• Hi Guest!

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outlet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

Light becomes even as the darkness in unbelief

Active
I doubted myself, and denied who I am,

I became shrouded in disbelief,
and wondered in uncertainty,

I stopped believing in who I am,
and with it,
I doubted even when I was wrong,
and could not accept when I was right,
the One who would justify me was far off,
and the one who would condemn me was very near,
my kingdom was filled with darkness,
and the light of day became as the darkness of night,
and every path closed in my face,
for the paths open not to disbelief,
but are ever open to belief,
which is faith;

it was then that I realized my enemy, and my enemy had a name,
his name,
is doubt,

for it was doubt that led me into death,
and it was belief that brought me into life,

and now that I know the enemy that held me,
for he can hold me no more,
and my friend now declares me,

for His name is Faithful.

Peace be with you, friends,
Regards

Active
I'm going to live life to the fullest from now on.

Honestly, there's so much chaos and conflict out there that getting caught up in all of it seems like an endless struggle without resolution; I have yielded that fight and decided that I will trust my spirit when my spirit tells me to move for others. I will not complicate it any longer. I have always been this way, and I believe in it. I will always move for all of you, because that is a part of who I am. I doubted who I was, and my life became clouded in pitch black. I'm back on my feet, and I know who I am now. I won't be brought to my knees again, and I sure as heck am not going to let myself stay down.

I thank all of you for lifting others' spirits so diligently and for putting in so much effort for others.

I consider all of you family even though we do not know each other in person.

Peace be with you,
brandon

Active
I'm going to live life to the fullest from now on.

Honestly, there's so much chaos and conflict out there that getting caught up in all of it seems like an endless struggle without resolution; I have yielded that fight and decided that I will trust my spirit when my spirit tells me to move for others. I will not complicate it any longer. I have always been this way, and I believe in it. I will always move for all of you, because that is a part of who I am. I doubted who I was, and my life became clouded in pitch black. I'm back on my feet, and I know who I am now. I won't be brought to my knees again, and I sure as heck am not going to let myself stay down.

I thank all of you for lifting others' spirits so diligently and for putting in so much effort for others.

I consider all of you family even though we do not know each other in person.

Peace be with you,
brandon
'Delight thyself also in the LORD; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass.
.. And He shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.
.... Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for Him:
fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way,
.. because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
.... Cease from anger, and forsake wrath:
fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.
.. For evildoers shall be cut off:
.... but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth.
For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be:
yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.'
(Psalm 37:5-10)

Hello there,

I am glad you have found your way out of your 'slough of despond' @Brandon.

Yes, it is fatal to look either 'inward' or 'outward', for only by keeping our eyes on our Saviour, our Lord and Head, now risen and glorified and seated at God's right hand, can we free ourselves from the vagaries of mood that can affect our mental well-being.

The words 'fret not' come to mind, used on several occasions within Scripture. We, in Christ Jesus, have no reason to be anxious about anything, for the power of God which raised our Lord from the dead, is the power that God has toward us, and He is able to immeasurably more than we can ever ask or think.

With love in Christ Jesus
our risen and glorified
Saviour, Lord and Head.
Chris