• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Loving your enemy

This is like a recent thread but instead of not like it's enemy in my case. And maybe much more loaded.

How do you love a person that raped your 10 year old daughter? What does that look like in holiness and godliness. I pray he come to repentance, but beyond that I have to forgive him everytime I think of him. When I am forgiving him, I trust God will make it right, sometimes I'm hoping for fire and brimstone!! I hate what he did! So can I hate what he did?

Active
This is like a recent thread but instead of not like it's enemy in my case. And maybe much more loaded.

How do you love a person that raped your 10 year old daughter? What does that look like in holiness and godliness. I pray he come to repentance, but beyond that I have to forgive him everytime I think of him. When I am forgiving him, I trust God will make it right, sometimes I'm hoping for fire and brimstone!! I hate what he did! So can I hate what he did?
yeah that is a big challenge.
first we have to understand why there is evil in the world. and that has to do with fallen angels who pollute us and the world, and also our sinful nature - the flesh.
God in his great mercy was beaten and bruised for us and died on the cross so that our sins could also be nailed to the cross with Jesus.
Afterwards the gospel of salvation came to all men and God calls people to him so that they may be born from above by water and the Holy Spirit.
Even the most vile and evil people (from murderers to presidents) can receive forgiveness and salvation > Acts 2:38 >>>
Which brings us to the personal.
For me I had to pray to God for him to take away my bitterness and ire. To cleanse me from my hurt. Afterwards then I could pray to forgive others and let the Spirit restore me to peace and comfort.
To love this perpetrator does not mean you have to like him, but you need to understand how he is a prisoner of Satan.
And Jesus came to set the captives free.
You love him by caring for his salvation and you pray for him (Romans 12).

We have a fabulous testimony from Papua new Guinea where tribal vengeance is rife. A brother in Christ was attacked in a night raid by nearby villagers (payback) and slashed with a machete.
He almost died from blood loss.
Sometime later the Pentecostal Revival Centres preached the gospel to this village and there was a pretty good response.
The man responsible for slashing our brother in his village came forward and sought forgiveness from his previous victim and they both prayed for this.
Now these two go out together for outreaches to other villages.