• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Loving Other Believers

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
We (Paul and Timothy) always pray for you, and we give thanks to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. For we have heard of your faith in Christ Jesus and your love for all of God’s people. Colossians 1:3-4

As God’s people, you are called to exhibit love for everyone, including your enemies, but you have a certain affinity for other believers-an instant bond, no matter how long you’ve known them. You’re united in Christ and that bond is thicker than blood.

Paul wrote to the Colossian church that he wanted them to know how thankful he was for their reputation of loving all of God’s people. We can’t be certain how Paul and Timothy heard this information, although some commentators speculate that it was passed on by Epaphras (v 7). We also don’t know how they expressed this love, but it undoubtedly involved acts of kindness and mercy because love includes action, and you build a reputation for things you do consistently.

How is your church viewed by other Christians who have never stepped foot inside one of your worship services? Do other believers see your church at local events, praying and serving alongside fellow believers? Does your church reach out to other churches in your city during their time of need? Does your church celebrate with other Christians? If not, what simple steps can you take to change that?

Active
What do you do if your churches governing body change your book of order to read marriage from a man and woman to any consenting adult and that you are permitted to have Gay Pastors and gay weddings?

Loyal
Hate the sin, not the sinner. Tell your governing body that you cannot in faith support people who think that scripture is simply a guideline that can be moved whenever the morality of the day says to move it. But tell them in love and with humbleness.

Active
Hate the sin, not the sinner. Tell your governing body that you cannot in faith support people who think that scripture is simply a guideline that can be moved whenever the morality of the day says to move it. But tell them in love and with humbleness.
Yes, I left that church of 30 years because they would not restructure to keep the original verbage of a what a marriage is!

Staff Member
What do you do if your churches governing body change your book of order to read marriage from a man and woman to any consenting adult and that you are permitted to have Gay Pastors and gay weddings?
Yes, I left that church of 30 years because they would not restructure to keep the original verbage of a what a marriage is!
Something tells me that the problems of this church go deeper then the verbiage used to accept alternative life styles as it pertains to marriage.

Thanks for sharing.

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Loyal
Indeed, for thus saith the Lord:

"And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues." Rev 18:4