• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Living the Resurrection Life

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
I am living the resurrection life that Jesus provides because I set my mind on things above, not on things on the earth.-Colossians 3:1-2. As far as this world is concerned; I have died and my new, real life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, Who is life, appears, then I also will appear with Him in the splendor of His glory.-Galatians 2:20. Many believers are jealous of others who live in victory and are resentful that their own lives are so difficult.-Job 5:2. These people are more focused on what other people are doing for God than what God wants them to do for Him. God the Person of the Holy Spirit is working in all of us, so He can work through us. But, if we grieve the Holy Spirit by judging and discouraging others, instead of encouraging them; we're only hurting ourselves, and God is not pleased.-Ephesians 4:29-32. We hinder the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives when we allow our selfish, sinful nature to show its ugly face. We must keep on our minds and in our hearts what Christ did for us on the cross.-John 10:11.
God gave His only begotten Son to die on a cross for our sins, so that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.-John 3:16. God's Word says we are saved by grace through faith as a gift from Him. There is nothing we can do to earn salvation.-Ephesians 2:8-9. We believe and confess with our mouth that Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Savior of the world.. We believe He died on the cross for us and bore all our sins in His body, paying the price for them.-1 Peter 2:24. We believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead and He is alive today.-Acts 13:30. This is a miracle! We believe we are a sinner and we are sorry for our sins. We asked God to forgive us and by faith we received Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. We believe we are saved and will spend eternity with Him.-
Romans 10:9-10. This is a miracle!
I remind myself often that God drew me to Himself and granted me the gift of salvation. The moment I believed and accepted the gift of salvation, Jesus sent the Person of the Holy Spirit to dwell within me forever. His job is to mold me and shape me and cause my flesh (my desires and emotions) to line up with my saved spirit. I possess in me right now the fruit of the spirit.-Galatians 5:22-23. The main job of the Holy Spirit is to work in me so this fruit can be seen by others. The Holy Spirit will always live in me. He comforts me like no one on earth can. He teaches me how to understand Scripture like no one on earth can. John 14:26. He guides me into God's perfect will for my life. He will guide you into His perfect will for your life, too, if you allow Him.
The Holy Spirit shows us how to live for God. God determines how He will use each of us. We don't pick and choose how we want to serve Him. God gives spiritual gifts to every believer. We are to operate out of the gift He chooses for us.-1 Corinthians 12:4-6.
We should be dying to our flesh ( our desires) more and more as we serve our Father in heaven while we are still here on earth. We must carry our cross every day. We must stay focused on what God has called us to do.-Matthew 16:24-26. We must encourage others in their godly endeavors. We must be careful not to judge others who post a message we don't agree with. We're not God and we never will be.-Matthew 7:1-5. It pleases God that we are sharing our knowledge about Him with the world, but He is the Judge, not us. We're all learning, and correct learning takes place when we study the Bible on our own and let the Holy Spirit gives us revelation knowledge. None of us know it all, and we never will until we see Jesus face to face.
Spiritual discernment will let us know if we or someone else is totally off base with Scripture.-Philippians 1:9-10. The Holy Spirit Who lives in us will give us the right words. Remember, everyone doesn't know the same things you know. But, they want to, they're searching, just like us. If we see a conversation heading into confusion, we need to kindly give the person scripture to read and let the Holy Spirit reveal the truth.-1 Corinthians 14:33.
I am thankful for Talk Jesus. May we continue to encourage one another, study the Bible and grow in our knowledge of Jesus, share the truth He's teaching us, and use the spiritual gifts He's given us to praise, serve, and worship Him.
I am simply a vessel that God uses for His purpose to bring Him honor and glory.
Love in Christ,
Jan :)

