• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Looking for a strong walk with my Lord

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Good evening. I am new here. I am a born again Christian looking for an outlet to talk to to like minded saints for encouragement, enlightenment, and just good conversation.

Active
Hope you can find someone that are likeminded in speaking the same thing and holding to the same judgements. I don't think I have yet, but I leave it to God to cause the increase and to help me let go when those in error are set in their ways.

Nice to meet you, sister.

It would be safe for me to say that relying on the Lord Jesus Christ as your Good Shepherd in helping you to understand His words in the KJV and discern good & evil by His words while trusting Him to help you lay aside every weight & sin is the best way to strengthen your walk with the Lord as trust is the basis for all relationship in following Him as His disciple as we can only follow Him by faith in Jesus Christ & all His promises to us..

The word of the Lord does encourage me but sometimes I just need to speak with His people to encourage me when I am at a low point. I trust the Lord for every aspect of my life it's just waiting on answers sometimes that challenges me. I hope this is a forum that I can be open and honest and find that responses will be given in love and Christ based.

Active
The word of the Lord does encourage me but sometimes I just need to speak with His people to encourage me when I am at a low point. I trust the Lord for every aspect of my life it's just waiting on answers sometimes that challenges me. I hope this is a forum that I can be open and honest and find that responses will be given in love and Christ based.
If not, there is always Jesus Christ at that throne of grace.

Hebrews 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart. 13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do. 14 Seeing then that we have a great high priest, that is passed into the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our profession. 15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Thank you so much for sharing this. I was moved to tears. You can't know how much this touched me. I will be heading out to choir rehearsal soon, this along with the songs of Zion will continue to encourage my soul.

Active
[/COLOR].
Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice. ....8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Ephesians 5:19 Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord; 20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;

Colossians 3:15 And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful. 16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord. 17 And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.

May God bless you, sister.

Thank you for these scriptures they are so appropriate. My church is on a two week fast for Thanksgiving so these scriptures are feeding my soul. Thank you again.
Tomorrow I will be leaving on a vacation with my daughter for 9 days. Please keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. May the peace and favor of God be over your life and family.

Active
Thank you for these scriptures they are so appropriate. My church is on a two week fast for Thanksgiving so these scriptures are feeding my soul. Thank you again.
Tomorrow I will be leaving on a vacation with my daughter for 9 days. Please keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. May the peace and favor of God be over your life and family.
Thank you, dear sister. I shall lift you & your daughter up to Jesus Christ & the Father in His name in rayer.

As we head into the holiday season I just want to wish everyone the favor and blessings of our Lord and Savior. My life may not be perfect but my God is so I will continue to trust Him for all my needs, Psalms 9:1 " I will praise thee, O Lord, with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvelous works."

Staff Member
@LadiD62
Sorry for taking so long in welcoming you to Talk Jesus Sister.
Always a joy to welcome another Sister in Christ Jesus to this online Christian Community.
Hope your vacation was a blessing to you and yours.
Once again be welcome!
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Thank you so much Nick. Better late than never. I pray all is well with you and yours. May the Grace and Peace of God be with you.

Staff Member
@LadiD62
I guess Sister since we're really dealing with an Eternity of fellowship....what's a few weeks :smile:
Hope you get to enjoy the site.
With the Love of Christ Jesus.
YBIC
Nick
<><

Good evening. I am new here. I am a born again Christian looking for an outlet to talk to to like minded saints for encouragement, enlightenment, and just good conversation.
Hey, I hope this message finds you well. I would like to encourage you to read the four gospels, (Mathew, Mark, Luke and John) that is where you can actually find the teachings of Jesus. Read them for yourself and let Jesus' teachings speak to you, don't listen to anyone but our Lord and Savior through his teachings and what he asked his followers (Christians) to do,

Thank you for directing me towards the books of the bible that will lead me closer to Jesus.

You are welcome, I hope you read them as if Jesus is speaking to you. He has a lot of commands and things that the churches throw out. Just take your time and read them, as if Jesus is teaching a class on how to be a Christian.

Peace and love