• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Longing to Worship

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
How amiable [are] thy tabernacles, O LORD of hosts! My soul longeth, yea, even fainteth for the courts of the LORD: my heart and my flesh crieth out for the living God. Psalm 84:1-2

This unknown psalmist longed to worship the Lord with other believers in the tabernacles. Bible commentator Adam Clarke points out that the word tabernacles refers to "all the places in or near the temple where acts of Divine worship were performed. The holy of holies, the holy place, the altar of incense, the altar of burnt offering…all called here God's tabernacles or dwelling-places; for wherever God was worshiped, there he was supposed to dwell."

Today, Christians worship in church buildings, school buildings, workplaces, cafes, parks, and homes. In fact, wherever two or three are gathered in Jesus' name, He's with them. Do you trust that when you worship, He will indeed show up? He will!

If your soul doesn't long to worship the Lord the way the psalmist describes, and if it doesn't cry out to the living God, something is wrong. Ask the Lord to renew your spirit.

Prayer: Father, sometimes my worship is dry. Sometimes my want-to-is lacking. Sometimes I go through the motions. I know it's often due to my wayward heart. Renew my spirit, oh Lord. Draw me closer, Lead me beside still waters. Lead me in the paths of righteousness for Your name's sake.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Devotionals 0
Tristan W Bible Discussions 5
ladylovesJesus Devotionals 0