Loyal
I am living the resurrection life that Jesus provides because I set my mind on things above, not on things on the earth.-Colossians 3:1-2. As far as this world is concerned; I have died and my new, real life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, Who is life, appears, then I also will appear with Him in the splendor of His glory.-Galatians 2:20. Many believers are jealous of others who live in victory and are resentful that their own lives are so difficult.-Job 5:2. These people are more focused on what other people are doing for God than what God wants them to do for Him. God the Person of the Holy Spirit is working in all of us, so He can work through us. But, if we grieve the Holy Spirit by judging and discouraging others, instead of encouraging them; we're only hurting ourselves, and God is not pleased.-Ephesians 4:29-32. We hinder the work of the Holy Spirit in our lives when we allow our selfish, sinful nature to show its ugly face. We must keep on our minds and in our hearts what Christ did for us on the cross.-John 10:11.
God gave His only begotten Son to die on a cross for our sins, so that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life.-John 3:16. God's Word says we are saved by grace through faith as a gift from Him. There is nothing we can do to earn salvation.-Ephesians 2:8-9. We believe and confess with our mouth that Jesus Christ is God's Son, the Savior of the world.. We believe He died on the cross for us and bore all our sins in His body, paying the price for them.-1 Peter 2:24. We believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead and He is alive today.-Acts 13:30. This is a miracle! We believe we are a sinner and we are sorry for our sins. We asked God to forgive us and by faith we received Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. We believe we are saved and will spend eternity with Him.-
Romans 10:9-10. This is a miracle!
I remind myself often that God drew me to Himself and granted me the gift of salvation. The moment I believed and accepted the gift of salvation, Jesus sent the Person of the Holy Spirit to dwell within me forever. His job is to mold me and shape me and cause my flesh (my desires and emotions) to line up with my saved spirit. I possess in me right now the fruit of the spirit.-Galatians 5:22-23. The main job of the Holy Spirit is to work in me so this fruit can be seen by others. The Holy Spirit will always live in me. He comforts me like no one on earth can. He teaches me how to understand Scripture like no one on earth can. John 14:26. He guides me into God's perfect will for my life. He will guide you into His perfect will for your life, too, if you allow Him.
The Holy Spirit shows us how to live for God. God determines how He will use each of us. We don't pick and choose how we want to serve Him. God gives spiritual gifts to every believer. We are to operate out of the gift He chooses for us.-1 Corinthians 12:4-6.
We should be dying to our flesh ( our desires) more and more as we serve our Father in heaven while we are still here on earth. We must carry our cross every day. We must stay focused on what God has called us to do.-Matthew 16:24-26. We must encourage others in their godly endeavors. We must be careful not to judge others who post a message we don't agree with. We're not God and we never will be.-Matthew 7:1-5. It pleases God that we are sharing our knowledge about Him with the world, but He is the Judge, not us. We're all learning, and correct learning takes place when we study the Bible on our own and let the Holy Spirit gives us revelation knowledge. None of us know it all, and we never will until we see Jesus face to face.
Spiritual discernment will let us know if we or someone else is totally off base with Scripture.-Philippians 1:9-10. The Holy Spirit Who lives in us will give us the right words. Remember, everyone doesn't know the same things you know. But, they want to, they're searching, just like us. If we see a conversation heading into confusion, we need to kindly give the person scripture to read and let the Holy Spirit reveal the truth.-1 Corinthians 14:33.
I am thankful for Talk Jesus. May we continue to encourage one another, study the Bible and grow in our knowledge of Jesus, share the truth He's teaching us, and use the spiritual gifts He's given us to praise, serve, and worship Him.
I am simply a vessel that God uses for His purpose to bring Him honor and glory.
Love in Christ,
Jan :smile:
Sister in the Lord, this was the greatest revelation the Lord has ever given me more than 40 years ago!

Col 3:1 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
Col 3:3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

Verse 4 is the result of actually believing the first three!

How can anyone learn anything from God the father if we never come into his presence?

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, by grace ye are saved
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

I do not think you will find a lot of people who actually believe this, even though all we have to do is confess theses scriptures so that faith will come so we can receive the faith to believe them!

