• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Listening to the Lord

Staff Member
So He said, "No, but [as] Commander of the army of the LORD I have now come." And Joshua fell on his face to the earth and worshiped, and said to Him, "What does my Lord say to His servant?" Joshua 5:14 NKJV

A pastor failed to show up for work two days in a row. He also didn’t cancel several important appointments. Something was clearly wrong.

A church elder took the matter to the Lord in earnest prayer. Finally, he boldly asked God to tell him what was happening. He’ll never forget what God said: “Your pastor friend hasn’t consummated his marriage yet.” He had never heard of such a thing. Besides, the pastor and his wife had been married six months. Still, the elder believed God, kept listening, and carefully noted everything. Afterward, he messaged his pastor and invited him to lunch the next day.

After the host seated them and the waiter took their orders, the elder looked at his friend empathetically. Then he said, “I want to tell you what God told me yesterday evening. He told me that you and your wife haven’t consummated your marriage.”

The pastor wept for five minutes. When he finished and looked back up, the elder quietly asked, “Do you want to know what else God told me?” Today, that pastor and his wife have a thriving marriage and family and fruitful ministry. The Lord God alone gets all the glory!

Prayer: Lord, You want me to listen and obey. Please help me do both.