• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Loneliness and Voices

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

It occurred to me that with our electronics we never have to be without a human voice in our house or car. Living alone, I like to have something turned on at all times. But how will we hear God's voice if all we listen to are human voices? Yes, they may be teaching, preaching or singing about Jesus but what about our personal relationship with him.

I tried having the silence when I went to bed after I turned off the radio and tv, but for me nighttime is not the right time for my quiet time with God. I just get too sleepy. What Im trying to say is, and I say this to myself as well as others, don't be afraid of the silence. Its the discomfort of it that will drive you into prayer, so it is a blessing for that discomfort, if you are like me and do not like the nothingness feeling in a house without voices. Its a time to listen to God as we converse with Him. He wants our full attention without the distraction of other voices.

So turn off the electronic voices. Today I started to pray because I was lonely and hated the quiet, but this is what He impressed on me to write about. It was a lovely time with the Lord. I thanked him for the quietness because I could hear Him. It turned a time of anguish for me into a delight.

Last edited:
So turn off the electronic voices. Today I started to pray because I was lonely and hated the quiet, but this is what He impressed on me to write about. It was a lovely time with the Lord. I thanked him for the quietness because I could hear Him. It turned a time of anguish for me into a delight.
Amen.
My Pastor has a saying........Much Prayer = Much Power. Little Prayer = Little Power. No Prayer = and then he smiles.