• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Manifesting the Glory of God.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Manifesting the Glory of God.

The Bible tells us that the Lord is like the sun. The Lord is NOT the sun he is only LIKE the sun.

Psa 84:11 THE LORD GOD IS LIKE THE SUN that gives us light. He is like a shield that keeps us safe. (NiRV)

The sun in our sky has it's own kind of glory in that it is continuously through atomic fusion exploding that is blinding to the human eye. As the result of this atomic fusion there is a “radiance” that shines forth from the sun into all our solar system commonly known as "light". Jesus is known as the “RADIANCE” of the Glory of God. (Hebrews 1:3 KJV, ESV) He is the BRIGHTNESS of God's Glory, and he shines through out all the ages, into a world that has no end!!

God promised through the Prophet Isaiah that all flesh shall see his Glory.....

Isa 40:5 And THE GLORY OF THE LORD SHALL BE REVEALED, AND ALL FLESH SHALL SEE IT TOGETHER: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.(KJV)

Jesus manifested his Glory while here on earth, but not all flesh saw it because he being a man was limited to be only in one place at a time.

John 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and WE BEHELD HIS GLORY, THE GLORY AS OF THE ONLY BEGOTTEN OF THE FATHER,) full of grace and truth.

The Glory of God is not only something that can be seen externally, it can also be seen through the working of miracles!!!

John 2:11 this beginning of MIRACLES did jesus in cana of Galilee, and MANIFESTED FORTH HIS GLORY; and his disciples believed on him.

Miracles are a manifestation of the Glory of God the Father!!! Jesus always claimed that the words he spoke, and things which he did was the results of his Father dwelling inside him. Jesus said, “I CAN OF MY OWN SELF DO NOTHING”!!! (John 5:30) If Jesus said he could do nothing of his own self, that means we to can do nothing either of our own self.

Many people try to do their own thing, even when it comes to being a doer of the Word of God!!! Remember Jesus said.

Mat 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
Mat 7:22 MANY WILL SAY TO ME IN THAT DAY, LORD, LORD, HAVE WE NOT PROPHESIED IN THY NAME? AND IN THY NAME HAVE CAST OUT DEVILS? AND IN THY NAME DONE MANY WONDERFUL WORKS?
Mat 7:23 And then will I PROFESS UNTO THEM, I NEVER KNEW YOU: DEPART FROM ME, YE THAT WORK INIQUITY.

We must also never forget what Jesus said here.......

Mar 16:17 And THESE SIGNS SHALL FOLLOW THEM THAT BELIEVE; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
Mar 16:18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.

Notice the difference between what God does through believers, as apposed to what man does through his own actions. Jesus said these signs shall follow them that "BELIEVE", they will not follow them that do these things!!!! There is a big difference between the two, they are no where near the same!!!

Notice what Jesus said these people are going to say to him.

" many will say to me in that day, lord, lord, HAVE WE NOT prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

Who did these people say were doing the prophesying, casting out Devils, and the many wonderful works? They said "...have WE not..." The big WE!!! It was NEVER their place to do these things, that is God's job!!! God only works through those who believe!!! Believe what? The Word of God!!! The Word of God is Jesus, and he operates through his body as we simply have faith in him!!!

We are being a worker of iniquity even when it looks like we are being a doer of the word of God. This kind of work does not bring forth or manifest the Glory of God!!! The Glory of God is just that, the Glory of God. It is not the glory of man or what a man can do on his own. If God's Glory is to be manifest in our mist, then it will have to be God himself to manifest it through his works which he performs through his body the Church.

It is never up to man when, or where God decides to do this. As it is written.....

Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

Also notice what Jesus said to these people, "...I never knew you..." which means without having a intimate relationship with God through prayer we will always get it wrong. Knowing what the Bible says is NOT having a relationship with God!!! There is a big difference between knowing what God said, and knowing the one who said it!!!

Only those who are led by the Spirit of God are truly the sons of God. It will always be of his choosing when to maifest his Glory to the world.

Now that the Glory of God is living inside of his Church, it is now possible for his Glory to be manifest to ALL flesh as long as we allow him to work through us!!!

Eph 3:20 Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us,
Eph 3:21 UNTO HIM BE GLORY IN THE CHURCH BY CHRIST JESUS throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.
:smile:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NetChaplain Sermons & Podcasts 8
NetChaplain Sermons & Podcasts 3
Curtis Devotionals 0