• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Living Stones

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
1Peter2:4-5 As you come to him, the living Stone-rejected by men but chosen by God and precious to him-you also, like living stones, are being built into a spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.
Matthew 18:20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
Linking these two scriptures, we come to an understanding of the church. According to these scriptures. We, the living stones, are being built into a spiritual house. And where two or three of these stones come together, in the name of the Lord, our Lord is in our midst. What are we to understand by 'coming together', does it mean physically or spiritually? If it is the latter, I don't think we in talk Jesus stand much of a chance, do you? There is very little that we agree on, and when we disagree, even when scripture is sited where even Jesus himself teaches by example one way, many of us, stiff necked, go in the other direction. Do we even wish to move in spiritual harmony as a holy priesthood should? I posted two scriptures that showed, (1), that the first thing Jesus did before he even started his ministry, was to be baptised by John. (the first thing he did). (2) after Paul was waylaid by Jesus on the road to Damascus, was blinded, and then received his sight from Ananias. Knowing that Jesus had chosen him to bring the truth to the gentiles, the first thing he did was to be baptised. (The first thing he did) So we have our Lord and our Apostle, who wouldn't even start their ministries without, first being baptised, being ignored by those who profess to be followers. I pray that the Lord will give us all here on Talk Jesus, the humility and Grace to embrace the truth of the scriptures and not lean to our own understanding. Bless all on this site.

Loyal
Agreeing with each other is not the priority. Agreeing with God and scripture is.