Living Faith "perpetuating works thru faith"

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:1)

Top Poster Of Month
Disclaimer:
1. For those that are not under the law but will put people under the law if someone commits adultery with their spouse, steals from them, kills a love one, turn one in if offended, etc
2. For those that say we are not under the law "without any context" and say we cannot keep the law.
3.For those that imply we shouldn't try, and say or imply that any and all of our works, accountability and actions are in vain.
4. For those that focus solely on the Acknowledgement of Believe and Faith; But not on it's Expectations.
5. For Teachers that continually/perpetually lay the foundation of repentance from dead works

Mat 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Mat 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Heb 6:1 Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Heb 6:2 Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.
Heb 6:3 And this will we do, if God permit.

Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1Co 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
1Co 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
1Co 9:23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
END DISCLAIMER
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Main Topic: Living Faith

Heb 12:2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Rom 6:14 For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace.

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Jas 2:20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Luk 20:38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the living: for all live unto him.

Joh 10:37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

Jas 2:22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

Top Poster Of Month
Edit:
not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

"could possibly be in the context of not laying again without adding to it" My reasoning is from personal experience the foundation of dead works seems to be encouragement. Encouragement is improtant but we have to add to it. Like we have to add to our faith for example"

2 Peter 1:4-9 King James Version (KJV)
4 Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
5 And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
6 And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
7 And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
8 For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9 But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.