to God's power and mercy for the benefit of others. Pay attention to the moments today when you can bless others and even step out in faith to ask God for something miraculous.

Prayer: Lord, use me to bless those who are in need.

The Lord will provide whatever we need if we are walking in His Will and ministering to those in need.