• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Lord's Prayer question.

I have been looking at the Lord's Prayer in about a dozen versions or translations, and I notice 2 phrases omitted in a number of them: Thy will be done, and Deliver us from evil. Does anyone know a reason for this?

Loyal
I have been looking at the Lord's Prayer in about a dozen versions or translations, and I notice 2 phrases omitted in a number of them: Thy will be done, and Deliver us from evil. Does anyone know a reason for this?
I believe it's due to a minor variation between the gospels of Matthew and Luke.

Matthews version is the one that most of us are familiar with. For that reason, Matthew's version was incorporated in some of the ancient manuscripts of Lukes gospel.

My everyday Bible has the shorter version in Luke and a footnote

I can't remember where I came across this explanation. If it's an important issue for you, cross-check with some other sources too.