• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Living Your Reformation Day Faith

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Administrator
Staff Member
Living Your Reformation Day Faith - Message #383 - October 23, 2005

A wonderful aspect of Reformation Faith celebrated on October 31st and proclaimed long ago by Martin Luther, John Calvin, John Knox and men of like persuasion is its life changing power. God exhorted the children of Israel, "Wash yourselves, make yourselves clean; remove the evil of your deeds from My sight. Cease to do evil, learn to do good; seek justice, reprove the ruthless; defend the orphan, plead for the widow" (Isaiah 1:16-17).

In New Testament times, faith in Jesus Christ involves the ability to move in the direction of the old command. This shows the power of the grace of God. Faith is not something which stands alone. It is faith alone which unites us to Christ in a saving way.

But faith which stands alone is not biblical faith. "Someone may well say, 'You have faith, and I have works; show me your faith without the works, and I will show you my faith by my works'" (James 2:18). Faith is a gift of God. "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God." This faith issues in good works and vindicates your relationship with God. "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them" (Ephesians 2:8,10).

Contributed by Dr. Dennis J. Prutow