• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Love is What You Do

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Loyal
]I believe that there is power in words. One Bible verse says that life and death are in the tongue (Proverbs 18:21).

That’s why dad always exhorted me to use positive words to encourage other people. They motivate like nothing else.

But dad also said that mere words are not enough. He said that love is a verb.

Love is what you do.

It’s important to use positive words to encourage others. It’s even more imperative to express love with your actions. It’s love with skin on. It’s what God did when he became one of us in Jesus.

And when you love with words and deeds, the object of your love experiences love in its fullness.

That’s how my dad loved mom and us kids.

by David Chadwick

Loyal
]I believe that there is power in words. One Bible verse says that life and death are in the tongue (Proverbs 18:21).

That’s why dad always exhorted me to use positive words to encourage other people. They motivate like nothing else.

But dad also said that mere words are not enough. He said that love is a verb.

Love is what you do.

It’s important to use positive words to encourage others. It’s even more imperative to express love with your actions. It’s love with skin on. It’s what God did when he became one of us in Jesus.

And when you love with words and deeds, the object of your love experiences love in its fullness.

That’s how my dad loved mom and us kids.

by David Chadwick
Amen Brother and your Dad was a wise man!!

Now then Dave with what you have spoken about words begin to examine Every Word Spoken for they either work for us or against us.

I understand this thread is based on Love and that is good because everything depends on Love in the Kingdom of God.

I am only talking an opportunity to bring to Light Our Words.

We can pray a powerful prayer fully empowered with Faith and 15 minutes begin to release words that are working against our prayers.

Beautiful Post Brother and I wish more people could experience a family life such as you spoke of.

Blessings and Love in Christ

Edit add in......
Just noticed the name

Active
Top Poster Of Month
Amen brother

Words often come from the tongue, but should come from the heart.

Words can cut us up if from the tongue, but embrace us if from the heart.

If 'Words are all I have' let them be like God's Word's to us and touch another's heart.

Smile an everlasting smile
A smile can bring you near to me
Don't ever let me find you gone
'Cause that would bring a tear to me
This world has lost his glory
Let's start a brand new story
now , my love
Right now , there'll be no other time
And I can show you how
My love

Talk in everlasting words
And dedicate them all to me