Join Us Today!

Join our non-denominational community with 10,000+ members and more than 50,000 monthly visitors today. Engage in bible discussions, studies, prayer support and friendly fellowship.

Letting Go of Grudges

Discussion in 'Devotionals' started by Christ4Ever, Jun 10, 2018.

Random Thread
  1. "So if you are presenting a sacrifice at the altar in the Temple and you suddenly remember that someone has something against you, leave your sacrifice there at the altar. Go and be reconciled to that person. Then come and offer your sacrifice to God. Matthew 5:23-24

Your worship and your treatment of others are linked. Broken fellowship with a neighbor or colleague can get in the way of your worship of God, and your only path to freedom is through confession and forgiveness.

Perhaps your own pride has offended someone or a grudge has poisoned your relationship. If you give in to anger, you then demand your rights and this can cause divisions or alienate you from others. Whatever you are holding on to, your ability to pray and to worship freely will be damaged by the same things that damage your relationships.

Pride is always destructive, whether before God or before others. A grudge could point to a self-righteousness that keeps you from receiving God’s mercy, let alone showing mercy to others. Anger counteracts the humility that keeps you in your place before God.

If you want to know where you stand before God one of the first places to look should be in your relationships with others. Do you interactions or relationships indicate that you think too highly of yourself? What steps can you take to remedy that?

Dave M likes this.
  2. I sure would like to give proper credit to your devotionals when I post them on my face book page who writes these do you nick? very good one today as usual thanks for sharing

3. The compilation of the devotionals are from 4 different men. None of the devotionals are author driven. I couldn't say who did which one.
    Do as I do and give the Glory to God for such men being moved by the Holy Spirit to write them!

With the Love of Christ Jesus.
    YBIC
    Nick
    <><

Dave M likes this.