Active
Amen! Jan! Praise the Lord! I have really been touched by this. My heart is filled with this devotion. Thank you for possessing in you the fruit of the spirit. I see the Holy Spirit lives in you. I will meditate on this and hopefully I can reply further on here. Thank you Sister! God Bless you and sending many hugs and love in Christ! :smile::love:

Active
Amen! Jan! Praise the Lord! I have really been touched by this. My heart is filled with this devotion. Thank you for possessing in you the fruit of the spirit. I see the Holy Spirit lives in you. I will meditate on this and hopefully I can reply further on here. Thank you Sister! God Bless you and sending many hugs and love in Christ! :smile::love:
Hugs and love in Christ to you, too, sweet lady. :):love:

Active
Hugs and love in Christ to you, too, sweet lady. :smile::love:
Thank you Sister! I just found this morning that a friend of mine had passed away, but it happened in July. She was a member of a support group that I was in, and I had spoken with her a lot for the past 2 years, but had lost contact with her over the summer. I was wondering why she had not called and had not returned my calls. I found out on Facebook on her page that she had passed. I feel extremely sad and depressed. I am asking for prayer and praying for guidance. Thank you, my friend. In Jesus name I pray. Sisters in Christ, Pat :love:

Loyal
Greetings Jan @jaboyle100

What can we say? Without Christ I am nothing.

Galatians 2:20 (NKJV)
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Thank you sister

Numbers 6:24-26

Loyal
Amen! Sister Pat

May the Lord strengthen you daily as you grow in Faith in His Name.

Jesus Loves you I do too.

Peace be with you.

Active
Sister in the Lord, this was the greatest revelation the Lord has ever given me more than 40 years ago!

Col 3:1 If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God.
Col 3:2 Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth.
Col 3:3 For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God.
Col 3:4 When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

Verse 4 is the result of actually believing the first three!

How can anyone learn anything from God the father if we never come into his presence?

Heb 4:15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.
Heb 4:16 Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Eph 2:5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, by grace ye are saved
Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:

Gal 2:20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

I do not think you will find a lot of people who actually believe this, even though all we have to do is confess theses scriptures so that faith will come so we can receive the faith to believe them!
Curtis, I wish I had received this revelation 40 yrs. ago! I have it now, though, and I thank the Lord all the time. So happy for you! God will continue to bless you and give you His wisdom and insight into the spiritual world, where our real home is in heaven. Love in Christ, Jan :)

Active
Greetings Jan @jaboyle100

What can we say? Without Christ I am nothing.

Galatians 2:20 (NKJV)
20 I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Thank you sister

Numbers 6:24-26
Amen! Without Christ, I am nothing. This body I live in is simply a vehicle that carries Him around, to do His will. I am so thankful He came to live in my heart. He will always love me, protect me, and show me His will as long as I remain on earth. Then He will lead me home! My prayer is that God will continue to use me and help me to plant seeds of truth into the hearts of others. He knows I'm available! God bless you, Brother-Paul as you continue to live by faith in God's Son Christ Jesus. Love in Christ, Jan :)

Active
Thank you Sister! I just found this morning that a friend of mine had passed away, but it happened in July. She was a member of a support group that I was in, and I had spoken with her a lot for the past 2 years, but had lost contact with her over the summer. I was wondering why she had not called and had not returned my calls. I found out on Facebook on her page that she had passed. I feel extremely sad and depressed. I am asking for prayer and praying for guidance. Thank you, my friend. In Jesus name I pray. Sisters in Christ, Pat :love:
Pat I talked to God about your sadness. I know He hears your prayers and mine. I hope you're feeling better today. Do you know if your friend knew Jesus as her Savior? I hope so. If she had a personal relationship with Him, then she's in heaven. In that case, in the midst of your sadness, you can rejoice and be happy for her! I wrote a song about losing a loved one. Maybe I'll post it. I hope you and your hubby are having a fantastic evening! :)

Active
Thank you so much Sister Jan! Yes, she did. Yes, I can rejoice! I just was so overwhelmed. That would be wonderful to hear that song. You are so talented and gifted, and I Praise the Lord for that! I thank Jesus for your special gifts. I'm still working on mine to come out yet, but I'm getting there! Peace and love! :love: :smile: