• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Loving Not this World

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
Loving Not this World

How many of us are tired of hearing about all the controversies on the news about Susan Rice, and the so called Russian connection? This world is so missed up, and most of the people we see on TV especially the main stream media who are total wacko's!!! These people have no conscience, and could NOT tell the difference between good or evil even if their life depended upon it!!! This should be a no surprise to anyone who knows what scripture says.....

1John 5:19 We know that we are children of God and that THE WORLD AROUND US IS UNDER THE CONTROL OF THE EVIL ONE. (NLT)

Even though we are “armed” with this information as to why these things are the way they are, we still “feel” them, and are “vexed” in our soul because of what we see, and hear. Abraham's son in law Lot felt the same things when he was living in Sodom, just before God destroyed that city.

2Peter 2:7 And delivered just LOT, VEXED WITH THE FILTHY CONVERSATION OF THE WICKED:
2Peter 2:8 (For THAT RIGHTEOUS MAN DWELLING AMONG THEM, IN SEEING AND HEARING, VEXED HIS RIGHTEOUS SOUL FROM DAY TO DAY WITH THEIR UNLAWFUL DEEDS:wink:

Anybody sensing these same things I am? The Apostle Paul tells us this.....

1John 2:15 LOVE NOT THE WORLD, neither the things that are in the world. IF ANY MAN LOVE THE WORLD, THE LOVE OF THE FATHER IS NOT IN HIM.
1John 2:16 FOR ALL THAT IS IN THE WORLD, THE LUST OF THE FLESH, AND THE LUST OF THE EYES, AND THE PRIDE OF LIFE, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
1John 2:17 And the WORLD PASSETH AWAY, AND THE LUST THEREOF: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

The good news is this world is “PASSING AWAY”, and ALL OF ITS LUST!!! Hay!!!!! (I can't wait), but the one who does the will of God will live forever!!!!

What “lust” is passing away?

Gal 5:17 For the FLESH LUSTETH against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would.
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; ADULTERY, FORNICATION, UNCLEANNESS, LASCIVIOUSNESS,
Gal 5:20 IDOLATRY, WITCHCRAFT, HATRED, VARIANCE, EMULATIONS, WRATH, STRIFE, SEDITIONS, HERESIES,
Gal 5:21 ENVYINGS, MURDERS, DRUNKENNESS, REVELLINGS, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that THEY WHICH DO SUCH THINGS SHALL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

The Bible tells us when this will happen. Most, if not every human being living on planet earth are hoping they will not be around when this happens, But I want to be around, and see it in my life time. I can not wait for this wonderful event. We the Church have front rows seats to this event!!!

2Pe 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then THE HEAVENS WILL VANISH (PASS AWAY) WITH A THUNDEROUS CRASH, AND THE [MATERIAL] ELEMENTS [OF THE UNIVERSE] WILL BE DISSOLVED WITH FIRE, AND THE EARTH AND THE WORKS THAT ARE UPON IT WILL BE BURNED UP. (AMP)

Anyone else like fire works like I do?

2Pe 3:11 Since all these things are thus in the process of being dissolved, what kind of person ought [each of] you to be [in the meanwhile] in consecrated and holy behavior and devout and godly qualities,
2Pe 3:12 WHILE YOU WAIT AND EARNESTLY LONG FOR (EXPECT AND HASTEN) THE COMING OF THE DAY OF GOD BY REASON OF WHICH THE FLAMING HEAVENS WILL BE DISSOLVED, AND THE [MATERIAL] ELEMENTS [OF THE UNIVERSE] WILL FLARE AND MELT WITH FIRE? [Isa_34:4]
2Pe 3:13 BUT WE LOOK FOR NEW HEAVENS AND A NEW EARTH according to His promise, in which righteousness (uprightness, freedom from sin, and right standing with God) is to abide. [Isa_65:17; (AMP)

Oh, happy day along with a brand spanking new earth where only righteousness will rein forever!!!
:smile: