• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

LOVE

Loyal
The bible is clear about what love looks like. IT also tells us what Love does not look like.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8
Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

the bible is also very clear that if you do not have LOVE you aint got nothing, this reminds of all the theological arguments I see that turned down right nasty and rude yet with all there wonderful knowledge and wisdom they got nothing with out LOVE.

1 Corinthians 13:1-13
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;

Love has the power to cover sin

1 Peter 4:8
Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins.

Love has no fear, that is perfect love

1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

Keeping the Lords Commandments is a must to show our Love for God

John 14:15
“If you love me, you will keep my commandments.

This post was inspired by BAC post on trolls, we here at TJ need to show our Love in the post we write me included every-time I post I want to think of 1 Corinthians 13:4-8

Staff Member
Greetings,

yes, we like to use filters on so many things to keep them coming in to our lives or computers or houses or what ever but unfortunately we don't bother too much about using a filter for what comes out of us!

The internet has opened a new type of dialogue. In times past the written things here would be spoken.

Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Ephesians 4:29

Bless you ....><>

Active
Dave everyone needs to learn how to love for many people it does not come naturally which is why we have Jesus to show us the way.

Let us rejoice in the truth rather than rejoice in wrongdoing. It seems many posts have been about sinning and people pointing out other peoples sins but how about we focus on what people are doing right and what Jesus is doing in our lives? Yes? Amen!

Let me tell you I live with a hard mother and work for a hard boss. Everyday without fail they will point out something I did wrong that was not up to their standard. It is pick pick pick can you imagine. Sometimes I get the feeling they want to point out everything I am doing wrong just so they can feel better or superior about themselves. The root if this of course is pride. You often hear that mothers want to be proud of their offspring and bosses take pride in their work. They want to be in control and above their children or their workers. Well actually Jesus shows us something completely different way of relating to each other.

Thankfully I know my God and what He thinks of me and that He loves me. He is after all God almighty and far above humans, but he sent his Son Jesus in the flesh to show us what love is like. Jesus humbled himself on the cross and did not actually think 'I am messiah, King of Israel so I ought to be treated like one' he was born in a stable, to poor parents, he did not parade around Jerusalem in flash robes and a horse, he came on a donkey which is one of the slowest beasts, it would be like choosing to ride a bicycle instead of riding round in a limousine. He was human like us and we have the privelige of being his brothers and sisters.

Loyal
Love is one of the most important thing we learn in the Bible. And the bible clearly spells out what love looks like. So we can easily apply that to what we see right here on TJ and see if everyone has a loving heart all the time. I see that love is far removed in a lot of post here on TJ I see lots of divide, I see name calling, I see rudeness. I have been part of it and have failed to love my neighbor as myself Lord forgive me, so I am not pointing fingers at anyone in particular, but at everyone in general me included. I think we should all pray on it and try much harder to be loving in our post.

Our words show exactly the condition of our hearts and from my point of view it aint pretty here. You can have all the theology in the world but with out Love you got nothing.

I remember when I first started studying the bible I would get into argument all the time about theology, and actually think to my self man we we get to heaven this guy is going to know I was right and he was wrong, what stupid silly thought when we get to heaven we are going to be so full of joy it wont matter who was right or wrong. What matters is LOVE and seeking Jesus with all of your heart, who cares about the arguments of silly petty theology if you have LOVE and seek Jesus with all you Heart and Love you neighbor as your self, nothing else come close to these things as importance. IMO

Active
Go to the prayer part of the forum that is also a part of why many people come here I would be sad if people came here only to argue their opinions and tear the bible to pieces. :-(

God is love!

Active
On the subject of love, this verse stands out for me John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Laying your life down is the greatest act of love. God did this for us. God's loves all mankind as much as is possible.

The 'friends' in this verse is interesting. On the first read one can assume it is laying your life down for those who love you, IE friends. But we need to add context to this.

God made all of mankind His friends when He lay down His life for us all John 3:16. John 15:12 says 'This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you'', IE God wants us to make friends and be prepared to love them as He has loved us / IE lay our lives down 100%. Can we say this? John 15:14 'Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you' God tells us what we have to do to be His friend / fall in the category to accept this gift to 'friends'.

Then vs 15 is just very interesting. God wants an open book policy with His friends. I guess that is logical as He has already done the greatest act of love for us. vs 15 'Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you'.

So, I gauge love based on the degree we lay our life down. Selflessness has to be Christianity 101. We can't just say 'we love' someone.

Loyal
On the subject of love, this verse stands out for me John 15:13 Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

Laying your life down is the greatest act of love. God did this for us. God's loves all mankind as much as is possible.

The 'friends' in this verse is interesting. On the first read one can assume it is laying your life down for those who love you, IE friends. But we need to add context to this.

God made all of mankind His friends when He lay down His life for us all John 3:16. John 15:12 says 'This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you'', IE God wants us to make friends and be prepared to love them as He has loved us / IE lay our lives down 100%. Can we say this? John 15:14 'Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you' God tells us what we have to do to be His friend / fall in the category to accept this gift to 'friends'.

Then vs 15 is just very interesting. God wants an open book policy with His friends. I guess that is logical as He has already done the greatest act of love for us. vs 15 'Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you'.

So, I gauge love based on the degree we lay our life down. Selflessness has to be Christianity 101. We can't just say 'we love' someone.
yeap thats one reason I say I know I am not perfect (among many other reasons ) I am not sure I could lay my life down for anyone. because thats what loving our neighbor as our selves really looks like.