• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Living Stones

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
1 Peter 2:4-5 As you come to him the living stone-rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him-you also, like living stones , are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
Matthew 18:19-20 "Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. For where two or three come together in my name, there am I with them."

So, to paraphrase these two scriptures, we have Christians- Living Stones, being built into a spiritual house (a temple or church) to be a holy priesthood, and where two or three of these stones, or priests, if you will, come together, anything they agree about and ask for will be done by Jesus' Father in heaven. This brings me to an important point; in most churches prayer is weak, because there are those among the brethren who's hearts are not right with God and their presence pollute the prayers. What can be done about this? All born again believers move in the Spirit of God, and as we share truth and discuss scripture, often in certain company, we are moved in the Spirit. That Spiritual anointing does more than one thing, it shows us through the Word what we need to learn from scripture but it also points out who our true brothers are. If we are to have effective prayers, we must be sure who we choose to pray with. We must pray with those whom we have felt the Spirit with. They are the living stones spoken of in scripture, and the movement of the Spirit is our credentials showing us who is who, or who is our church. In that church we have power.