• Hi Guest!

You may be aware that "big tech" has been aggressively censoring conservatives on Twitter, Facebook, Google, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms. This is tyrannical and suppressive towards Christians and conservatives.

Please share Talk Jesus community on every platform you have to give conservatives an outleet and safe community to be apart of.

Support This Community

Thank You

• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 13,000 members today

Register Log In

Life Language

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Staff Member
I have waited for your salvation, O LORD! Genesis 49:18 NKJV

Joseph invited his family to live in Egypt, where they were provided good land and plenty of food. Time passed and Jacob (a.k.a. Israel) came to the end of his life. His sons gathered and he shared what he knew about each son and offered hope for the years ahead.

At an odd time, Jacob pauses his recital of future hope and says a prayer: “I have waited for your salvation, O LORD!” He had lived through the salvation of an exit from his father-in-law’s control, from his brother’s wrath, and from famine, and now he recognizes that salvation from Egypt is needed for his family.

Today is Martin Luther King Jr. Day. Dr. King could relate to this verse. Oppression had been endured, but salvation was needed. Dr. King would even say, “Someday we will get to the Promised Land.” He too was looking at a different, better future when he spoke those words in Washington, DC.

If you are a parent, you have the ability to speak life into your children. That’s rarely done by being critical but is accelerated when you envision a good future for them to grow into.

Prayer: Lord, help me to speak life-giving words to my family. May they be encouraged as I tell them how they can successfully face the future and that their lives are altered when they take hold of Your purpose.