• Welcome to Talk Jesus

A true bible based, Jesus centered online community. Join over 11,000 members today

Register Log In

LGBTQ

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Active
Many have heard the acronym LGBT(Q) which stands for
Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual & transgender (Q = questioning or sometimes queer).

There are some in the church and outside of the church that feel that many Christians don't embrace or
love LGBT individuals compared to other groups that may be in sin(liars, adulterers, thieves, etc).

This is the problem I have brothers and sisters with the whole LGBT issue.

First of all, I love everyone. Love being described as doing what is in the other's person's
best interest and willing to put that person before yourself.

Now back to my problem.
I issue is that first let us understand that Sodomy is a sin and it is an abomination to our God.
It is a sin that the Bible tells us will lead many into the fires of Hell. Now, because someone is
living a lifestyle of sin doesn't mean I can't love them. I love everyone( I try to).

The false comparison is this. I've heard people say, you are picking on homosexuals and why don't
you speak up against all the other fornicators in the church.

This is the difference. Yes fornication is a sin, but I don't see people calling themselves fornicators and
claiming to be proud of it. It is one thing to have a Pastor who falls into the sin of adultery and bounces
back, but it's another thing to have a pastor claims to be homosexual and teaches it to be the truth, and to
say that He is proud of it.

Many youth engage in premarital sex which is a sin and not good, but schools are now identifying LGBT
youth and asking people to embrace who they are. We never once embrace premarital sex for teens, and we actually had school programs to help reduce youth pregnancy, so why should we embrace this behavior in youth?

We don't have a national group for murders, and thieves, and rapist, nor is there a push for us to embrace those sins. I know being a murder is different from being gay, but in terms of sin they are both the same. They are both the same in the sense that unrepentant sin will carry you to hell.

So the same way that I am not going to hate someone because he is a murder, or a thieve, I don't hate
anyone because they are gay. But I don't embrace or accept the behaviors of a thieve or a murder, if they
choose to find their identity in those sins. This is exactly the same in the sense that I don't embrace of accept the behaviors of a homosexual if they choose to find their full identity in their sexuality. I can love you and not accept
what you are doing.

Society wants to tell us what if you don't accept a person where they are you are doing something wrong. I think we definitely need to love people where they are, but we shouldn't be deceived into watering down the gospel of forgetting
in a rush to be politically correct that these behaviors are sinful and will lead many to the fires of hell. The way to save them of course is not by hammering on their sins but by loving them where they are.

There are many aspect of what it means to be a person. Sexuality is just one. Your whole self should not be summed up in your sexuality, especially for Christians. We should find ourselves in Christ and let our identity flow from there.

Loyal
I have yet to see a "Adultery Pride" or "Fornication Pride" rally or parade, but the way things are going...
who knows? On the other hand... maybe it's because these things have simply become to commonplace
to make issue. Is there a single television show that hasn't had fornication or adultery on it in the last
40 years? Why make an issue out of it if it's already accepted everywhere?

I will say this however... in my church at least... adultery and fornication are taken every bit as serious as
homosexuality...

One more thing I will add... if homosexuality is about loving each other just like heterosexual people do...
First of all I can love other men without having sex with them. (in fact I love many men)
So loving other men isn't what makes someone a homosexual.
Second... in fornication someone will usually try to be faithful to one partner. (even if it is sinful sex)
Adultery is worse... because now I am being unfaithful to one of my partners (usually a wife or husband)
But bi-sexual is even worse... because I know in advance I don't want just a male or female partner..
I want both... It's hard to be faithful and loyal to my spouse (homosexual or not) if I have multiple partners.

Active
Great points on the adultery Pride point and the point that loving a man isn't what makes you gay. Excellent.

To add to that, I'll say many people love their dogs and cats, nothing may be wrong with that, but having physical intimacy with your pet is just biologically not normal. Even if you're not Christian. For the "progressives" who push science so hard, any science teacher(biology) will tell you that homosexuality is not normal or natural, or nature's say for us. Most people don't need to even be a teacher to know that our organs are not designed that way. They push science so much but clearly are ignoring basic science when it comes to homosexuality.

<sacrasm>Also what about the child paedophiles who don't promote rape but consetual sex between children and adults. While isn't society meeting them where they are and embracing them for who they are? <\sacrasm>

They society doesn't see that opening this LGBT agenda door opens the flood gates to a whole lot of craziness, chaos and filth. Yes filth.

Loyal
@Jesus_is_LORD and @B-A-C The problem really perhaps lies in what scripture means by Love. God loves all of the sinners, but unless they repent of their errors, no matter what the errors are, they will not have Life. Jesus loved all of his originally called 12 apostles including Judas. He never treated Judas differently than others even when He knew that Judas was planning betray Him. He loved Judas, but recall these words:

"The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born." Mark 14:21

If any of these who embrace this LGBT agenda have come to know Jesus as did Judas are they not also similarly loved by the Lord? In spite of this love of them by Jesus and His true followers in the end if they do not repent of their sinful ways will it not also be "woe" unto to them?

The world around us may eventually insist that we give something that we cannot, but in the end to whom will be he "woe"?

Administrator
Staff Member
Prophecy is being fulfilled and what you see going on in this world is evident of this.

“He said to them, “This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms.” Luke‬ ‭24:44‬ ‭

It will get worst, first 1 Timothy. We love everyone but not be confirmed to the patterns (sinful lifestyle) of the world.

“But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days. People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good, treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God— having a form of godliness but denying its power. Have nothing to do with such people. They are the kind who worm their way into homes and gain control over gullible women, who are loaded down with sins and are swayed by all kinds of evil desires, always learning but never able to come to a knowledge of the truth. Just as Jannes and Jambres opposed Moses, so also these teachers oppose the truth. They are men of depraved minds, who, as far as the faith is concerned, are rejected. But they will not get very far because, as in the case of those men, their folly will be clear to everyone.”

2 Timothy‬ ‭3:1-9‬ ‭

Active
Even though clarification may not be needed, I do want to share that my issue is really not with the LGBTQ people specifically.

I've actually never had an argument or a confrontation with an LGBTQ person because of the way they identified.
In college I actually had a friend who suffered with same sex attraction, "come out" to me in confidence and sharing
that He was struggling with that. The mere fact that he felt comfortable telling ME, shows that he didn't think I was going to condemn Him.

I work with LGBT youth in foster care and I've never had an argument with them, even though I've shared the gospel or inquired about their faith with them.

For me it's often Christians who are blind and supporting the agenda, or LGBTQ activist on TV.
For me it is really a issue of many who push the agenda, and many who push the agenda are not even gay themselves, but in the spirit of acceptance want to force everyone else to embrace everything.

So yes my issues it not necessarily the people, but the agenda. The media machine and the political monster that they want everyone to bow down to.

I will not bow down to the LGBTQ "god".

Last edited by a moderator:
Active
Or should I say LGBT false god.

Daniel 3:4-5

"Then the herald loudly proclaimed, "Nations and peoples of every language, this is what you are commanded to do: As soon as you hear the sound of the horn, flute, zither, lyre, harp, pipe and all kinds of music, you must fall down and worship the image of gold that King Nebuchadnezzar has set up."

This idol doesn't have to be a statue as it was in their days. This LGBT agenda I see as an idol and people are being made to bow down to it, or risk losing their jobs, risk being labeled a bigot, and risk even jail time.

Stand up for Jesus and don't bow down.